The Transparent Girl

Monster (Hiatus)

 

Chang Huaying is just a girl. Nothing less, but certainly nothing more.
All of her life she was but another person in the crowd.
All through high school, during college, and even now at her new job.
She was like a ghost, a silent whisper, a light presence, unheard and invisible.
A person who was always present, but not seen. She merely exists, but doesn't quite live.
Indeed, Chang Huaying was like a ghost.
 
Even her parents ignored her. They preferred her sister.
As the first born, it seemed she got everything. The looks, the brains.
Huaying only paled in comparison to her beautiful, genius sister.
 
Though Ying was a pretty girl, her sister was gorgeous.
She had the perfect complexion, long hair, and curves that all girls strived for.
Huaying was dull in contrast, with her small imperfections, and shorter hair, and petite, lanky figure.
And, her elder sister was intelligent, the top of their class.
Even though Ying studied hard to match her sister, it was useless. 
Yes, her sister got everything.
 
So, when she'd become of age, her parents hadn't hesitated to shove her out into the world.
On her own, with no help, nothing but a meaningless farewell.
But, her sister, on the other hand, was well catered to.
They'd put her up with a lovely condo in the richest area of Qingdao.
So opposite of the cheap, dingy apartment that Huaying had to find for herself.
They'd paid her sister's way into a first class university.
Unlike Ying, who could only afford part time classes at a small college.
And, they even sent her a generous amount of money monthly.
While Ying had to pick up a part time job to continue going to school.
 
Even at her work, she was invisible. No one noticed her.
Huaying sometimes wondered if she were transparent. If everyone simply saw right through her.
No one at her job even knew her name.
Often, she would take orders quietly, from rude customers, and never bothered to ask for assistance if the restaurant got too busy, because no one helped.
 
She would wake up early, rush to class, and go straight to work after. Working all through the evening, until 9pm.
After that Ying would go home, study and do her school work, then go to bed.
Waking the next morning to do it all over again.
Her routine was always consistent, and never changed.
But, she bared no ill will. Not to her parents, not to her sister, not to the rude customers, not to her coworkers, or classmates, not to anyone.
 
She simply told herself that she must have done bad in her last life, and had to do her best to repent in her new one.
So, she excepted her life and never expected anything more of it.
Things were as they were going to remain, she felt.
 
-------------------------
 
This was a character building chapter. Tao will be making his appearance in chapter two!
Please comment and subscribe if you liked this!!