Chapter 19

Love story of a foreigner

Thank you everyone for the support. Your comments are my favorite thing to read. So without further adieu this the next chapter. Let me know what y'all think.

 

Tiffany was on her way out to go out for lunch with a couple of her clients when she heard a very familiar laughter. At first she brushed it off thinking that it was just her mind playing with her. But the laughter coupled with the voice only belonged to one person she knew. 

 

'What is she doing here anyway?'

 

 Tiffany purposefully took the other elevator just so she could scope out the situation and also check if her senses were correct. On her way to the elevator she sneaked a quick peak and it was none other than the one and only Kim Taeyeon talking to a couple of her employees and also Son Wendy. She was the head of the HR at a young age. Tiffany's father was rather fond of her work ethics and her methods. She's also popular among the colleagues. In short, Son Wendy is everyone's favorite. 

 

Tiffany noticed how Wendy took the time to translate certain words in korean for Taeyeon in case she didnt catch it.

 

'No need to lean over her like that. She can hear quite clearly from a distance.' 

Tiffany thought to herself as she saw Wendy leaning in to say something to Taeyeon. The proximity was not according to Tiffany's liking.

 

Tiffany noticed that Taeyeon was still wearing her work outfit so she put the two together. 

 

'Must be delivering lunch here. I thought she was mainly a kitchen person. Didnt know they also made her go around for delivering. Just so she can get more attention from girls. As if she doesnt already get all the attention.' Tiffany's mind drifted off to Nana and what happened at the party that she attended where Taeyeon was part of the catering company.  

 

The recollection of that evening made Tiffany's blood boil and even though initially she was planning on saying hi to Taeyeon, she ditched that idea and got on the elevator. As the elevator door was closing it opened again, someone must have pressed the button from the outside. In came Son Wendy much to Tiffany's dismay. Tiffany never really disliked the girl but ever since a few minutes ago, Son Wendy from HR was definitely not Tiffany's favorite person. 

 

"Hi Ms. Hwang." Wendy greeted. 

"Hi Wendy. How's it going?" Tiffany asked as a courtesy. 

"It started off as a boring day but the lunch delivery girl made it so much better. I think im gonna order lunch from them more often and request for her to deliver." Wendy said with a big smile.

Tiffany tried to fight the scowl and forced a smile.

"I'm glad you like their lunch." Tiffany responded, emphasizing on the lunch. 

 

*ding* 

"See you around Wendy."

"See you." 

And both the ladies parted ways. 

 

All through her lunch meetings Tiffany couldn't quite concentrate on the work at hand since her mind kept on drifting back to how Wendy was leaning over Taeyeon, gently touching her shoulder, then her mind reeled back to the kiss that they shared at the park and all of these thoughts had her in a whirlwind, until...

"Ahem ahem."

Tiffany looked up, startled and saw a handsome young man looking at her. 

"You have a lot on your mind?" He asked.

"No not really. Sorry I just zoned out. Good Afternoon Mr. Park. You wanna get started with lunch first?" 

Mr. Park smiled at his pretty business associate and nodded in agreement. 

"Yes let's talk over some food. I am starving. But first, call me Jay." 

"Okay Jay. You can call me Tiffany. We are the same age anyways." 

Jay smiled at Tiffany and ushered the waiter to take their order. 

 

Talking to Jay was nice. He was a smart businessman who is looking over the family business in absence of his father who went to Korea for business. He was also charming and a bit sleazy but that could be overlooked. Since Jay was her last lunch appointment,  she extended the lunch with him a bit more since conversations were just flowing and talking to him kept her mind off the whole Taeyeon situation. 

 

When Tiffany got home from work, Taeyeon, Sonkyu and Taemin were playing monopoly. 

"How did you get home?" 

"Nana gave me a ride." Taeyeon said without looking up from counting her fake money.

"Hmm" Tiffany frowned in response but didnt say anything. 

She took a long shower and saw that she got some text messages. The first one was from Jay. 

"Hey you still working or did you get home?" 

Jay and her exchanged numbers before they left. He is easy to talk to and if Tiffany was still in her old lifestyle then she'd definitely hit it off with him at some point. He was tall and good looking, the kind of good looking where he was well aware of his assets and didnt shy away from using them to his own benefits. He knew his way around business, sleek and rich. He also had that rich, bad boy thing going on for him. All in all Jay Park was definitely a catch and Tiffany was now under his radar.