All I See

Monster (Hiatus)

She looked at the handsome, dark haired man in horror.

Watching her? What? For how long?
 
"W-what do you mean?" Huaying whispered desperately.
 
Dear god. This man was insane. She concluded.
He was crazy and he kidnapped her and was going to kill her.
 
"I mean what I say, of course." Tao told her, running a hand through her hair, despite her trembling.
 
"I see you all the time, Huaying." he continued, "The first time was at the grocery store. You helped a pair of students pay for the snacks they'd wanted, even though you barely had any money yourself. After that, I saw you at the school."
 
Tao looked into her eyes, and Ying could see a hint of madness reflecting in them.
 
"We attend the same college. Did you know that, Huaying?" he only paused for a moment, barely even giving her enough time to shake her head.
 
"That's ok. I know you didn't. You're always so lost in your own world, Huaying. It's so cute."
 
Tao continued to play with her hair absently, even though she was clearly terrified.
 
"For a long time, I didn't actually know where you worked. I stopped in for a coffee on the way to my own job, when I saw you there. And, my god, you were as gorgeous as you always look, even though you were so busy trying to run the floor on your own. After that I started coming in every chance I could get, but kept my distance. I didn't want to come on too strong and scare you."
 
Ironic, because it wasn't as if being kidnapped was less frightening than the latter.
 
"Why?" she whimpered.
 
"Because I want you, Huaying." he replied automatically, without even a second thought. "I want you to be mine."
 
She shook her head, tears streaming out down her cheeks, "Why me?"
 
Zitao frowned at her, pulling the struggling girl into his arms, and wiping away her tears. "Because you're perfect. You're so kind, and smart, and loving."
 
"No, I'm not." Huaying sobbed bitterly.
 
"But, you are." he insisted. "Despite all your hardships, despite all the pain and disappointment, you're kind to everyone you meet, regardless of how they treat you. Even with your family. Even with your sister--" he cut himself off and looked down at her, "I think you're the more beautiful one, by the way."
 
The more she listened, the harder it was to hate Zitao, even though he'd kidnapped her.
She'd never gotten this amount of praise from anyone in her entire life.
 
"You're so giving, even though all people do is take." Tao turned her chin toward him, "I have to have you."
 
Staring into those eyes, nearly made her forget that she was kidnapped, that she could be in danger.
But, not nearly enough to make her give in to him.
 
"Y-you must be mistaken! I'm not-- I couldn't-- I'm just invisible! No one ever sees me!" she protested, but Zitao shook his head.
 
And, before she could push him away, she found the mysterious man's lips covering own.
 
"You were never invisible to me." he whispered, against her lips, "I saw you all along."