Rewinding and fast forwarding

I First Met Him in a Tree

 

~~~~~~rewinding to when key ran away from taemin in taemin and minji’s date~~~~~~~

 

Key’s p.o.v

 

I dashed out of the theater as fast as I could. When I finally stopped running, I found myself in a park. My head begins to relax when I take a seat on the bench. Now it is time to think. What was I going to tell Taemin the next time I meet him? It would surely break his fragile heart if I told the truth.

 

Maybe I should just ignore the subject whenever Taemin brings it up. That way, he’ll forget the little incident earlier faster. With that problem solved, I went home content with my good thinking.

 

~~~~~~fast-forwarding to when key meets taemin again to just hang out~~~~~~

 

“So Key, before you ran away from me, can you tell me why you were spying on my date?” Taemin asks, eyes still locked on the screen

 

We where playing this gun game Taemin suddenly bought. It was weird to know he was interested in these kinds of video games.

 

“Taemin! Stop throwing random grenades and shooting at useless things! It’s completely pointless when you do that!” I complained to him. We were on this multiplayer server, online. The unusual thing is, it is my first time playing this and I am already third on the ranking list for this match. Taemin was second to last.

 

“Key, don’t ignore my question.” Using his advantage of being first player, Taemin ends the game and shuts down the system.

 

“Why’d you shut down the game thing?” I ask. He gives me a sad pout.

This time, I won’t fall for it.

“Hyung, please answer me.” He crosses his arms.

I consider it for a second before denying his request.

 

Taemin sulks in the cutest way. I reach to him so I can give him an “I-am-sorry-I-will-tell-you-everything” hug; but I hold myself back. This was for his own good.

 

“Key, if you don’t tell me now, I am calling Noona.” He declares. I don’t know how bringing Minji into this mess could worsen my situation any more. So I let him.

He huffs triumphantly, dialing her number into his cell phone.

After only a few seconds, he somehow got her to come over.

 

Minji would immediately deny any favor I would ask of her. So why’d she agree to Taemin’s? I feel a pang of emotion hit my heart. How unusual.

 

When she comes, she puts out one of her phony smiles. Minji wasn’t bad at acting, but I could easily identify when she is and isn’t being real. “So Taemin, why’d you call me over?” I snicker at her polite voice. Taemin mopes and hugs at her arm like a koala bear. “Hyung is being mean to me and won’t tell me why he spied on our date.” He says really fast.

 

I give a pleading stare to Minji so she knows I was in really deep . A smirk formed on her lips.  This was not good.

 

Minji’s p.o.v

 

“I think Key likes me so he watched our date out of jealousy.” I said to Taemin.

 

Key’s mouth drops, and before he can deny anything, Taemin shuts him up.

 

“Hyung, Minji is my girlfriend!” He squeaks.

 

Key looks like he was about to fall apart.

Oh the sweet taste of revenge.

This is what he gets for messing with me more than a couple of times.

 

“Taemin let me explain…” Key manages to say.

 

“Hyung, what else do you have to say? Noona would never lie to me, so I don’t know how you can clear this up.” Taemin replys.

 

So Taemin’s last sentence did hurt me a little. Whatever, I was going to break-up with him right after this. Wow, I am a really mean person.

Key’s aura dramatically changes. He gives a mischievous grin.

 

Key better not ing ruin my revenge time or else I’ll be a very pissed Minji.

 

“Are you sure your Noona would never lie to you Taemin?” He says.

 

.

 

“What do you mean Hyung?” Taemin raises his eyebrows.

 

“Minji has never once said she loved you, and sooner or later she will break-up with you.” Key says.

 

.

 

“Hyung, Noona told me we would have more dates later on. And of course she loves me, which is why she asked me out. Right Noona?” Taemin looks at me with happy eyes.

I cleared my throat.

 

“Right,” I cough out.

 

He hugs my arm tighter. ing guilt is all over me now. Key just smiles at us.

“Taemin, I promise you I will never like this weirdo,” Key points to me. “Can you please forgive me? I only spied on your date to make sure no interruptions would ruin it.” He cleverly makes up. Key was a fairly good actor.

 

Taemin thinks a little, and then he slowly nods. “Now, give your favorite hyung an I-forgive-you hug,” Key states. The kid runs to his elder and squeezes him. Key laughs, ruffling his hair. “I never like arguing with you Hyung.” Taemin says. They hug for a while.

 

What a scene.

 

My feet quietly back away. I was almost by the door, when Taemin notices me leaving. Damn it, I was so close. “Noona, where are you going? How about you stay for lunch?” He asks. Because of my guilty soul, I respond to him with “Sure.” In the corner of my eye, I see Key clenching his chest. And he called me a weirdo.

 

~~~~~~~~~fast fowarding a few minutes~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Okay, so apparently Taemin has no idea how to cook. He can only cut fruit really badly. So Key offered to be the one making lunch. Taemin complained about how it was his house, and that he wanted to impress me. I really couldn’t stand them bickering about who was going to make lunch. As they were arguing, I put on an apron, re-tied my hair even higher, and then began cutting the vegetables.

 

I finished chopping the meat, so I fired up the stove. The flames flickered, and then steadily started to heat up the pan. I slathered a little margarine on the pan, and then I put the vegetables. After that cooked, I dropped in the meat, and then the rice. While I stirred the mixture, my other hand added seasoning to the mix. When everything was done, I twisted a knob, which turned off the fire.

 

It was quiet. I turned my head and found Key and Taemin staring at me. I grabbed the plates, and then put my stir-fry on the dishes. I placed the three saucers on the table, where I sat down with the other two. Taemin got up, and snatched some spoons.

 

“I made the lunch.” I said.

 

“It smells nice…” Key simply replied.

 

“It looks very yummy Noona!” Taemin told me, beginning to shove the mixed rice in his mouth. I tasted my food, and then Key started eating too.

 

We all had clean plates in the end.

“You cook really well. That was one of the best lunches I’ve ever eaten…” Key said to me. That was the first compliment he has ever given me.

My heart thumped a bit.

What the heck; why did my heart react to his words?

 

this .

 

I gathered the plates, and put them in the sink. “Well I’ve really got to go. Thanks for having me for lunch.” I said. Then I walked away. “Noona! Let me walk you home!” Taemin quickly suggested. “It is really alright Taemin…” He grabbed my arm. “I insist.” He alleged. I hesitated before I said yes.

 

It was time to break-up with him.

 

Taemin’s p.o.v

 

I lead Noona outside. Key can handle my house while I am out with her.

 

We walk as if we were on a stroll in the park. But with no calming breezes that would brush past us.

 

It was very humid today. I believe it was going to rain very soon.

 

“Noona, we should speed up. I think I heard a storm might come today.” I tell her.

 

She agrees, and we walk faster to her house.

 

I feel a drop of water hit my head.

 

I lift my head up, and find a few more drops hit my face. The sky slowly turns into a dark gray.

 

This was not good.

 

“Let’s run Taemin!” Minji tells me, taking my hand then sprinting.

 

The water droplets accumulate. The water pounding the concrete; puddles beginning to form; a storm was definitely coming.

 

We ran very very fast, trying to avoid the puddles. Soon, we reach Noona’s house. I see her light shirt and peach-colored shorts drenched. Her underwear was visible.

 

I blush furiously, and then cover my eyes with my hands.

 

I cannot embarrass Noona.

 

“What are you doing Taemin? Get in my house before the rain gets heavier!”

 

I feel a pull drag me inside a warm living room. I take my hands off my eyes. She looks at me and pouts.

 

“You’ll get a cold with your clothes all wet!” Minji declares. She gently shoves me in to the bathroom, then hands me a T-shirt and some pants.

 

“Hopefully these fit you. Now take a hot shower and change.” She shuts the bathroom door, and I lock it.

 

Noona cares for me.

 

I touch my cheeks, and they were still warm and flushed.

 

Minji’s p.o.v

 

Damn my personality. I bet now Taemin thinks I really care for him. Then he will think I really love him. Then it will be harder for me to break-up with him.

 

I sigh, and then press my hand against my forehead. What was I going to do about him?

I touch my face again.

It was wet.

I look at myself.

 

I was completely soaked in water.

He saw my under-garments.

How embarrassing.

 

It doesn’t matter, he will forget this soon.

 

I press my ear against the bathroom door. I hear the shower start up. Good. He listened to me.

 

Lucky for me, our house had two bathrooms. I took some clothes from my room and went to take a shower.

 

I entered the separate restroom, carefully prying off my wet garments. Then I turned some knobs to activate the shower. It sprayed out warm water, just the temperature I needed. I went in the tub, and closed my eyes.

 

The soothing droplets rolled down my face. I really love the sensation a shower can give. The steam can be very relaxing too. My mind was on auto-pilot. My body would move accordingly, shampooing my hair, scrubbing myself. But in my head, everything was fuzzy and calm.

 

I love taking showers; they can cool me down after a stressful day.

 

When I finished, my brain snapped back to reality. My hand reached for a towel, drying my damp skin. Then I changed into my other clothes; a tank top and baggy sweat pants.

 

I stepped out of the warmed bathroom, feeling a nice refreshing wind  touch my face.

 

I still had the towel in my hands, drying my hair. So as I was walking, I was too distracted too notice something. It took me like five whole ing minutes to realize there was a half- man on my couch, drying his hair too.

 

“Who are you? You better get out of my house before I call the cops.” I warned the stranger.

 

He smiled, chuckling attractively. This person had a very shapely body…

 

What the hell is happening?

 

When I slap myself back to the real world, and out of my fantasies, I find myself on top of the handsome guy. His face was a really deep red.

 

“Noona…this is too soon, but I am ready to give myself to you whenever you want…” He says, turning even redder.

 

What the ing ity .

 

I was going to Taemin?

This was a damn boy before my eyes.

 

I got off him, composing myself.

 

“Taemin, why are you shirtless?” I ask him.

 

He blushes. “Well your clothes didn’t fit me, only the loose pants did.”

 

How did he know I gave him my clothes? Has this person already remembered my scent?

 

I sigh, getting a bigger shirt for him to wear. He accepts it, dropping the towel in his hands to hurriedly put on the top. His shyness was really something.

 

We both glance at the window once everything had settled. The storm didn’t look like it was going to stop anytime now. It was getting pretty dark too. How was Taemin going to get home?

 

Taemin’s p.o.v

 

I took out my phone, and texted my parents, telling them I was at a friend’s house.

 

They would worry if I didn’t text them.

 

“Noona, I don’t think I’ll be able to go home because of the storm.” I tell her.

 

She restlessly crumpled her eyebrows. “So what should we do Taemin-ah?” She questions me.

 

“Let me stay here for the night.”

 

--

A/N: I would appreciate comments on this chapter :D I shall update soon~