Different heart

Behind The Real Yunho

It’s my birthday and Jiyool promised to celebrate it with me. We’ll meet outside after my basketball practice.

 

I rushed to meet her. She wasn’t there. The call didn’t get through. Did something happen? I’m really worried now. I went over to where our class was but I didn’t find her there. Her friends didn’t know where she was.

 

I saw Jaejoong walking in the empty corridor. He called me with his struggling voice; as if though he ran 2 kilometers. What is it?  He instantaneously grabbed my wrist and told me to stay still and come with him.

 

At the rooftop door, he told me to close my eyes. I knew there was a surprise but I’m still worried about Jiyool, I can’t concentrate. I heard the door slowly opening, the people outside kept murmuring to keep silent.

 

“Open it”

 

There she is! Holding a cake with both of her hands.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY Yunho-ah”

 

Every one shouted in chorus. It was a wonderful feeling seeing everybody there especially her. My friends and I decided to celebrate and eat. She handed her present wrapped with pink and red colored papers. I opened it and saw a Spongebob necklace, a very familiar entity.

 

“Spongebob… necklace?”

 

*flashback*

9 years earlier… At the hospital.

 

Jiyool and I lay on our separate uncomfortable hospital bed. Both of us enjoyed watching her favorite cartoon sitcom, Spongebob Squarepants. You really like him huh? She giggled as we watched it blissfully.

 

She nodded. “Who wouldn’t?”

 

“Why?”

“He lives to be a happy sponge who is contented with his snail and unpaid job.”

 

For an 8 year old girl, she really evaluated everything. Her liking Spongebob isn’t just because he’s a yellow character but because he gives inspiration to her. “Oppa I want to be like him. A dumb, gullible, soft creature… but happy.”

 

“Oppa! Look at this.” She proudly flashed her necklace. It’s has a Spongebob pendant in it. “I saw a movie before; the girl will give something important to the guy she really loves.”

 

“Ooh the typical type of drama. Is it this you’re going to give?”

 

“Yes. This will be it. For the one I really love.”

 

*End of flashback*