Lee Taemin

Braces

The next day went by fairly easy for Jinki. He could walk through the halls without getting slammed into a locker and could eat lunch with his boyfriend peacefully at their now proclaimed tree. Jinki was laying on Jonghyun's lap as the younger his hair softly. They were done eating and just enjoying the rest of their free day.

A soft clicking sound was heard and both teens looked up.

"Taemin !" Jonghyun called out.

"Where have you been dongthaeng ?" Jinki asked. The youngest looked down, pulling the camera away from his face. He carefully got down from the tree and sat across from the older boys.

"Annyeonghaseyo." he said softly giving them a bow. Jinki blushed at the courtesy.

"You don't have to bow Taemin-ah. We're in America now." Jinki said waving it off.

"M-mianhaeyo. Sometimes I forget." Taemin said softly as he played with the strap to his camra.

"So...aren't you apart of the Junior Sophomore collision ? Are you having fun ?" Jinki  asked.

"Is anyone troubling you ?" Jonghyung asked.

Taemin went still for a moment before shaking his head at Jonghyun's question and nodding at Jinki's. Taemin seemed like a good quiet kid, reminding Jonghyun of Jinki. He hoped he wasn't getting bullied like Jinki as well.

"Well that's good. If you need any help you can always come to Jonghyun-ah and I." Jinki said with a smile. The youngest nodded  again before standing up.

"I h-have to go." He mumbled and the two older nodded.

They watched him as he walked back to the school, easily squeezing past people as no one really seemed to mind him. Jinki frowned. Taemin sure was a unique kid.

A kiss to his lips dragged him out of his thoughts and he smiled at Jonghyun.

"What's making you  frown beautiful ?" Jonghyun asked.

"Nothing it's just...doesn't Taemin-ah seem a little off ?"

"Maybe off isn't the word for it. He seems more...more."

"Alone."

.

.

.

"Welcome home Taemin." The one and only house keeper greeted the young teen as he stepped into the house. He greeted back with a nodd and tried to quietly walk up the stairs and not be bothered with. But many things never go the youngsters way.

"Taemin is that you ?" a deep voice called a few rooms down and Taemin cursed everything bad.

"Y-yes." he answered.

"Come here."

Now Taemin cursed everything good.

Walking down the hallway slowly, he ended up at the room. The door was open so he walked in.

"F-father ?"

"Come here son. Tell me how was your day ? I hope you weren't any trouble to your teachers again."

"Ani.."

"Good, though I got a call a couple days ago about you causing a ruckus. Care to tell me about that ?"

A couple days ago, as his father put it flashed in his mind. The yelling, the screaming, the laughing. Everything. His hands fiddled with the slide on his camera. No, he'd much rather forget about that day.

He shook his head making his father sigh.

"Look Tae, you know you can talk to me right ? About anything."

Could he ? It's not so easy to talk when no one has ever listened before.

"Well tell me about you friends ? I heard you guys are going to be with the older kids. Did you make any new friends ?" His father asked.

His thoughts went back to two people. He couldn't really say they were friends. More like...acquaintances. Maybe. So Taemin nodded. His fathers face brightened. It was always good to hear that your child made friends. Espically Taemin. Who hasn't had a social life ever.

"That's great Tae ! Are you going to invite them over sometime ?"

Taemin shrugged. His father nodded. The whole conversation being one sided. Before he could say anything else Taemin stood up from the seat he was sitting in.

"I have h-homework." he mumbled and shuffled his way towards the open door.

"Okay...well I'll talk with you at dinner alright ?"

Taemin nodded, but before he left his father's voice stopped him.

"Appa, Taemin. It's always Appa."

Taemin faintly smiled. Because he could never say that.

.

.

.

Home for Taemin was so much better than school. Because at home, he could take all the pictures he wants, eat how he pleases and do his other favorite activity.

But at school, at school he could only take pictures at lunch, eat when it was time and he would never do his favorite activity there.

Home was also so much better for much more obvious reasons, like sleeping, or listening to music or doing nothing.

School, you couldn't sleep which was a horrible rule, can't listen to music unless the teacher allows it which was rarely and doing nothing wasn't even an option.

But home and school shared one thing for Taemin and that was-

"Boo."

Someone whispered in Taemin's ear making him jump, almost tripping.

"What are you so thoughtful about pretty boy ?"

Taemin should really stop cursing all good things.

"K-Kyuhyun."

 

_________________________________________________________________________