More bad luck

I First Met Him in a Tree

 

Today was the day I was supposed to dress like a maid.

I didn’t want to get fired.

So I did.

And the freaking costume keeps scratching my back. All my co-workers complimented my girlish figure when they saw me. Jiyoung actually blushed. It was probably because I was wearing make-up and a long wig, which made me slightly attractive. Hopefully nobody I knew came here today.

“DunDuunDuuunDunDunDun,” went my ring tone. That Jonghyun changed it without me knowing. I have to replace that later.

“Yeobseo?” I said.

“Minji! We are heading to this place Taemin and Key went yesterday. They said it was really good there. Do you want to come?” Onew asked.

, the whole bloody gang was coming. “Oh, uh, sorry I’m busy.” Then I hung up.

I must prepare for hell.

Key’s p.o.v

We were going that noodle place again because the others heard about the butlers dressing as maids.

Sometimes, they can just be sick erts, but my Taeminnie was exceptional.

He was still growing.

“We are here!” Announced Onew, our driver. We got out of the car and then escaped the parking lot. Inside the café, I spotted the butler that served us yesterday. He was undeniably beautiful as a girl, which was really surprising. “Follow me customers,” the butler said in a high voice. He led us to our table, and that’s when our group started bombarding comments at him.

“You look exactly like someone I know!” Onew said.

“Noona you’re so pretty~” Taemin sang. I lightly smacked him in the head and reminded him that the person was a guy.

“Are you really a man? You must be a girl! My eyes are deceiving me.”  Minho said.

“Do you want to exchange numbers or e-mail? How about we go on a dat-” Everyone hit Jonghyun on his arm. “Ouch…”

The pretty girl- no, man, panicked. She, I mean, he would glance away from our stares. We couldn’t help it, those crystal eyes, perfectly tinted hair. The costume was complimenting her, ahem, him just right. The frilly skirt and shaped blouse looked amazing on the person.

Wait.

I looked intently at the guy’s make-up.

I gasped.

Minji’s p.o.v

Oh . , , . Key unexpectedly stood up and was now squeezing my wrist. Damn, how much strength did this guy have?

“We need to talk.”

I twitched at his words, and he led me out of the café and into an alleyway.

 “Minji, I know that’s you.” This cannot be ing happening to me.

“H-how d-did you find out?” I stuttered.

“Nobody can identify how someone applies their make-up like me. I just imagined you without the cosmetics on you’re face. I don’t know how I wasn’t able to tell who you were yesterday. Do you have any experience in the make-up industry? You really have some skill to pass off like that in front of our friends without them noticing.” Key said.

“Uh…” My legs weakened, and I bent down. “P-please don’t tell anybody.”

He looked at me, and then smiled. “Of course, I won’t say a thing.”

I stopped begging and stood up, seeing him smirk.

“But there’s one condition.”

.

“I want you to confess to the person you like, and then go out with someone you don’t. You have one week to consider this stipulation.” He said with a playful grin on his face.

Obviously, this guy was toying with me for his own amusement.

I didn’t like it at all.

“Oh, we better head back inside before our friends get suspicious,” Key alleged.

Back at the table, I got their orders and ignored their questions.

I was going to have to confess to Onew.

And if he actually accepts me, I would have to reject him.

Then I had to pick someone in our little group to date.

Man, I hate my luck.

 

Taemin’s p.o.v

 

“Noona~ why are you looking so sad?” Key smacked my head again.

 

She looked up from her notebook, where she was writing down our orders.

 

Her smile broke my heart.

 

It was so distressing and sparkly at the same time.

 

My heart did a little quick thumpity thump.

 

“Noona, will you go out with me?” I asked.

 

Once I know I’m in love with someone, I take the risk almost instantly.

 

Onew reminded me she was a boy, but I didn’t care.

 

Key hadn’t hit me this time, instead just seeing how our server would react.

 

Jonghyun and Minho were whining about how they wanted to ask that to her also.

 

“um…uhn…”  She ran.

 

“Look what you did, you drove her away!” Jonghyun complained to me.

 

Everyone quickly forgot about Noona, and began conversation.

 

I won’t ever forget her face.

 

Minji’s p.o.v

, that little brat Taemin confessed to me. What the hell did I do? I ran, like a wimp. Kim Minji wasn’t a wimp. Nor was she the one to get confessions just like that.

I thought about Key’s request while taking a couple of other’s orders.

I guess I just have to go with things.

The food for the table my friends were at finished cooking. I balanced all of the plates on my hands, making Syunghyun help me by carrying the drinks. Yes, the guy was dressed as a maid also. He didn’t look too shabby as a girl, but I shivered when noticing his manly features. At the table, everyone sort of cheered, smelling the good food. I put everything down, and so did Syunghyun. “Well, I’ll be coming back later with the chec-”

“Noona, you didn’t answer my confession,” Taemin told me, interrupting my sentence.

And with that, I ran away again.

Minho’s p.o.v

This was definitely absurd for Taemin to ask out a person like that in front of our faces. Our maknae was getting braver every day. I was proud of him, so I encouragingly patted his back when “Noona” ran away again. I actually wanted to ask him out too, and so did Jonghyun, but we chose to let Taemin get him. It was time for the youngest to experience a good love.

Everyone engulfed the food in front of our eyes. Sharing and tasting other’s meals along the way. Finishing eating, I asked the awaited question.

“Who was going to pay?”

Minji’s p.o.v

When I came back to them with the bill, everyone had anxious eyes. “How about we split the price?” Suggested Onew.

Everyone nodded in agreement. Taemin took the receipt from me, and then opened it up. The guy calculated the money split into five. He gave the amount each member had to pay, and they all put their cash in the pocket of the bi-fold. Taemin proceeded to scribble down his signature, how much of a tip he gave, and other stuff on the lines in the paper.

I didn’t know Taemin was a math wiz.

Or was he just doing that to impress me?

“Thank you for visiting,” I said to the group as they got up to leave.

I made sure they all left when I opened up the check to find a $10 dollar tip. In a small corner of the bill, I found a little note.

 

Taemin’s number: xxx-xxx-xxxx

 

Aish~ this kid.

--

A/N: I wish I had more comments, I don't care if you guys spam my page with them, I need some more encouragement for this story :Y So yep, a little twist in this chapter. Taemin has fallen for Minji. Did you guys notice another pun I made for Taemin when he said "Noona you're so pretty~" I was considering Minho to have been the one to take initiative and scribble down his number for Minji, or ask her out first. Should I do that? Make Minho the one to Minji and Key moments instead of Taemin? I shall update soon :D