What's happening?

I First Met Him in a Tree

 

 

After the date, I and Key haven’t spoken since; or more like he hasn’t responded to me when I attempted conversation to him. It was as if he was really thinking deeply about what I said about not knowing what I was doing with my life.

 

So the past few days have been completely un-interesting. I’m just kind of working my off. Maybe it’s about time I visit someone else besides Key to entertain this partial gap in my existence.

 

I’m really not in the mood to see the others right now, but perhaps I could hang with Taemin. Sometimes the boy reminds me of Kibum.

 

Not really thinking about my decision, my feet strolled over to the maknae’s house. It was very dark outside; hopefully it wasn’t too inconvenient for him.

When I got there, I found the gloomy kid with his chin resting on his fists. He was sitting on the first few footsteps of his home.

 

“Heeey~” I called out to Taemin. He jumped, immediately standing straight, and then turning his head to my side.

 

 “Oh! Minji what are you doing here?” His voice had a hint of frustration in it.

 

“I was bored and I thought I could hang with you,” I told him.

 

“Sorry, but now really isn’t the time. You see I’m having a little problem at the moment-”

 

“TAEMINNIEE~ COME BACK HERE SO I CAN YOUUU~” A tone yelled from inside his abode.

 

Taemin buried his face into his hands, clearly very embarrassed.

 

“What’s going on?” I ask him.

 

“For some unknown reason, Onew-hyung has come over to my house utterly drunk. Usually he can handle his alcoholic consumption, being he is the eldest. But something odd has overwhelmed him to act like that,” He pointed to the open door.

 

My eyes curiously looked at the constantly tripping and funny acting Onew in the doorway. I restrained my chuckles, and stared at Taemin sternly.

“Now, Onew could seriously get hurt if not cared for properly. Do you know anybody that could help him?”

 

My donsaeng rubbed the back of his neck hesitantly. “Key knows how to deal with this.”

 

Damn. It just had to be pineapple head.

 

“Call him over then!” I worriedly advise the struggling guy.

 

“Can’t you just care for Onew? Please, I’m already stressed out by him wrecking my house as it is… calling in Key would just-”

 

“Fine, but if anything wrong happens, call him,” I interrupted.

 

Taemin nodded his head and gave me a faint smile. I sighed, and entered the house.

 

Onew’s p.o.v

 

Being drunk + having depression = A hopeless and crazy state of mind.

 

I stumbled upon the air, and giggled to myself.

 

Why was I acting like this?

 

I feel…light-headed, I can’t think straight…

 

Is it because of Minji?

 

Am I sad because Taemin told me how she was always hanging with Key?

 

And I was jealous?

 

My feet fell on one another, and my body collapsed to the floor.

 

“Oppa!” A voice shouted.

 

I turned my head to see Minji to my side.

It was her fault I was like this.

 

My mind was dizzy…I ogled at her with a straight and completely serious face.

 

“You’re not Taemin, how am I going to you?” I mindlessly asked, not caring about her reaction.

 

Who was I talking to again?

 

“You’ll be alright…” The feminine voice told me. A small figure struggled to haul me up with the help of another to my other side.

 

“I know how to walk, jeez.” I pulled myself out of the two shape’s arms, and I dropped myself on to the couch. My hand reached for the fuzzy bottle of Soju on the coffee table in front of me.

 

“Aigoo Oppa!” A hand slapped my fingers away from the glass containing my sweet comfort drink.

 

“Don’t stop me! Who are you to act like that?” I got up, and inched closer to the person who prevented me to get more alcohol in my system. 

 

“Get a hold of yourself! Be aware of what harm your doing to your body!” It worriedly screamed at me. I took my hands and gripped the figure’s shoulders.

 

I leaned in close to the other’s face. It was blurry so I squinted my eyes and focused.

 

The face was familiar, and she was very pretty. What was her name again?

 

I’ll try asking for her name. “I love you,” I spluttered out.

 

Wait, what did I just say?

 

My mouth was speaking on its own.

“I love you and I was jealous of you and I need you.” I blabbered, unsure of what I was really saying.

 

I put my arms down to embrace her waist. Then I rested my chin on her shoulder. Just the radiation of her skin against my cheek let me know she was blushing.

 

“I love you Minji.”

 

Minji? I was talking to Minji?

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, why was I spouting out all of this?

My embrace got tighter as I got more puzzled by the situation. My conscious won’t listen to me, I keep acting without thinking.

 

“TAEMIN G-GO GET KEY.” Minji yelled.

 

Over her shoulder, I saw a flustered young boy rush over to a telephone.

 

Eh? I thought I was hugging Taemin here.

 

Perplexed, I pulled away and gazed at the bright red face before my eyes.

 

“Don’t hate me, I’m sorry!” I startled myself as I shouted at her.

 

She widened her eyes, and then smiled. “Just calm down, take a deep breath, and relax.” Her voice reassured my tensed nerves. I obediently inhaled and exhaled at her request.

 

The anxiety inside me somewhat loosened, and I grinned satisfyingly.

 

“Thank you.” I formally bowed 90 degrees.

 

“I-I just helped you lighten up a bit, it’s no problem.” Her face became pink.

 

Minji is just too cute.

 

My fingers pinched her cheeks. “Aigoo you’re so adorable!” I squealed, like an obsessed umma over her pretty daughter.

 

“Don’t be silly hyung,” She shyly held my hands and took them away from her warm skin.

 

I smirked and hiccupped at her response to my action.

 

My eyes glanced at the open door way, and I saw someone walk in. He was recognizable from his sharp eyes, curved lips, and well formed jaw, but his hair took me off guard.

 

Was that who I thought it was?

 

A full blow of envy came over me. I averted my stare back to Minji. My head leaned my face closer to hers to make sure it wasn’t Taemin.

 

Then I shut my eyes.

 

Minji’s p.o.v

 

Honey and milk.

 

I expected his lips to taste like salty chicken, but it was the exact opposite. Not a hint of Soju was flavored on him too.

 

My mind was partially blank, and I involuntarily went along with him moving his mouth at a gentle pace.

 

A trigger pulled inside me, and I wrapped my arms above his shoulders. My heart softened, about to melt from his lips touching mine so tenderly. I felt one of his hand lace itself in my hair, and I flinched.

 

After a couple of breathtaking seconds, a pull pushed me away from Onew’s kiss.

 

“What are you doing?!?!?!”

 

Key’s p.o.v

 

“Y-you had no right to interrupt us.” Minji managed to say, still partially in dream land from that Tofu’s kiss.

 

She turned around to glare at me and instead she gaped. I didn’t care what she was thinking, I was just really mad she accepted Onew’s lips.

 

“What? Go ahead, tell me your feedback on my new hairstyle, I’d love to know later. First I need to teach you on how to properly accept a drunkard’s mouth.”

 

Ignoring my foretelling, she chuckled. “You died it brown and cut it shorter…” She gazed at me oddly, and I snapped her out of it by beginning to lecture.

 

“I know he’s your crush but it’s not alright for you to take him like that! You’ll just be upset later that he couldn’t remember a thing that he did to you. Drunken people aren’t something to be dealt with like that. Sometime their emotions can cause some havoc and un-pleasant situat-”

 

“Key, shut up and stop talking.” She rudely interrupted. I felt my heart gain a pang of hurt and I huffed irately at her harsh words.

 

Me, Minji, and Onew both shattered out of our strange mood when we saw Taemin whimper in a corner.

 

The first to run to him was me, being I was his “umma.”

I crouched next to him and patted his back.

“What’s wrong?”

 

He sniffled and tried replying. “N-n-n-noona…” His stutters bemused me a little.

 

“Yes, what about her?”

 

“M-m-my h-heart…O-onew…k-key h-hyung…” He choked out, tears in between his repetitive words.

 

“I don’t understand.” It annoyed me to know I couldn’t perceive what Taemin was speaking about.

 

“Oh my freaking goodness Key, the boy is heartbroken!” Onew stumbled over to us, and thumped Taemin’s head lightly.

“Don’t worry Taeminnie,” the drunken leader told him.

 

“H-hyung, p-pointing out the p-problem never h-helps,” my poor dongsaeng said.

 

“Guys, get out of the way, you don’t understand what he’s going through. I bet you didn’t even know what he was trying to explain, just move.”

 

Minji’s p.o.v

 

Men could be such jerks at the wrong times.

 

I pushed the two silly heads out of the way. My legs bent down, and I seated myself next to the crying Taemin.

 

Remembering the guilt I deserved for doing this to such a nice young individual made my brain frustrated.

 

I went out with the kid for the sake of a bet. “I’m sorry.”

 

I pretended to love him. “I’m sorry.”

 

I lied to him about my true, mean and selfish personality. “I’m sorry.”

 

I made myself pretty, even though I wasn’t, and he fell for the trick. “I’m sorry.”

 

I acted out a whole different person so he would “fall for me.” “I’m sorry.”

 

I didn’t tell him I loved Onew and I never had feelings for him. “I’m sorry.”

 

I’ve given him pain, exhaustion, stress, worry, and tears.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

My apologies make him snivel more.

 

I draped my arms around his disclosed frame, and my eyes get watery.

 

Why was I such a horrible person?

 

“Shhh….shhhhh...” I whisper a quieting sound in his ear.

Taemin’s sobs started becoming more muffled, at last.

His nose and cheeks are crimson colored. I restrain embracing him tighter to console the guy.

 

Getting his hopes up will just make everything more difficult than it already is.

 

He calms down, and I let him rest his head on my lap. After a minute, the boy falls asleep tiredly.

 

Onew doesn’t say anything, and he reaches down to Taemin.

“Oh no, I’m not letting you carry my taebaby when you’ve drinked so much!” Key shoves Jinki lightly out of the way. The elder nodded, understanding him.

 

Kibum lifted Taemin off my legs, and carried him to his room bridal-style.

 

The diva comes back and gives us an announcement. “Our maknae is asleep.”

 

I glance up and Key walks over to me, offering a hand to help me get up.

 

Taking his hand, I see Onew pout in the corner of my eye.

 

“Well I’ll be going now; I think I can handle myself.” The dubu walks out and leaves me and Key in Taemin’s house.

 

“I can’t believe we haven’t been robbed or anything, the door has been wide open the whole time,” I comment, trying to lighten up the mood.

 

He faintly grins to my side, and my heartbeat fluttered a bit.

 

Just a small bit, it fluttered; I made sure it was nothing else.

 

“I’ll watch Taemin until his parents are home. You can go; I’ll lock the door from the inside.” Kibum says.

 

“Okay then.” I strolled out onto the pavement. After a few footsteps, I glance back at the entrance of the home.

 

Key is standing there, looking at me walk away. He waves and smiles.

 

My heart felt like it was about to burst. 

 

--

A/N: Like the last chapter, the ending is supposed to be all serious again~ Basically Minji's heart was beating so fast it felt like it was about to burst. Sorry for so many p.o.v switches in the chapter, and about any other confusions I might've given you. Also sorry I don't know how to write from a drunk person's p.o.v. I've just been really sad this story has got so little subbers and one of them un-subscribed yesterday ;A; 

should I even continue this story? this fanfic is my most favorite to write for, yet it has the least amount of subs ; u ;

*cough* feel free to advertise this fanfic if you want *cough* *cough*

*ahem* sorry I just had to clear my throat there.