Persistence

Braces


Lunch was silent. Usually lunch was full of small chatter between Jonghyun and Jinki but not it was just silent. And very tense. Mostly because of another presence in their area under the tree. That presence known as Joon.

Jinki bit on his carrot slowly. Not really wanting to make noise but the small snap sound made both boys look at him.

"Okay I'm tired of this." Jonghyun said.
"Why is he here ?"

"Well.." Jinki started because really he didn't know the answer at all.

"I'm here because I can be." Joon said simply, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I think you should file a restraining order bunny. He's starting to get psychopathic tendencies." Jonghyun whispered loudly to Jinki making the older laugh.

"I can hear you, you jerk." Joon said narrowing his eyes at Jonghyun.

"Good." Jonghyun said.

Jinki just watched this all play out nervously. He didn't know if he should be glad they are throwing fist and having a somewhat civil conversation or be nervous because they aren't throwing fist.

"Oh Jjong you have something right here." Jinki said wiping the little bit of sauce of his boyfriends face.

"Thanks babe." Jonghyun said Jinki's finger making the older stick his tongue out in disgust. They both laughed though and went back to eating.

Joon watched all of this happen with longing. Could one day Jinki do the same thing with him? The bell rang signaling lunch was over but the other two didn't move caught up in their own world. Sighing, Joon left quietly. He would have Jinki like that one day. Doesn't matter if it's with Jonghyun in the picture or not.

.
.
.

Jinki was at this locker by himself. He had told Jonghyun that he didn't need to wait for him after school as he had a few things to do for his teachers and it would take some time. Jonghyun just smiled at him and kissed him, telling him to call him when he got home.

Now that all the work was finished, Jinki should call his mom to come pick him up. Turning around, Jinki jumped back in shock as Joon was right there.

"O-oh hi Joon." Jinki said.

"Finally alone I see ?" Joon asked.

"I'm always alone thanks to you." Jinki said but then covered his mouth. He didn't mean to say it like that.

Joon gave him a bitter smile before taking a step back, giving Jinki some space.

"So you didn't tell Jonghyun about my preposition?" Joon asked as they began walking down the hall.

"N-no. How am I supposed to bring that up ? I'm not even thure myself." Jinki said blushing a little.

"You should tell him soon. Because I'm going to be spending so much more time with you." Joon said wrapping his arm around the smaller's shoulders. "Until you're sure about yourself. About us."

"Joon ?" Jinki looked at the boy as he stopped walking. His arm slipped down from Jinki's shoulder to his waist and he pulled him into a hug.

"Let me take you home." Joon said after a moment of silence.

"My mom-"

"It's fine I insist." Joon said and Jinki but his lip and nodded. He quickly texted his mom that he would be home soon. The drive home was awkward though as Jinki didn't know what to say and Joon trying to figure out what not to say.

When they pulled up to Jinki's house the younger quickly hopped out the car. Glad to put some distance between him and his ex-bully ?

"Uh thank you Joon." Jinki said.

"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow okay ?" Joon said and Jinki nodded a bit unsure.

"And please tell Jonghyun soon. Wouldn't want him to surprise him one of these days." Joon said.

"Thurprise him how ?" Jinki asked confused.

"You'll see." And with that Joon pulled off leaving Jinki with a mess of thoughts jumbled in his head. He would have to tell Jonghyun soon but he didn't know how the younger would feel. Probably betrayed or hurt ? But he had no reason to be. Because Jinki would never fall for Joon. Right ?

.
.
.

"Wake up brat." The harsh voice of Kyuhyun made Taemin eyes snap open. Why was the older in his room ? He never came in Taemin's room.

"Father told me to wake you up. Sadly that me stepping foot inside of here." Kyuhyun said looking around Taemin's room. It was nice and neat with pictures here and there. Some scattered along his desk and others blown up and hanging along his wall.

"You got five minuets. If you're not dressed then we are going to have a problem." Kyuhyun said walking out of the room. He stopped by the desk and looked at a picture. It was of Minho in the classroom when he wasn't looking. His silhouette outline perfectly by the son and his model like features seemed enhanced by the simple candid.

Kyuhyun tisked at the picture. That kid didn't know what he had coming to for him.

Taemin rushed as soon as Kyuhyun walked out of his room. He scrambled to get his clothes and brush his teeth and wash his face. With broken leg this wasn't easy. He couldn't do this all in five minuets.

Carefully walking downstairs, Taemin entered the dining room only to be punched right in the stomach.

"You're two minuets and 16 seconds over. And here I thought you were going to make it." Kyuhyun said laughing as he walked to the table. He sat down in front of breakfast and began eating. Taemin looking at him cautiously. He limped over to sit down but Kyuhyun kicked the chair away.

"Who told you, you would eat at this table ?" Kyuhyun asked and Taemin just looked at him.

"Answer me." Kyuhyun said but no worlds flew out of Taemin's mouth. Kyuhyun got up at that and slammed Taemin to the nearest wall.

"God I hate you. I hate you face. The silence you give me. Your stupid camera and those eyes. You're so dead inside it uneases me. What's going to make you scream ?" Kyuhyun said his arm slammed into Taemin's chest making it hard for him to breathe. "Is it that boy ?"

Taemin twitched.

"Ah so it is that boy. You think you're safe with him done you. But he can't keep you safe all the time now can he ? Where is he now when you can barely breathe ?"

Suddenly the door opened making Kyuhyun back off of Taemin.

"Sorry guys forgot my files on the counter." Their father said laughing to himself as he grabbed the papers.
"Make sure you two eat before you leave the house okay ?"

They both nodded as their father left the house once more. Kyuhyun tisked before going back to the table.

"You, don't eat." Kyuhyun said and Taemin frowned. This was going to be a long week. He couldn't help but wonder of Minho kept that four leaf clover on him because soon he would be needing all the luck he could get.

.
.
.