Brothers

Braces

Cho Kyuhyun. Taemin's one and only fear. Well, one and only fear that he couldn't control. The older boy was vicious and Taemin wondered why God chose him to be his pray.

"What's up camera boy ? I haven't seen you around lately. You've been getting better at hiding from me." Kyuhyun said as he moved closer.

"But not good enough."

Taemin closed his eyes when he was grabbed by his shirt and tugged down the hall.

You see, Kyuhyun was a bully. A very good bully. He didn't need any goons, he didn't need his fist (though that never stopped him) and he didn't need popularity. He just needed his words.

Cho Kyuhyun was smart. He knew how to talk his way in and out of things. He was a trickster. A player. He knew how to get into your head once he figured you out. The best way and for now it seemed like the only way, was to not let him get to you. To not let him know you per say.

Because once he knows you. He has so much to bully you on. But, Taemin was a different story.

Kyuhyun didn't want to know him. Not anymore at least. At first he did because Taemin seemed like an easy target. It was the way Taemin was quiet. He kept to himself and his camera. So Kyuhyun thought he would be easy to break.

Boy was he wrong.

The first time he bullied him was when he caught Taemin in the locker rooms alone. He slammed him up to the lockers calling him a weirdo and other profanities. He stopped when he noticed the look in Taemin's face. He looked dead. Like he didn't care. He didn't care for the words Kyuhyun was calling him, he didn't care that he was pushed up against a locker. He just didn't care. He didn't react.

Kyuhyun threw a punch to the locker beside his face making Taemin's eyes flicker up to him. Kyuhyun got a weird feeling in his stomach at the look. He let go of Taemin and walked out wondering what just happened. 

It took him a couple more "bully sessions" to realize what the look in Taemin eyes was.

And that's when he knew that it would be hard to break someone who was already broken.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun pushed Taemin into an empty gymnasium before walking in and shutting the door. Taemin quickly got up from his fall of being pushed and ran to the doors that led outside. He was in no mood of getting bullied and he wasn't going to sit there at let Kyuhyun hit him if he didn't want him to.

Before he could reach the door, Kyuhyun grabbed him and flung his small body to the ground. Taemin let out a soundless gasp at the pain.

"Where do you think you're going ?" Kyuhyun asked. He pulled the smaller boys leg to bring him in closer. The strength he used could have dislocated Taemin's leg.

Taemin glared at him.

This ticked Kyuhyun off. He hated the way Taemin looked at him. Like he was scum. Like everything he didn't was irrelevant. Like he was irrelevant.

He threw at punch at the smaller boy making his neck snap at the impact before pinning him against the side of the bleachers.

"Don't look at me like this." he growled.

Taemin was confused for a moment. Look at him like what ? He wasn't doing anything. He never did anything. Kyuhyun tightened his grip again slamming him harder, choking the poor boy. He pulled his fist back and Taemin braced himself for the punch.

"Yo ! What's are you doing ?" A voice called and Kyuhyun let go of Taemin. The latter boy slid to the ground taking in a deep breaths of air.

A boy around their age who was fairly tall dropped the gear in his hands and jogged over to Taemin.

"What the hell man ? Why are you beating on this poor kid ?" The boy asked Kyuhyun as he looked at Taemin.

Kyuhyun scoffed.  "Why do you need to know ?"

"Ever heard the phrase pick on someone your own size ? Leave him alone." the boy said glaring at Kyuhyun.

"Whatever." Kyuhyun said walking away. "Consider yourself lucky pretty boy.".

.

.

.

Once he was gone, the boy bent down next to Taemin.

"Are you alright ?" The boy asked and Taemin nodded but winced at the pain in his cheek.

"Hey look at me." the boy said using his fingers to tilt Taemin's face up. He gasped softly as he realized how pretty Taemin actually was. Pale skin, pink full lips, doe eyes, cute button nose. If he didn't know he was a boy he might have mistaken him for a girl.

Clearing his thoughts, the boy inspected Taemin's cheek. There was a bruise forming and swelling starting to happen.

"Aish. Looks like I have to take you to the nurse." the boy said. He got up and brought a hand out for Taemin to take. Taemin eyed it suspiciously.

"Take it. I don't bite." the boy grinned. How cheeky of him.

Taking the hand offered, Taemin was pulled up and almost slammed into the taller boys body.

"Sorry, you're much lighter than I expected." The taller said sleepishly.

Taemin nodded again, this time much slower and stood up straight. He winced at the pain that shot through his leg and fell back to the ground.

"What hurts ?" The boy asked. Taemin pointed to his leg. Kyuhyun seemed to got him good when he pulled him.

Unexpectedly, Taemin was lifted off the ground. He yelped as he noticed what was going on and clung to the closet thing which was the boys neck. The taller chuckled.

"It's alright, I got you." he whispered softly to Taemin.

Taemin would have told him to put him down but it hurt to move his jaw. So instead, he just let himself be carried out the gym.

They walked down the hall. Only a few kids were roaming around going to their last period. Taemin could hear a few whisper about them as they walked by and he buried his face into the one who was carrying him. This was so embarrassing.

They reached the nurse office and the boy held Taemin because the seats were filled.

"Oh my Taemin. What happened this time ?" The nurse, Ms.Kate asked.

"He can't talk. Someone decided it was okay to punch his jaw in." the boy answered for him.

"Oh you too. I see you enough for injuries." Ms. Kate said.

The boy laughed.

"Why are you carrying him ?" she asked confused as she led them to the back for an empty bed.

"His leg is probably sprained and I didn't want him to hurt himself more so I offered to carry him." The boy answered again.

"Such a gentleman. A good one found you Taemin." the nurse giggled and had the taller place him down on the bed carefully.

After getting his cheek and leg checked, she gave him some ice for the swelling and wrapped his leg up.

"You need to go to the hospital for them to give you a cast. So if it isn't too much trouble-" she turned to the boy. " Would you mind helping him to his car.? School seems to be about over."

"Sure."

Taemin was soon picked up again much to his despise and was walked out of the front entrance doors.

"Could you point to the car that's yours ?" The boy asked.

Taemin searched the lot before finding his father pulling up in his latest car. Pointing to that one, they waited till he came up in the front.

Seeing his son hurt, Mr. Lee got out the car.

"Taemin-ah ! Are you alright ?" he asked in Korean.

Taemin nodded. The swelling was going down some so it didn't hurt as much.

"What happened ?"

"Excuse me sir, but I found your son only after the event so I don't know of much that had happened. But I brought him to the nurse so he could get cared for. He has a sprained ankle and needs to go to the hospital." the taller boy explained.

"Ahh thank you young man. May I ask you your name ?" Mr. Lee asked grateful someone helped his son.

"Minho.Sir. Choi Minho."

"Thank you-"

"Taemin-ah ! My little brother ! What has happened to you ?"

Time seemed to stop as they all turned their heads to the voice. Minho's eyes widen as the familiar figure stopped in front of him.

"Kyuhyun."

.

.

.

Kyuhyun took Taemin out of Minho's arms and held him to his chest.

"Thank you for saving him when I couldn't Minho." Kyuhyun said.

Minho almost threw up at the tone of his voice. He watched as they placed Taemin carefully in the back seat. Kyuhyun hopped in the front and Mr. Lee onced thanked him again before they drove off.

He didn't miss the glint in Kyuhyun's eye before they drove away.

.

.

.