Truth... Just so cruel

Behind The Real Yunho

After 3 days, she showed herself up. I was surprised. Her pale skin was back, she looked like she was sick, like before. I hurriedly asked her what happened.

 

“Yunho-ah… Mianhe”

 

“What are you saying? I was the one who’s wrong here. What happened???”

 

“I’ll tell you later. Can you meet me at the rooftop after class?”

 

“Sure, of course.”

 

 

After my daily practice, I ran to the last floor. As I opened the door, she was there looking so distant. This is going to be some serious talking I guess.

 

“Oh you came.” She puts on a weak smile. “I want you to just listen to me and don’t say anything until I’m done. Ok?”  She stared at the view in front of us; her backside is in front of me.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry that I wasn’t the Jiyool you’ve expected. I can’t be like before. Because…”

 

Tell me. She still tries to speak even with her frail voice. It’s obvious that she’s struggling.

 

“Because I’m not Jiyool. Yunho-ah I’m JiHae…”

 

“Ji… JiHae??”

 

“Her sister, twin sister.”

 

My eyes are about to explode with tears. How can she not be Jiyool?! I’m confused. Where is the real Jiyool? Why isn’t she the one in front of me?? Where is she??!! I want to scream at her so badly but I can’t with that weak face in front of me.

 

“My sister told me to find her Oppa. She wanted to see you again.”

 

“Why??? Where… where is she?” I couldn’t help myself. Tears came down falling on my face.

 

“Six years ago, she was brought to America, where I live. We were both sick. While she was having her treatments here, I was having mine there.”

 

“Where’s Jiyool? Is she still there???” I moved towards her but she was still facing the view.

 

“I knew it. There was something strange with her. They wouldn’t just bring her there if there wasn’t a situation”

 

“…”

 

“After a month, both our hearts deteriorate; but mine’s weaker. My heart’s maybe weaker, but her body can’t take all the medications, it’s so frail.”

 

“What happened to her???”

 

“She knew that she’ll not last any longer, so she gave something to me…”

 

JiHae turned her head around and glanced at me, “You…”

 

“…”

 

“She said… I’ve felt great when I met oppa… You should too JiHae. Umma can you do me a favor? I want to give this heart to my sister. I want her to feel what I felt… My mom just cried and accepted the fact that one of us should sacrifice. She knew both of us wouldn’t last long. That’s why Jiyool decided to give her heart to me.”

 

“She’s … gone?” I fell down at my knees. Tears flowed in my face.

 

Jiyool will only have Oppa in heart. I know you’ll feel it. I love you JiHae. This was all she could say. I felt infuriated… Oppa??? Oppa??? Is it always going to be him?!”

 

“She told me JiHae… Lend me your hand. She gave me her pendant and told me to keep it.”

 

“This necklace?” I held it tight.

 

“She never told me to give that to you… But… For me you’re the only guy I’ve loved… we loved.”

 

“Is it because your heart is Jiyool’s??”

 

She nodded. “She’s right, you are the only one here… you’re the only one I can feel.” She cried so hard.

 

“But how… how did… how did you found me?”

 

“I made a promise to her that I’ll find you.  That’s what she wanted.”

 

 

JiHae kept apologizing… I grabbed her wrist pulling her close to me… to my chest. I hugged her. Its ok you’re the one who’s struggling.