Lies

Behind The Real Yunho

“Wait… You’re giving this to me??” I asked her, flashing a spark in my eyes because of total happiness. I remembered her telling me the meaning of this… I’m the guy she really loves.

 

She nodded. “It’s a gift… for you.”

 

After a while, I grab her hand and danced with her. I was so happy she’s here. “Thank you.” I hugged her, she hugged me back.

 

After a minute, I remembered what Jiyool said before, about her craved for ice creams.

 

“Jiyool-ah let’s have some ice cream.”

 

“Ice cream? Ah Yunho-ah I’m sorry I don’t like sweets, didn’t I told you before? Let’s just stay here.” She smiled.

 

“But you… You’ve always wanted to eat Ice cream with me”

 

“Oh… Really? Hmm… Well I don’t like it now. People change… Right?”

 

She smiled and grabbed my hand. I was stunned; confused by the fact that she changed a lot. All I know now she’s different from the Jiyool before.

 

-----------------------

 

Days passed by, she became more different. I never saw that sweet smile again. She is moody at all times and very shy. In short she’s always having mood swings.

 

I wanted to know the truth so I put up some confidence and just ask her.

 

“Jiyool-ah”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“… You’ve changed… why?”

 

“What do you mean? Yunho-ah even though I changed, it’s still me.”

 

“I know... it’s just you’re different.”

 

“Is it because of the ice cream???” She’s starting to get annoyed.

 

“It’s not just that… it’s about…”

 

“About what???”

 

“Don’t you remember what you used to call me before? You’re promises? The last words you said to me? It’s like it doesn’t matter to you anymore!”

 

“Why do you still care about the past huh??? Aren’t you just satisfied that I’m here now?!”

 

“I care about it. I’ve been strong these past years living up to those promises you’ve said before. I’ve always wanted to see you again.”

 

“And I’m here!!!”

 

“But it feels like you’re not here…”

 

“You know what, I’m getting tired. You ask too much from me. I’ll go.”

 

My heart’s trembling inside. I couldn’t believe I’ve made Jiyool feel burdened. I couldn’t step a foot and chase her, I was mad at myself and just let her off.

 

~~~~~

 

Couple of days passed by, the sit beside me continued to be empty. She wasn’t going to class. Is it because of what happened? Did I hurt her so much? I wanted to go to their house but she never told me where she lived.