Last glimpse

Behind The Real Yunho

It’s the day to go. I told her that I have recovered and have to leave now. She flashed a smile.

 

“Oppa… be safe. I’m glad you’re ok now.” She smiled again and gave me a hug.

 

“Jiyool-ah… oppa will come back. I’ll bring you lots of food that you want to eat. Ok? Just wait for me.”

 

“I want you to remember this… Jiyool will only have Oppa in her heart”

 

“So will Yunho…” while holding my tears, I just put on a smile.

 

She fronted a smile “Oppa! I’ve always wanted to eat ice cream. Promise to eat it with me one day?”

 

“Promise” I kissed her cold red cheek and waved goodbye. As I faced the other way, my tears went down falling. I couldn’t help myself. I was worried sick.

 

~~~~~

 

I came back after 3 months. With an ice cream in my hand, I was searching for her. But I was late, she wasn’t there anymore.  The nurse gave me a letter; she said it was from Jiyool.

 

Oppa… How are you? Did you bring my ice cream? ^^ I missed you a lot. Why are you so late? I’m okay now. Don’t worry. I won’t be staying here anymore so don’t go back. I promise you, you’ll see me again. And we’ll definitely have that ice cream I wanted.  Bye Yunho oppa.

 

I tried asking the nurse about her, but all she could say is that she’s not here anymore. She was confined to another place. I was mad at myself being 3 months late. My parents wouldn’t let me go back here because they were scared I might catch a disease again. And now, I was too late.

 

 

Days passed, I became stronger living up to the promises and to the desire of meeting her again. I never loved anybody except her.