Mama Lee

Braces

 

"Jinki-ah you can come home now~" Jinki's mothers voice rang through his ear from the phone.

"Alright umma we'll be there in 10." Jinki said and hung up. They had already took a shower. Jonghyun of course couldn't resist Jinki's body when wet and pounded into him. Jinki winced at the memory that happened a couple minutes ago. His hurt.

"Jonghyun-ah. Where'd you even get these clothes?" Jinki asked as he put the button up on. Rolling up the sleeves so they were at his elbows. He had on black skinnies to match.

"The maids gave them to me while you were still showering." Jonghyun said from inside his closet. He stepped out in a black button shirt with white skinnies. Over all he looked handsome.

"Ready ?" Jonghyun asked as they got in the car.

"Deh." Jinki said and they pulled off.

True to Jinki's word they got to his house in ten minuets. Jinki took his shoes off and walked in. Jonghyun followed suit.

"Umma !" Jinki yelled.

A young looking women poked her head out from behind a wall. Her face had a smile on it.

"Jinki-ah" she said. Her eyes then met Jonghyun's and her expression brighten. She came out.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Jonghyun imnida." Jonghyun greeted in Korean with a bow. Jinki's mother grinned happily and bowed back.

"Annyeonghaseyo Jonghyun-ssi. I'm Jinki-ah's mother Mrs.Lee. Nice to meet you." she said.

"Just Jonghyun is alright. Nice to meet you to." Jonghyun said.

"Well now that the greetings are done can we eat ?" Jinki asked.

"Sure. This way Jonghyun-ah." Mrs.Lee said and they walked into the dinning room. On the table was many different types of foods. Some Korean some American. They all sat down on the floor and began eating. They talked and laughed some enjoying the great meal. After some silence Mrs.Lee said something that made Jinki and Jonghyun choke on their food.

"So, Jonghyun-ah." she started off casually taking a sip of her drink.

"Deh." Jonghyun said.

"I know you took my sons ity." she said. Jonghyun choked on the rice that he was chewing and Jinki on his meat. They both looked at her with wide us.

"U-Umma." Jinki whined. Embarrassed.

"Shh Jinki-ah. I'm talking. As I was saying. No need to be embarrassed. It's normal for kids your age to do it." she said.

Jonghyun could feel his cheeks heat up. This was going to get really awkward.

"I hope you used protection though. And I hope you didn't break my baby. I saw the way he was limping. You know my baby is fragile. I don't need him broken." she rambled on.

Jinki thought he was going to die. His put his on the table.

"Umma stop." he said. Jonghyun let out a small laugh at Jinki's cuteness. He patted his head.

"Ah right. My reason for bringing that up. I just want to make it clear that you don't break his heart. That he isn't just a toy for you to and you'll just leave him someday broken. " She said with all seriousness.

"I would never ma'am. I already promised myself to Jinki that I would never through him away. I'll make his days the best ones he ever had. And if he chooses to leave me then so be it. But I'm not letting him go without a fight. He is mine." Jonghyun said looking her right in the eye.

Jinki watched them. His face heated at Jonghyun's words and his heart swelled. Though he heard them before he wasn't used to it. He grabbed Jonghyun's hand and smiled at him. Jonghyun smiled back and squeezed his hand. Mrs.Lee watched the interaction.

"Good then. But if you do hurt my son. I won't hesitate to you up. Arraso ?" she said with a sweet smile. Jonghyun gulped and nodded. Jinki's mother was an unusual one. But. He kind of like her. She was better than his own mother. Much better.

.

.

.

They soon finished dinner and Jonghyun said he had to get home. He bowed politely on his way out to Mrs.Lee and gave Jinki a kiss on forehead.

Jinki and his mother waved goodbye as he drove down their street.

They went back inside to clean up. Jinki brought the dishes in the kitchen and helped his mother was them.

"He's very handsome Jinki-ah." his mother said as he wiped a dish.

"Thank you Umma." Jinki said

"He reminds me of your Appa. Handsome. Kind. Strong. Also took my ity to." she said.

Jinki frowned. 'Umma I didn't need to know that.' he thought but said nothing.

They quickly finished up and both took quick separate showers.

Jinki doing some late studying that he didn't get to do hanging out with Jonghyun for the past couple days. Though he didn't mind much. Jonghyun treated him very well for the short time the known each other. He wants to get to know him better. Maybe tomorrow he can ask him some things.

Mrs.Lee came into Jinki's room and saw him asleep with books and papers all around. She sighed at her workaholic son. Cleaning up the mess she gently tucked Jinki in. She sat on his bed quietly. Taking his glasses off his face and putting them on his nightstand.

"Jinki" she said looking at her son. "You picked a good one. A very good one. I can tell. Don't leave him Jinki-ah. Not now. Not anytime soon. He needs you. I can see it in his eyes. He's hurting. You might be fragile but he's sensitive. Take good care of him."

She got up silently and kissed her sons forehead, shutting the door silently.

.

.

.

"Where the hell were you ?" A woman's voice yelled as Jonghyun walked into his house.

"A friends. His mother invited me to dinner." Jonghyun said.

"Is that so. Why didn't you tell me ? You had your father and I worried sick." she said. Jonghyun scoffed quietly. As if they were worried.

"I'm sorry." he apologized.

"Whatever. Go upstairs and go to bed. You have school tomorrow. No son of mine is going to lack knowledge." she dismissed him.

Jonghyun went upstairs quietly. He ran some bath water and waited for it to fill up. He undressed and got in. He sighed as the hot water loosened up his muscles. The silence was getting to him and he started to think.

No son of mine. Funny. He wasn't her son. Not by blood and not even by that god awful marriage. He didn't like that woman. That woman who is trying to steal his mothers spot.

She was rude. She was arrogant. She was tricky. She was mean.

She didn't love Jonghyun and he damn sure knows that she didn't love his father.

But his father loved her. Very much. You could see it. That hurt Jonghyun because it seems to him like his mother meant almost nothing to his father.

To Jonghyun his mother is everything. His mother is light. His mother is joy.

Jonghyun got out the tub and into bed. His thoughts continuing.

His mother is happiness. His mother is love.

His mother was all of that. She was everything.

Before she died.

"Umma." Jonghyun said closing his eyes tightly trying not to let tears slip through.

.

.

.

The next morning Jonghyun woke up very early. Those thoughts from last night made him want to do something. He got up and dressed in very nice clothes. He hopped in his car and drove.

Stopping at a place he began to slowly walk to his destination. He bent down and place a bouquet of forget me nots on a grave.

"Annyeonghaseyo Umma." he said brushing the dust off the tomb stone.

"How have you been lately ? I actually been fine. Much better than the last time we spoke." he said softly.

" I've been doing really well in school. I even aced my math test. You know that's a miracle. I at math." he chuckled. " I've finally got someone Umma. He is very sweet. And naturally cute. His name is Lee Jinki. He has a bright smile and chubby dubu cheeks. A cute little nose and fluffy hair. He's like you Umma. Lovable. I wish you could meet him. He would love you. Everyone loves you." Jonghyun choked out the last sentence. Tears falling from his eyes.

"I'm sorry Umma. I'm crying again. I keep trying not to. But it hurts. Hurts that you're not here. But you're in a better place. Someday I'll be there with you. Appa is doing well. He and the company are getting up their and money is flowing in like crazy. Our house is very big Umma. I wish you could see it. Remember the first time we came to America and we lived in a tiny house. Just you appa and me. I miss those times. Don't you ?" Jonghyun asked.

Silence flowed with the breeze.

Jonghyun's phone vibrated. He looked at it. It was a text from Jinki. Telling him he needs to get to school quickly or he'll be late and that he's waiting for him. Jonghyun smiled sadly.

"It seems like someone cares about me Umma. Are you glad ? I am. I have to go now. But I'll be back. Sooner than last time. Maybe next I'll have much more to tell you. I love you Umma."

Jonghyun got up and  walked to his car. He drove to school with only one happy thought on his mind.

Jinki was waiting for him.

 

___________________________________________________________________