chapter 18

Love story of a foreigner

Hi everyone. so after the long Long long hiatus I am back. I was just going through all of your comments and it made me wanna write again. It just goes on to show how important each and every one of the comments has been to me. Thank you so much for all the supportive comments. It really does mean a lot. Sorry this is a shorter update but there are many more to come. Thanks for supporting me and the story and commenting and subscribing. it means more than you can imagine. Please excuse the spelling mistakes and such. Let me know what you think in the comments.

 

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon got off the ride amd met up with Sonkyu and Taemin, both the girls trying to avoid looking at the other in fear of their blushing face being visible to the other. Tiffany's mind was in all over the place. 'Does that mean that you've forgiven me? Or do you think it was just a heat of the moment thing?' 

 Sonkyu noticed the matching pink tints on the cheeks of her childhood best friend and her wife but decided against commenting on it. 

 

'I have tortured those two love struck fools enough already. I just hope they figure out whatever it is that's keeping them from being whole with each other.' 

 

The car ride back was rather quiet and peaceful. Taemin was fast asleep leaning on Taeyeon, who was also very much asleep. Tiffany looked through the rear view mirror and saw Taeyeon sleeping with her head tilted back mouth wide open. 

'So not graceful, but cute nonetheless'. Tiffany thought to herself. 

"Yeah Taeyeon is not the most graceful when she sleeps." Tiffany jumped a little when she heard Sonkyu speak.

"Sorry did I scare you?"

"No i just thought you were also asleep." Tiffany tried to play off getting caught while staring at Taeyeon. 

"Yeah I dozed off for a moment and now I'm wide awake suddenly." 

"Feel free to fall asleep. Its been a long day."

"Or do you want me to sleep so you can check out if Taeyeon is sleeping okay." 

"I wasn't doing that at all."

Tiffany protested, almost too quickly.

Sonkyu just nodded with a soft smile.

"Sure you didn't." She mumbled as she looked out the window.

Tiffany pretended not to hear that. The rest of the drive home was rather quiet since Sonkyu kept dozing off to sleep and Taeyeon and Taemin were out like lights. 

 

"Taeyeon? Taeyeonah...wake up. We're home." 

Tiffany tried for the second time, this time Taeyeon stirred but still no signs of waking up. 

"You must have been really tired to be this deep in slumber." Tiffany thought out loud. She looked her her supposed wife's sleeping face and brushed the lengthy bangs out of her face. She traced her eyebrows and her nose and stopped at the lips. For a moment Tiffany considered kissing her to wake her up. 'Have I warned the right to do that yet, Taeyeonah?' 

Tiffany lost track of however long she had been looking at Taeyeon's inviting lips until she felt her stir. Tiffany moved away quickly because she didn't want to scare away Taeyeon. 

 

"Are we home?" Taeyeon asked in a groggy voice. 

Just hearing Taeyeon call her house 'home' made Tiffany's heart flutter. 

"Yes. Yes we are. Let's go you can sleep on the bed." Tiffany said gently trying not to get Taeyeon out of her sleepy trance. Sonkyu has already carried a sleeping Taemin inside the house after bidding Tiffany and a sleeping Taeyeon goodnight. "I trust you to get this big baby to bed", she said to Tiffany. Tiffany knows that Taeyeon works long hours and spends any non-working hour trying to entertain Sonkyu and Taemin and barely gets any sleep. That's why she's been trying to get Taeyeon to go to bed without completely waking up, since she knows how long it usually takes for Taeyeon to fall asleep.

 

"Oh okay. Let's go to sleep" Taeyeon said in a sleepy voice. A moment later realizing what she said, "I didn't mean it like sleep, sleep. I meant it like sleeeep." Taeyeon tried to clarify. Tiffany smiled a bit at the politeness that Taeyeon maintained even when she was half asleep. 

"It's okay. I know what you meant. Now come with me. Okay?" Taeyeon nodded in response and queitly followed Tiffany, eye s half closed.  

 

Once they were in the bedroom, Taeyeon automatically went to her makeshift bed and passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow. Tiffany was thinking about getting Taeyeon to sleep on the bed with her. But looking at Taeyeon's peaceful sleeping form she was both relived that Taeyeon was finally getting some much deserved sleep and also a  bit disappointed that even in her subconscious mind Taeyeon knew to sleep in the makeshift bed. Then she thought back to the kiss they shared on the ferris wheel and smiled to herself. 

'One step at a time...good night Taeyeonah' she said in her head as she turned off the bed lights and slipped into slumber.