The Beginning

I First Met Him in a Tree

 

Worst idea I’ve ever come up with. I am such an idiot; I should’ve attempted descending from the tree at least. My left leg ached with pain. A side of my face was buried in the grass, and my glasses lay in front of my eyes. Yes, this cursing girl wore spectacles and a nerdy hair-do every day. Don’t judge me.

It was good the un-cut grass somewhat cushioned my fall.

Laying on the dirty ground, I let the sun burn me up while I think. A while ago I was eating with Minho, talking about politics or whatever. We were celebrating the fact that school ended a few weeks back. What happened next?

OH RIGHT. SOMEONE CAME OUT OF NOWHWERE AND ING FORCED SOME SOJU DOWN MY MOUTH.

I probably fainted.  The prank was so demented and twisted. That someone even went through the trouble of putting me in a tree. I think Minho was in on it too.

I COULD’VE DIED.

I hastily got up, ignoring the soreness that was all over my body. Look, let me explain something real quick.  I at anything physical. It took me a lot of extra credit to pass Gym class with an A. Although my skin is tough, I am like a hamster when in a fight. I scurry away, afraid, not wanting any trouble. Ohohoho, but when I am all riled up and angry, I can be like a freaking porcupine. I might not have any skill whatsoever, but my multiple amounts of hits and surprise tactics can leave me a good sense of satisfaction when beating someone up.

I chose Taemin’s house to go to, him being the most mischievous person I know of. Hey, kids could be murderers too, you never know.

Marching progressively, I headed in the risky direction. I paid no attention to the trail of blood following me from behind.

“Noona! You’re late, everyone was waiting for you! I knew you would pick my house to go to,” Taemin said after opening the door for me. What the was this child talking about? And when did he start calling me “noona?” We weren’t that close. I put up my friendly sweet front, as always. “Oh, sorry for the delay Taemin-ah.” Why did I apologize? Wasn’t he the one that tried to kill me? Nothing is making sense right now. “Yah! There is blood all over you, get inside my house now!”

And with that, Taemin pulled me inside his fragrance-filled abode. 

Inside, I spotted a dinosaur, a frog, a cute piece of tofu, and a new guy around an oval table. “Hello Jonghyun, Minho, Onew, and umm…” I stopped and stared at the familiar new person. IT WAS THE GUY THAT DID’NT HELP ME DOWN THE TREE. My somewhat cooled down demeanor got all fired back up. It was time to let the porcupine in me out of the box.

But wait.

I had been acting all kind and charming for the last two years, and at this moment I would let it all go to waste? Let me summarize real fast, I had a crush on Onew, and I fell for him a long time ago. So I tried becoming the ideal girl for him, personality, not appearance-wise. The plan was progressing. I couldn’t stop now.

Calming down, I greeted the person with a smile. “Nice to meet you. And you are…” He snorted. He freaking snorted in my face. “My name is Kim Kibum. I have a nickname like Onew, it’s Key,” the irritating guy said. “We never got to introduce you to him, since he was abroad in the U.S for a long time. But Key is one of our best friends, and he will be hanging with us from now on. Oh, and he’ll be transferring to our school later in September, after summer break is over,” said Minho.

Realization struck my face. We shared the same last names. Oh great. “Why are you the only girl in this group?” Key rudely asked me. I thought about it a bit. How did I become friends with these four weirdoes? Before I could answer, I was tugged into a bathroom. “Did you guys just suddenly forget there is a bleeding girl before you’re eyes?” Onew said to the others before shutting the door. I could here a muffled Taemin yell “but I noticed hyung! That’s why I let her into the house!”

Right, I forgot my body was injured. My ankle was limp, I had bruises everywhere, and I got a deep gash on my back. “Ouch!” I squeaked when Onew sprayed the rubbing alcohol on my wounds, then mending them gently. I was leaning against the bathtub, sitting on the floor with him. I looked at his handsome face, those lovely lips, perfect nose, and clear eyes. “There, I am finished.” Onew announced.  Then the corners of his mouth happily turned upwards. Oh gosh, I could die blissfully right there.  His smile was so perfect.

Something prevented me from gleefully awing Onew’s presence any further. The abrasion on my back was throbbing more than ever. “Errr…thanks Onew... but I have one last cut, and it’s on my back,” I said, shutting my eyes in pain. A worrisome look covered Onew’s countenance. “Sorry Minnie, but I don’t know how to treat big scratches. The only one I know that can is Key…” By this point, I didn’t freaking care anymore that the person I sort of despised would touch me. I felt like I was dying, really. The only thing that concerned me was that Onew used the nickname I told him to call me again (which I stole from Taemin.) And that made me kind of happy, but only momentarily. “Just get Key…Onew…” I managed to say. I was seriously going to pass out. Why was this pain so delayed? It had to start hurting when I was having some quality time with the person I liked.

Onew rushed speedily out, grabbing an annoyed Key into the bathroom.

Key’s p.o.v

Onew left after he shoved me into the bathroom. I could see her face was displeased at the sight of me. I didn’t get that. Look at me, I’m gorgeous. Sighing, I bent down to her side, still a bit agitated though that Onew disturbed the lecture I was giving Taemin. “Turn around,” I instructed. She obediently listened, facing her back to me. She didn’t seem to care when I pulled her shirt all the way up, revealing her whole back, along with her bra.

This girl wasn’t ordinary.

I grabbed the long cotton bandage and other wound medication. Then I began.

After the treatment, she had opened her eyes and taken a couple of deep breaths. She faced me looking timid and said, “Thanks for helping me. My name is Minji.” PFFFFFFFT. I tried holding back my laugh, but it came out in a loud burst. “AHAHAHAHAHA.” OH THE IRONY. “W-with that unusual name, I would’ve imagined a more graceful p-person,” I exclaimed, a bit breathless. She turned red and stomped out.

But it was a mistake to let her go like that.

Minji had started arguing with Minho, and Jonghyun about calling the police for putting her in a dangerous prank. “I could’ve fell put of the tree when I was unconscious, and then fall onto the ground, then go into a coma!” Minji exaggerated.  With that comment, I continued to laugh at her.  I swear she was about to slap me when a “oh ” face stopped her. She looked at the clock on the wall.

Minji scampered promptly out of the room, giving a small goodbye, then leaving.

 

Minji’s  p.o.v

 

CRAPDAMNITMOTHERINGFREAKINGCRAP ASDFADFAFGHDSA

I let all the curse words that came to my head out. I cannot believe I was actually late for the meeting. My legs went as fast as it could, which was like the pace of a handicapped kangaroo. At times I went really quickly, then very slow later on. Finally at the place, I opened the door to which it revealed my home. Up my stairs and into my room, I switched my clothes into a gray suite. Then I put on a boyish, good-quality wig to hide my shoulder length hair. Putting on the polished black shoes, I applied some make-up on my face.

Transformation complete.

 

Time to head to the restaurant as a handsome young boy.

 

--Side Story--

-This is how Minji fell for Onew-

-Back in elementary school-

“Stupid girl, you’ll never be loved if you keep hanging around our flower boys,” the bully spat at me. What did I do to deserve this torture? I curled up in a ball and sobbed. They kept kicking me, like I was a piece of trash.

I wasn’t.

That’s what my friends told me.

“Stop!” Onew ran to me. I looked at him as he crouched next to me, arms around my small frame. “If you hurt her, you hurt me too!” He said, hugging me tightly. The girls hesitated. “Don’t worry, it’ll all be alright,” Onew whispered reassuringly in my ear.

He lied.

“It’s okay; we have the other three at least, so we don’t need you, sorry Jinki.”

The group continued to kick at us, not caring that they were beating up one of their idols. I cried my heart out, but Onew held his tears for me. He had the intention of staying strong to show me I should too. I was touched.

“Let’s stop already, lunch is ending. The teachers will come here, at the back of the school, to make sure no children are skipping. Let’s go.” A voice informed the head bully. The crowd left with no remorse.  I was still sniffling, but I wept away any tears left for Onew. We both lay down on the concrete, exhausted.

“Hey, Minnie.”

“Yeah Onew?”

“Isn’t the sky really beautiful today?”

And that’s when I fell for him.  

--

A/N: I wanted to try a first person story since I've been reading a lot of stories with p.o.v's. This chapter was really fun to make. I wiil probably update this a lot more than my other story, SHINee: as a k-drama, because I'm stuck on that one. I would love comments! :3