Things change within a year

I still feel for you...

Baek Hee looked at her class record. She even took a peek of her new class. Somehow, she knew that Hye Sung would be one of her students. Yet, she wasn't seeing Hye Mi's sister anywhere.

She went inside the classroom. Her students were starting to make their impressions on her by dancing their hearts out. But Baek Hee took out a jar full of thumbtacks and took out her timer.

"You wouldn't want to dance with all these on the floor, would you? Within 5 minutes, I want you to pick all of them up. There are about 200 thumbtacks that I spilt on the floor. Take off your shoes too. Timer starts now."

The students groaned as they took off their shoes and began to pick up the thumbtacks. But as they picked them up, they didn't make any more noise. Instead, the students complied to what Baek Hee had asked them to do. In three minutes, the class of fifteen were able to collect all of them and placed the tacks inside the jar.

"Well done. By the way, I bet some of you didn't know me as I was on a leave last year. I'm Yoon Baek Hee, and I'm going to be your dance teacher."

"Annyeong hasaeyo, Yoon-Seonsaengnim."

And looking around the class to confirm her suspicion, she asked a student.

"Haksaeng, have you seen Go Hye Sung?"

"Maam, she transferred to Seoul School of Arts this year as per her father's orders," Hye Sung's former classmate said.

"Ah, geurae? Geureum, let's start class."

***

"Yoon-Seonsaengnim, there's a call for you," Gong Min Chul-seonsaengnim called out to Baek Hee as he handed her the phone.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Eonnie, annyeong, this is Lee Ji Kyung."

"Ne, Ji Kyung-ah, what can I do for you?" Baek Hee asked her cousin.

"Well, I would just like you to know that Oz Entertainment called me. I would be part of a three-girl group named Hershe. The President said I'll be made as the face of the group. Can you believe it eonnie? I'm finally going to be a singer!"

BAek Hee smiled. She knew that her cousin Ji Kyung had joined numerous auditions and numerous calls to act in some TV series or some parts of a movie, yet the directors always turn her down because she cannot act well.

"Chukahae, Ji Kyung-ah. ANd I hope that when you debut, you'll not just be made as the group's face. I hope you also have talent to boot."

"Don't worry eonnie. I know I can dance. If my other co-members cannot dance, then I'll be the group's dancer too! I so can't wait!"

"Well, good luck. And mianhe, I still have so many things to do, I gotta go. Annyeong."

Ms Maeng, who was listening nearby, went up to BAek Hee.

"Ehhh..so you have someone from your family who's going to be a star too? Is she going to enroll here?"

"Molla. My cousin just told me Oz Entertainment had called her to join their company. She'd be placed in some girl group and the group's going to debut soon."

"Oh Wow! That's good! But..the entertainment industries already been flooded by girl and boy groups. I wonder which of these will last."

Baek Hee sighed. She had also wanted to try auditioning for T-ara, yet she decided being a teacher is a more stable job than being an entertainer.