More money in the bank

I still feel for you...

Baek Hee went home around seven in the evening. Teaching T-ara with the new dance steps was fun, and she suddenly had the feeling of wanting to be part of the girl group. Soyeon, Jiyeon, Hyomin, Boram and Kyuri were very considerate and very patient.

"Yoon-seonsaengnim, I wish Mr. Kim Kwang Soo would make you one of us."

"I wish so too, Jiyeon-ah, but I wanted to teach."

"Eh...but it would be so cool to have you here with us."

"It'll be an honor, Hyomin-ah...but I'll reconsider it. If an opportunity will come, I'll accept it."

Baek Hee smiled. How she wished CCM's CEO would consider adding a new member. She'd be so willing to audition and get her self out of her house. She was so tired being scolded all the time. Even now that she was teaching, her eomma still berated her like a highschool student. Somehow, Baek Hee didn't know how to make out of her life always being under her eomma's shadow.

She passed by her eomma's store to find it closed. Maybe Eomma was already at home, Baek Hee thought. She headed for home instead. Opening the gate of the house, Baek Hee noticed that her eomma had a visitor, as she could see the silhouette from the window.

"I'm home," Baek Hee announced.

"Yoon Baak Hee, come here this instant!" her eomma's angry voice called out to her.

"Why does she have to shout?" Baek Hee asked herself as she went to the living room.

"Where have you been? Aish, nevermind, clean the guest room! We are having a boarder today!"

Baek Hee's eyes opened in shock to see the visitor.

"NEO! Eomma, why is he here????"

"Why are you complaining? Aren't you glad that we have additional source of income? How could you not be grateful to Jin Gook-ah? And I believe you two were classmates in highschool!"

"Aish, jinjja! Eomma, are you not satisfied with my salary and your store?"

"AIGOO, BAEK HEE-YA! YOUR SALARY AND MY SALARY ARE NOT ENOUGH TO COVER EXPENSES HERE AT HOME!"

"CAN YOU NOT BE CONTENTED WITH WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE?"

Jin Gook, meanwhile, cringed his face. He didn't realize he was indirectly creating a commotion inside Mrs Yoon's house.

"Mianhamnida. I guess I'll have to look for another place to stay then."

"Aigoo aigoo aigoo! Andwe! You can stay here! I'll have your room prepared," Eomma said. And going to her daughter, she spanked Baek Hee's , saying, "Go prepare his room now!"

"Shireo!"

"HOW COULD YOU BE SO HARDHEADED?" Mrs Yoon said as she spanked Baek Hee's arms till they turned red.

Jin Gook, seeing that Baek Hee had been hurt enough by her eomma, went up to her and shielded Baek Hee with his body.

"Eommonie, stop, please..."

BAek Hee was surprised that Jin Gook's arms were embraced around her. Frustrated, she pushed Jin Gook away from her, giving him a death glare and looked at her eomma in anger.

"Fine, I'll go clean up his room," Baek Hee said as she went upstairs, stomping her feet.

Mrs Yoon smiled and bowed to Jin Gook.

"Joeseonghamnida. Baek Hee could really be hardheaded. She doesn't know where to place that brain of hers. Sometimes, I felt she was born retarded."

"I don't think so, eommonie. Baek Hee-ya is a hardworker. She's trying her best to be good in what she's doing. I believe she did that to please you. Please give her a chance."

"I've given her many chances, Jin Gook-ah, but it seems like she's not worth an investment."

"Please don't say that. I don't want her to resent you. You should at least appreciate every little thing that Baek Hee had done for you."

Mrs Yoon stopped short and blinked her eyes. "Neo...do you like my daughter?"

"A..ani," Jin Gook said, suddenly finding himself blushing. "I'm just saying it because I also had been in that same situation she has been."

"Excuse me, but you are just my boarder, and you have no right to dictate to me what's on your mind, arrasseo?"

Jin Gook realized his mistake and bowed as he apologized.

***

Jin Gook sat on his bed. He knew that Baek Hee occupied the room next to him. He stood up again as he placed his ears on the wall, listening to any sort of activity going on in Baek Hee's room. Though it was already eight in the evening, BAek Hee's room was unusually noisy. Jin Gook could hear CN Blue's In My Head being played, and he thought he heard Baek Hee singing. Sighing, Jin Gook decided to sleep instead. He remembered that he have a class tomorrow early in the morning and that Yang Jin Man had assigned him to discuss about the different articles in the English language.