Mystery

Monster (Hiatus)

Huaying could honestly admit that she had no idea where in Qingdao they were. If they were even still in Qingdao.

None of the buildings appeared familiar to her, and all of the people around her seemed like royalty.
 
All of them wearing brand clothing, driving luxury cars.
Yes, Huang Zitao must be very wealthy indeed.
 
But, she could not deny a certain mystery to the area. A subtle hint of darkness that was not noticed initially.
She could only wonder where they were.
 
Zitao quietly lead her to where his car was parked.
Popping open the door of some western luxury sports car.
What were they called again? Lamborgeni? Lamborghini? Something like that.
She'd never even seen one up close before. Not even her father drove such a vehicle.
 
He helped her into the passenger's seat and closed the door behind her, before moving to the driver's side.
Settling into the car, he instructed her to wear her seatbelt, and then they were off.
 
She recognized nothing about the area at all as they drove.
Could they really still be in Qingdao?
She didn't recognize anything, but it wasn't long before the buildings became more and more familiar.
They were back in Qingdao? Or there they always in Qingdao? She couldn't be sure.
 
Huaying must have spent too much time thinking, because the next thing she knew, they were parked, and Tao was pulling her our of the seat.
Looking up at the building, she realized they were outside of her apartment complex.
What were they doing here?
 
Ying turned to look at Tao, who was watching her. "Are you letting me go?" she questioned.
But Zitao merely shook his head, "I'm afraid not."
And, then he lead her into the building.
 
The halls were empty as they made their way to her apartment, and soon they stood before her door.
She watched as he brandished a key from his pocket, and slipped it into the lock, unlocking the door.
 
He had keys to her home? Had he been there before? Had he broken in?
Her mind filled with worry, as he lead her through the door.
Had he brought her here to kill her and then leave her for the neighbors to find?
 
When they entered, she found what little belongings she had were missing.
"M-my apartment..." she mumbled, looking about.
 
"Don't worry." Zitao called, "All of your belongings have been well packed. I only brought you here to make sure nothing was left behind."
 
Huaying looked at him in shock, "Why?"
 
"Because you're moving in with me of course." he snorted, as if it were obvious. "Now, please. Check if they missed anything."
 
They made their way through each room, and as Tao had expected, the packing crew had missed nothing.
 
"Then it appears the only thing left to do if return these keys to the manager, I suppose." her kidnapper chuckled.
And, after doing just that. They were back in the car and off to another location.
 
Tao seemed to be in a very pleasant mood, as he quietly hummed along with the radio.
But, Huaying on the other hand was panicking on the inside.
Where had he sent all her things? Why would be make her give up her apartment? More importantly, why hadn't she tried to run for it?
 
The next stop they made was outside of the restaurant she worked at.
 
"What are we doing here?" she demanded.
 
But, Tao was not phased by the tone of her voice. "You're going to quit your job."