Silence

Braces

 

Something was off. Maybe it was how late Taemin got in or how pale he looked as he limped to his seat. Minho looked at him with worried eyes but couldn't say anything just yet, as the teacher began to talk once more. Ripping out a peace of paper quietly, Minho wrote something down and slid it next to the young teen next to him.

'You okay ?'

He got a quick reply back.

'I'm fine.'

'You don't look fine.'

'When do I ever ?'

Minho bit his lip at that. When was the last time the younger looked okay ?

'Is it that guy ? Your older brother ?' Minho asked.

'Don't mention him.'

'You can tell me if he's bothering you. I could help.'

'It's better if you didn't.'

Minho didn't give a reply after that due to the bell ringing. He put his books in his bag and went to help Taemin but the younger was already gone.

Frowning, Minho went to his next class. He couldn't focus much because his thoughts were on a certain someone. Taemin's older brother was bullying him, that was a fact. But why didn't anyone notice ? Was their parents blind ? Or was his older brother that good at hiding what he does ?

It worries him to think that someone like Taemin would be getting hurt. What did he do to deserve such things. Finally after another hour it was lunch time. Taemin can't avoid him now. He found the familiar black hair sitting by himself on their bench. Sitting next to him, he gave the boy a look.

"Care to talk to me now ?" Minho asked but Taemin just looked at him. Minho sighed.

"You know, it won't hurt to get close to someone. You'd feel a lot better to know that there was someone you could lean on." Minho said looking into the younger's eyes.

Taemin flushed at the intense stare before looking away. He took a bite of his sandwich, trying not to make eye contact.

"Taemin.." Minho said taking the boys chin to force him to look at him. Those wide eyes held his glance before they shifted to something behind him and hardened.

"Oh isn't this lovely." A voice said mockingly. Minho turned to see Kyuhyun casually walking over, hands behind his head.

"Here I am taking a walk and I run into my darling little brother and his boy thing." Kyuhyun snickered.

Minho frowned. "Do you live to annoy people ?"

"Only you two dears." Kyuhyun said, stopping right in front of the two.

"It's better you leave. No one wants you here." Minho said.

"Oh really? Taemin always wants me around. I'm his older brother after all." Kyuhyun said.

"Just because you're family doesn't mean you have to like eachother." Minho said.

"Which is exactly why we don't. You seem like a smart kid. Tell me, what loving brother breaks his younger brothers leg ?" Kyuhyun asked.

"So you admit you did it ?" Minho said.

"I can admit to a lot of things. A lot of things you don't need to know about."

"You're a monster."

"Glad you know. I'll see you at home little bro." Kyuhyun said walking by, giving a quick ruffle to Taemin's hair. The younger flinched and Kyuhyun chuckled.

They both watched as he walked across the felid back into the school. Minho's frown deepened. He shifted his attention back to the quiet boy in front of him. Taemin was staring at his tray. He suddenly didn't feel like eating any more.

"Tae..." Minho called him gently. Large eyes flickered up into equally large one. Before Minho could even open his mouth to say anything else, the bell rang signaling lunch to be an end.

Taemin took that chance to scurry away as fast as he could on crutches. He didn't want to see the truth in Minho's eyes. He didn't need anyone to help him. Kyuhyun wasn't as bad as Minho might think. There are worst people out there. One with the name of Taemin.

.
.

Jinki was worried. The word surprise played through his mind until he fell asleep. When he woke up the next morning he was as equally worried. He could barely eat breakfast without him missing his mouth.

"Jinki honey are you okay ?" His mother asked looking at him worried.

"I'm fine umma." Jinki said. Thankfully the horn coming him outside signaled that Jonghyun was there. Thus, getting him out of interrogation. "I'll see you after school okay ?" Jinki said slipping on his shoes and running out the house.

"Woah there bunny, in a rush ?" Jonghyun asked as he watched his boyfriend slamming into the car door before opening it, only to hit himself on the head.

"N-no."Jinki said rubbing his forehead. Jonghyun laughed at his adorable hug before moving his palm and kissing his forehead.

"All better now. Ka ja." Jonghyun said sweetly, pulling out and making their way to school.

Jinki was silent the whole ride. He was itching to tell Jonghyun about the whole Joon situation but he wasn't sure how. What if this caused more trouble between the two ? But not telling would only make it worse. Jinki frowned. This was too hard to choose between.

"Hey stop thinking so hard, you look like your brain can't handle it." Jonghyun teased making Jinki pout. They pulled up in the student parking lot and Jinki gave his boyfriend a look.

"I'll have you know I've very- ah !" Jinki couldn't even finish as he slipped on the pavement somehow trying to step out the car and landing on his .

"Aigoo my poor baby."Jonghyun said immediately running over to the other side of the car and lifted him up. He dusted the older's pants off and gave his gentle rubs. Jinki squeaked as Jonghyun pulled him closer. "Are you okay hyung ?"

"Ye-yeah." Jinki flushed. "But my kinda stings."

"Want me to kiss it better ?" Jonghyun asked leaning his head down with a smirk as he kissed Jinki's lips.

The older gasped but leaned into the kiss as hands moved up from his to his waist. He let his own hands trail up Jonghyun's tight abs before wrapping around his neck. They broke apart for some air only for Jinki to gasp as he looked at his arm.

"Oh crap I'm bleeding." He said untangling himself him Jonghyun. "It's not that bad though." He said looking at the scratch.

"Well let's go to the nurse so it won't get infected." Jonghyun said taking his boyfriends hand and pulling him towards the school.

Thankfully the nurse was in and she patched Jinki up quickly and carefully. The both thanked her before making their way to their lockers.

"Are you doing anything tonight hyung ?" Jonghyun asked.

"Nope." Jinki said as he pulled out a few books.

"Want to come over then ? It is Friday." Jonghyun asked.

"Thure. I'll ask my mom first just incase I have any plans." Jinki said and Jonghyun have him a kiss on the lips.

"I'll see you in a bit okay ?" Jonghyun said and Jinki nodded.

He got into class earlier that usual today. The teacher greeted him before going back to her typing on her cell phone. Slipping in his seat, Jinki didn't expect to find a envelope on top of his desk. He looked around but saw no one. Opening it, his eyes widen some as he read the material.

'You think you're so safe now that you have Joon on your side. But just wait. You're not always around Jonghyun and Joon. And when we catch you alone, we won't make it pretty.'

Jinki wanted to snort at the somewhat typical movie type bullying that was going on here but he knew it was serious.

Tucking the note into his bag, he waited until the bell rang signaling the start of his. Should he tell Jjong about this as well? Would that be too much along with the Joon situation? He didn't know.

Class was over soon and as Jinki transitioned to his next class, a arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"Hey Jinki."

"Uh hi Joon." Jinki said easing his way out of his shoulder.

"Are you doing anything today ?" Joon asked not minding that the younger moved away from his touch.

"Not that I know of." Jinki answered honestly.

"Well it would be great if um you would hung out with m-me." Joon said a bit shyly. He cheeks going a faint pink.

Jinki smiled a little bit because honestly that was a bit cute.

"I'll think about it okay ? I don't know if my mom made plans." Jinki said.

"Well if she didn't it would really be nice." Joon said and Jinki nodded not knowing what to say. They departed at Jinki's class. The younger not realizing the older had walked him to class until he sat down and remembered that Joon's class was on the other side of the school.

Lunch came and Jinki rushed into the strong embrace of his boyfriend. They broke fell to the ground, thankfully their trays were already set down.

Jinki crawled into the younger's lap and wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's neck. He pulled him into a kiss surprising the younger.

"Hey hyung." Jonghyun said in between kisses. "What's gotten into you ?" He asked. His arms settling around the others waist.

"Well... I have something to tell you. And this seems like a good way to keep you calm when I do." Jinki said pecking Jonghyun's lips gently.

"Is it bad ?" Jonghyun asked curious.

"Depends on how you take it." Jinki said.

"Well ask away." Jonghyun said rubbing his waist reassuringly.

"Well...it's about Joon." Jinki said. The hands on his waist stopped.

"What about him ?"

"I think..he likes me." Jinki said.

"You think ?"

"Well he kinda told me he wanted to court me. And I told him no because I have you and he said he would be willing to share." Jinki explained letting his hands moves up to Jonghyun's neck and rub behind his ears to sooth him. Jonghyun's face went blank for a moment. Share ? Share Jinki ? He could never. He love was too strong for the older boy to share him. Especially if it was someone like Joon.

"Jjongie ?" Jinki's sweet voice pulled him out if his thoughts. He looked up into Jinki's curious brown eyes and sighed as the fingers sent ease throughout his body.

"I want to shout but you're making it pretty hard for me to even think." Jonghyun said and Jinki grinned. Braces on display.

"I'm glad this is working." Jinki said and Jonghyun sighed.

"You're lucky you're so cute hyung. But let's get one thing straight. I would never share you. You're all mine and nothing, not even Joon could take you or even half of you away from me."

Jinki blushed at those words but he felt them vibrate through his skin straight to his heart. He pulled Jonghyun into another kiss at that. A thankful one maybe. Glad the other didn't snap on him and glad they were on the same page. Neither wanted Joon in their relationship or to break them apart. They would have to find someone else for Joon. But who ?

They broke apart to eat. Casually talking now about random things. Jinki texted his mother to see if they were doing anything but he had yet to get a reply. He hoped not. It's been a while since he went over Jonghyun's house. Maybe he would get to meet his parents time. As Jinki took the last bite of his food someone walked over to him. He looked up, half surprised it was Joon.

"Of course it's you." Jonghyun huffed glaring at the older.

Joon completely ignored him and sat down in front of Jinki. Before Jinki could say anything, Joon put his finger to those pink lips.

"I won't be here long, but I just wanted to give you my number just incase." Joon said.

"Oh well I don't know-" Jinki was cut of by the ding of his phone. He slid his finger across the screen opening it. His mother had replied saying there weren't doing anything. She might be going out with a few friends.

"It's settled then." Joon said taking the phone out of the smaller's hands and adding his number. "I'll come pick you up tonight."

And then Joon was gone. Jinki blinked. He didn't even get a word in. His eyes flickered over to Jonghyun who looked as appalled as him.

"Did he just ask you on a date ?" Jonghyun asked.

"I'm not sure." Jinki said truthfully.

"Whatever it was I'm not letting it happen." Jonghyun said stubbornly.

"I think he just wants to hang out." Jinki said.

"And you actually believe that ?" Jonghyun asked.

"No. Well I don't know. But I'm not just going to cut him off. That's rude." Jinki said.

"It's Joon we are talking about. You know the boy who used to bully you. Every day."

"Oh yeah and what about you ?"

"What about me ?" Jonghyun asked confused.

"For someone who knew I got bullied you sure didn't do anything about it." Jinki said. Jonghyun frowned.

"I'm here now aren't I ?" He said.

"Yeah just a couple years late. No mental damage done. You're such a hero." Jinki said.

Jonghyun had bit his tongue at that. Jinki didn't mean that.

"You don't mean that." Jonghyun said trying to look into his boyfriends eyes but the older just glared at the floor. "Hyung.."

Jinki's eyes flickered up at that before he sighed.

"I'll text you when I get home."

And then he was gone. Leaving Jonghyun to think how they're conversation went down hill so quickly. Sighing, the boy through out their lunches and began walking back inside the school. Unlike Jinki, he had another class to attend.

.
.

When Jinki got home, he quickly kicked off his shoes and rushed to his room. Stupid Jonghyun. Stupid Joon. Stupid everything.

Flopping on his bed, Jinki kicked off his pants and cuddled under his blankets. He closed his eyes for a moment only to hear the ding of his phone. Groaning, he reached on the floor and picked up his device before opening it.

'Hey beautiful.'- Joon

Jinki cringe at the greasy text. He stuck his tongue out as he replied.

-Don't ever call me that again-

' I'm sorry do you like magnificent? Wonderful ? Spectacular ? Glorious? Are those better ?'

Jinki laughed at that. Joon was silly. It was kind of weird texting him but it was fine because it made him less upset.

'So when am I picking you up outstanding one ?'

-umm give me three hours I want to take a nap-

'Alright. 5 it is then.'

And so Jinki fell asleep. He woke up to the knocking on his door. His mom opened it and looking at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Honey there's someone downstairs waiting for you." She spoke in gentle korean.

"Mwo ?" Jinki blinked his eyes open. He checked his phone to a series of text.

'Hey it's been three hours.'
'I will wait.'
'It's been 15 mins maybe I should leave.'
'I'll be there soon.'
'It's soon."
'Do you want me to come in ?'
'Too late I already rang the bell.'
'Did you die or something your mom has been calling your name like 5 times.'
'I'll wait ..'

Oh crap. Jinki shot out the bed and ran downstairs. He ran right back up because he didn't have any pants on. After making sure everything was on, he put his glasses on and walked down the stairs into the living room.

"Sorry about that. I was dead to the world." Jinki said grinning sleepishly.

Joon smiled back. "I can tell." He said waking across the room and began to place his hands on Jinki's hips. The boy squeaked as he tried to pull away but Joon just held his steady. After a few seconds he let go.

"Your pants were undone."

"Oh thanks haha.." Jinki flushed and looked away. "Let's get going."

"Kay."

"Umma." He called in korean. "I'll be back before 11 okay ?"

"Ne. I'll probably be leaving by the time you get back. Have fun."

"Ne."

"Ne."

He entered the car and Joon just looked at him.

"What ?" He asked.

"Nothing. You're just cute." Jinki flushed away that and looked away. Joon was indeed silly.

They reached Joon's house a good twenty or so minuets later. Joon's house was nicely sized and homely looking. Jinki entered the house and took his shoes off. He looked around curiously. The living room was flourished a nice mint blue and dark brown wood. The earthly feeling flowed through the dining room which was furnished mint green, blue and brown and a tangerine color.

"Your house is nice." Jinki said politely.

"Thanks."

"Soo.."

"Would you like something to drink ?" Joon asked.

"No I'm okay." Jinki said a bit awkwardly.

"Okay then... How about we go to my room and play games." Joon decided.

"What kind of games ?" Jinki asked innocently. No one had ever asked him to play with them before. Even if they were 17 and playing time was over long ago.

"Whatever you'd like to play." Joon said making his way upstairs. Jinki followed him. He tripped up the second step and flush embarrassed, as Joon helped him up.

They reached the older's room quickly. It was a nice size, filled with a lot of posters and a large TV and games here and there. Joon pulled out two beanbag chairs and they both sat down to play a racing game. Not knowing what to do, Jinki pouted as he lost the first round.

"This game is hard."

"Do you need help ?" Joon asked and Jinki nodded. Soon the other was all in this personal space, telling him which button did what and a few cheats.

"Got it ?" Jinki nodded wordlessly at that and they played again. After a few rounds Jinki got better and finally won.

"Yes !" He cried shooting up only to trip over a game case and fall right into Joon.

"Thorry." Jinki said. Quickly moving off of him.

"It's fine." Joon chuckled. "You're kind of a klutz aren't you ?" Jinki pondered at that. Was he ?

"I don't think tho. Just crazy things happen to me all the time." Jinki answered and Joon nodded.

"Well are you having fun ?" Joon asked

Jinki nodded. " I never did something like this."

"What play this game ?"

"No, go over a friends house."

"Oh ? Why not ?"

"I don't have any friends."

They went silent at that. Joon frowning in a way because he knows. He knows the reason why Jinki is alone all the time. Why he has no one to play with. Why all the other kids laugh at him and make fun of him. Why the only people in his phone (besides him) are his mom, his grandma and Jonghyun. Why at lunch the boy sits away from everyone because he has no one. He's socially awkward and clumsy and weird if you talk to him to much. He jitters and cracks lame jokes and is frantic because people want to hurt him. Joon knows all of this because it's his fault.

He picked on Jinki. He pushed and shoved and hurt him. He ruined his life and reputation. He doesn't even know why the younger would agree to even come to his house but, he's glad.

"I'm sorry." Joon said after a little while and Jinki looked at him with sad eyes.

"I think you're years too late to be apologizing." Jinki said fumbling with his fingers.

"I know. And I'm sorry for that too. I'm sorry for everything. I don't want to hurt you anymore." Joon voice was serious. His eyes also showing a hint of sadness.

Jinki didn't know what to say to that. He just bit his lip and sighed. He didn't want the get hurt anymore either. But apparently some people didn't care.

"It's not that bad you know. Ever since you stopped, I don't have to bring an extra pair of clothes if I ever get a swirly. Or a new pair of shoes incase you want to throw them in the mud. My glasses haven't been broken and my bruises are fading. I don't ache here." Jinki pointed to his chest. "I think someone even glanced at me today. It's not great but I'm fine. I have Jonghyun." Jinki said smiling a bit bitterly at the end. He would apologize to the younger tomorrow. Their argument was stupid and he didn't mean it. He never meant it.

"You shouldn't go have to go through any of that. People shouldn't dislike you when they don't even know you." Joon said.

"It's okay." Jinki said.

"It's not ! You're really strong you know. Some people can't handle things like this. Even with all I put you through, you're still smiling. You really are magnificent."

Jinki flushed hot at those words. Joon was good at sweet talking as Jonghyun. His hands wrapped around Joon's neck as he gave him a hug. Joon's eyes widened before he settled into it. His arms settling around Jinki's waist.

"I'm fine Joon." Jinki said seriously taking a step back but Joon wouldn't let him go. He tried to take another step back but ended up tripping over a controller and they both tumbled to the ground.

"Thorry." Jinki huffed.

"You've need so clumsy lately. It's really adorable." Joon smirked making Jinki flush. "But you need to be careful otherwise you'll get hurt."

"Ne Hyung." Jinki said and Joon cocked his eyebrow.

"What's a Hyung ?" He asked.

"It's um what boys call boys older then them. Like older brother." Jinki explained.

"So you see me as a brother ?" Joon asked kinda frowning.

"No not at all." Jinki answered. "It's also used between really close guys. It's like an endearment. Something respectful." Jinki explained. His eye moving down and now realized their position. Joon's lower body on top of his while the rest hovered above him.

"Hmm." Joon hummed leaning closer but Jinki stopped him.

"Could you get up ?" He asked and Joon blinked.

"Sorry." He shifted away and Jinki sat up. He took out his phone and it was already past ten. Maybe he should go home.

"Do you mind dropping me off ?" Jinki asked.

"Leaving already ?" Joon asked a bit sadly.

"Yeah. I'm tired. It's been a long day." Jinki explained and Joon nodded. The car ride back home was silent besides the music playing. When they finally reached his house, Jinki thanked the other.

"I actually had fun Joon. Maybe we could do this again." Jinki said and Joon smiled for the first time since they left.

"I'd like that." Joon said and Jinki nodded.

"Goodnight." And then Jinki walked up his pathway. He only heard Joon call pull off as he shut his front door.

After taking a shower and getting into bed, Jinki's phone rang.

"Hello ?" He answered not looking at the screen.

"Hyung ?" The sad voice of Jonghyun flowed through his ears.

"Yes ?"

"Could you open your front door ?"

Jinki got up and went downstairs. He opened his door to see Jonghyun standing there looking like a kicked puppy.

"I'm sorry." He said and Jinki sighed. He had been hearing that a lot all day.

"How long were you here ?" Jinki asked.

"Since he dropped you off." Jonghyun said. Silence met that answer.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow ?" Jinki felt a headache coming on. That only made Jonghyun look even sadder.

"Come lay with me." Jinki tugged the younger up to his room. They both fell into his bed. Jonghyun looking like he didn't know what to do until Jinki grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to him. Jonghyun immediately wrapped his arms around the older and sighed.

"Don't leave me for him again. Please." Jonghyun whispered.

"I won't. I'm sorry." Jinki whispered. He was met with silence though, as they both drifted off to sleep.

.
.

Taemin laid in bed a bit paranoid. He felt uneasy ever sense he came home. Kyuhyun walked into his room and never came out as far as Taemin could tell. Which made his uneasy. The older should have bothered him by now.

It was almost midnight and he couldn't go to sleep. He knew something was going to happen and if it didn't happen soon he would go crazy. Maybe this was one of Kyuhyun's plans. To keep him awake. To make him think something was happening but nothing would?

What ever it is, it made Taemin's brain hurt.

Just as his eyes fluttered closed his door clicked open softly. Taemin didn't move as he felt something move closer towards him.

He jumped when something heavy slammed on top of him.

"Wake baby bro." Kyuhyun cooed in his ear. "Let's play a game."

And then Taemin was being picked up out of his bed.