Confession

I First Met Him in a Tree

 

When I got Key’s number from Onew, I told Key that I’d accept his condition. He said I had to confess to the person I liked today.

TODAY

It was way too soon for me, but Key didn’t take my excuses. Damn it.

So now I was in front of Onew’s house.

Just for today, I dressed very special. My make-up really brought out the pretty features on my face. My hair was styled in a wavy manner, and it wasn’t tied up. Somehow, I managed to find some old pair of contacts in my drawer. (I used to where them, but I preferred glasses.) I wore a fluffy beige pants and a white lace top. My shoes where just a regular pair of brown flats.

Wasn’t I fancy right now?

My heart couldn’t stop beating. I rang the doorbell.

A figure opened the door, smiling. “Hey, what’s up? Oh, you’re dressed nicely today,” Onew said to me.

“Can we talk Oppa?” I asked him, flustered. At last, after many years, I have called him “Oppa.”

Onew creased his eyebrows for a second. “I would love to Minnie bu-”

“Hyung! You’re taking the loooooooooooongest time ever! Get back here, Key and I are waiting for you to take you’re turn already,” Taemin yelled from inside.

What the heck were Key and Taemin doing here?

“-but I’m playing a board game with my friends. They would pester me if I took a break from it to talk to you,” Onew finished. He must’ve sawn the sad look on my face. “Would you like to join us?” Onew requested. I was about to reject the offer when a blond boy popped out of nowhere.

“She would love to,” Key said, tugging me, forcing my body inside. Really, this guy was so easy to dislike. “Taeminnie~ Minji is going to play with us~” Key sweetly said to Taemin. He was rolling the dice.

“Yay! The more the merrie-” Taemin stopped talking when he looked up at my face.

This kid wasn’t as dense as I assumed.

“Noona…you are really really pretty today…” Taemin’s voice lacked enthusiasm.

I was freaking scared. He might’ve found out about my cross dressing thing. No way was I going to let two people know about my secret.

So I pulled myself out of Key’s hand, and I grabbed Onew’s.

“Let’s go talk.”

I started running, and he followed me.

We ended up at a little pathway lined with green trees. My heart was rapidly speeding up.

 

“O-Onew…”

 

“Yes Minnie?” He looked at me, a bit confused.

 

“Do you love me?” Crap, wrong choice of words.

 

He took a second to think. “Of course, you are one of my best frien-”

 

“You know I meant the real sort of love,” I said, a bit angry.

 

Onew blushed, and held both my hands. “Now, what are you implying here?” He asked with a serious face, but a joking tone.

 

Damn my impatience.

 

“I love you.”

 

Onew’s p.o.v

 

“I love you,” Minji repeated.

 

She struggled when I held her frail hands tighter. I looked at her straight in the face.

 

“Are you sure?” My voice faltered.

 

My heart might of just exploded right there when I saw her face about to tear up. Minji was so beautiful, so caring, kind. I wasn’t the person that should look for her. I’m not good enough.

 

I loved her too.

 

But this was not the right time for me to confess.

 

I was waiting to give her a grand surprise party on her birthday, afterwards asking her out.

 

“I truly love you too, but I can’t go out with you.” Her face looked at mine.

 

She had a cheerful smile on, which I didn’t expect.

 

“I am really happy Oppa.” Minji put a little kiss on my cheek, and then scurried away.

 

Why did she sound so sad if she said she was happy?

 

Minji’s p.o.v

 

My heart just ached and ached and ached. When I left Onew, tears just began dribbling down my face.

 

He loved me.

 

But I couldn’t date him.

 

And I’ve been giving him a false image of who I really was all this time.

 

life.

 

I had walked to the park where I had awoken in a tree. I tried to climb the same tree. “You really did confess,” Key said from behind me.

 

I turned around, and found him directly in front of me.

My cries just kept going, my hands trying to wipe them away. I looked so weak and venerable, by whole body trembling.

“Don’t cry, please.” He whispered in my ear, with a guilty tone.

“This wasn’t as fun as you’d thought it be, huh?” I tried giving him one of my best smiles.

“Not that fake attitude and personality again,” He plainly shot back at me.

 

When did he notice?

 

He cradled me in his arms, an aroma of coffee lingering in his clothes.  

 

Key mumbled a sentence in my ear.

 

“It’s too vast here for anyone to hear you, just scream it all out.”

 

I took is suggestion.

 

“ING ONEW AND HIS CHARMING PERSONALITY. AND YOU TOO KEY, MAKING ME DO THIS. TAEMIN IS MORE FREAKING CLEVER THAN I THOUGHT; WHY DID I UNDERESTIMATE HIM? GOD, MY PARENTS ARE SO ABUSIVE, CAN’T THEY GET A BETTER LIFE? WHY WAS MY HOBBY CROSSDRESSING? PIGEONS AND MUSHROOMS SHOULDN’T EVEN EXSIST. I JUST WANT TO ON ALL THE CRAP IN MY LIFE AND WALK AWAY FROM IT.” I screamed at the top of my lungs, probably breaking Key’s eardrum.

 

The sobs in between my yells were clearly heard, but Key didn’t make fun of it.

 

“So this is the real Kim Minji.”

 

“Shut up mother er,” I spat at him.

 

He laughed. “Glad to see you’re back.”

 

And that’s when I gave him a real, happy smile.

 

“Now let go of me pineapple head.” I thrashed about in his arms.

 

“That’s the best insult you could come up with?” Key chuckled, and then released me.

 

I took a big breath of the fresh air, even if it was a bit warm and humid. My eyes were pretty red, but I could let it go. It was time to move on, or maybe even wait for Onew to ask me out. Now that I felt clean of my thoughts, I remembered.

 

“Key, do I still have to ing go out with someone I don’t want to?”

 

A smirk was displayed on his face. “Of course.”

 

.

 

I stomped away from the devil, and went home. First he was mean, then nice, then mean again. Whatever. When I was finally at my house, I went into my room and started thinking.

 

Possible boyfriend 1- Key

Reasons to go out with him- NONE

Reasons why not to go out with him-

-Mean

-Bastard

-Too handsome

-Too caring

-Too clever

 

When did I start giving good points about Key when toward the end of my " Reasons not to go out with him" list? Aigoo.

 

Possible Boyfriend 2- Onew

~ I’ll just wait for him to ask me out if he ever does~

 

Possible Boyfriend 3- Minho

Reasons to go out with him-

-Kind

-Caring

-Charismatic

-Smart

-Raps well (karaoke)

-Good Looking

Reasons why not to go out with him-

-Sometimes a bit Obnoxious

 

Possible Boyfriend 4- Jonghyun

Reasons to go out with him-

-Cute laugh

-A little handsome

-Amazing vocals (karaoke)

-Funny

Reasons why not to go out with him-

-Short

-Can be a jerk at times

-Hits on too many girls

-A bit stupid

 

Possible Boyfriend 5- Taemin

Reasons to go out with him-

-Adorable

-Kind, caring

-handsome

-Great dancer/ singer (I went to karaoke with him once.)

Reasons why not to go out with him-

-Younger than me

- Kind of childish sometimes

-Tries too hard to be manly

 

I stopped my imaginary lists, and just analyzed.

Who was I going to date me, and how was I supposed to make them like me?

 

I’ll just think about it tomorrow.

--

A/N: Comments would be much appreciated! :D I'll update soon :3