Chapter 2

Love story of a foreigner

 

Chapter 2

 

“Are you being serious right now?”

 

“Nothing but”

 

“Stupid car! Can’t you fix it?”

 

“I told you. I don’t have a spare tire anymore. Also, don’t call my car stupid.”

 

“Every car should have spare tires. And this car is stupid! Just like the owner.” Tiffany muttered the latter part under her breath, but it was loud enough for Taeyeon to hear it.

 

“Yah! Who are you calling stupid? I did have a spare tire. I had to give it to Taec oppa when his tire got punctured last week. MY CAR IS NOT STUPID.”

 

“I can’t believe I am stuck in the middle of nowhere with this shorty.”

 

“Yah! Be respectful. No height jokes around Lee Sonkyu and Kim Taeyeon, the danshin duo. It’s a rule of this town.”

 

“Didn’t you just call yourself short?”

 

“I have my permission to call us that. You, little foreign girl, don’t”

 

“Unbelievable.”

 

“Well believe it.”

 

“So are we going to be stuck here forever?”

 

“No. We are going to wait until Soonkyu comes back from work. I am hoping she will take this route today. The chances are about 75%.” Taeyeon replied while chewing on a piece of grass sitting on the hood of the car.

 

“And you are just going to sit there?”

 

“I mean you can walk around a bit if you want. Just don’t go too far. I don’t want the American police taking me to jail for a missing girl.”

 

“Hmph”

 

Tiffany got off the car and tried to switch on her cell.

 

Taeyeon noticed the scrunched up eyebrows and the sigh of exasperation and smirked.

 

“What? Can’t live without the cell phone?”

 

“I was only trying to help ourselves out of this mess that YOU have created.”

 

“I have created? It wasn’t my fault that there was a random piece of glass in th-”

 

“You chose to come through this route”

 

“Yeah well, you were the one who wanted to get home as soon as possible and I just wanted to take the short cut.”

 

“So now you are blaming me?”

 

“I am not blaming anyone; I am just stating the reason why I took this route. Gosh! These foreigners!”

 

 Tiffany chose to ignore the last comment as she continued to pace back and forth on the side of the overly dusty concrete road.

 

An idea suddenly struck her mind.

 

“Why don’t we try to flag down a random car and try to get a ride from them?”

 

“We could try” Taeyeon replied as she got off the hood of the car, spit away the piece of grass she was chewing and dusted off her pants.

 

The next half and hour was spent on Taeyeon’s failure attempt at trying to slow down various trucks of ridiculous sizes that passed through the road.

 

Taeyeon was getting frustrated with the failures…and swatted down in exhaustion.

 

“This plan is not working”

 

“That’s not it. It’s you who is unable to make it work”

 

“You try then and show me.”

 

“Okay. Just watch me.”

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she saw the trucks completely ignoring Tiffany as she jumped up and down trying to grab their attention without success.

 

Taeyeon reclaimed her position on top of the hood of her car and was dozing off, when she heard a noise and looked around.

 

It was Tiffany squealing in joy pointing at the red car approaching from a distance

 

After taking a closer look at the car Taeyeon realized that the passengers were mainly young males taking a road trip somewhere around the area.

 

She shrugged her shoulders still unable to decipher the reason behind Tiffany’s excitement.

 

“Taetae watch me!”

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows at the unlikely nickname. She was about to smile finding the nickname rather cute, but widened her eyes instead at the sight in front of her.

 

Tiffany has taken off her pink shirt that she was wearing and now she was in a white tank top that was getting increasingly transparent as the foreign girl was sweating under the hot sun. She lifted up her short skirt a bit more, leaning forward with her sticking out in an alluring posture.

 

Taeyeon’s jaw dropped at the sight.

 

Man! She can beat any of those idols anyday.

 

Taeyeon watched in awe as the speeding car stopped with a screech right in front of Tiffany.

 

She clenched her fist as she noticed the hormonal boys looking at Tiffany like she was a piece of meat.

 

At this point, Taeyeon has regained her consciousness, she collected her jaw that was almost touching the ground, wiped off the drool and marched toward the car.

 

“It’s okay guys! I was able to fix the car. No need for a ride. Thank you for the offer! We appreciate it.”

 

The boys seemed utterly disappointed at her statements some of them threw the meanest glares at Taeyeon and if only looks could kill, Taeyeon would have been dead more than once already.

 

They revved up the engine and took off, leaving behind a cloud of dust and a coughing Taeyeon.

 

“When did you fix the tire?”

 

“I didn’t”

 

“Then didn’t you just say that you did?”

 

“I lied”

 

“WHAT? You have got to be kidding me!”

 

“What? I was just trying to protect you”

 

“Protect me from what?”

 

“From those hormonal guys, who clearly wanted to you?”

 

“Are you serious Kim Taeyeon? I was trying to get a ride from those guys…and you came in and ruined my whole set up.”

 

“By ‘set up’ you mean this?” Taeyeon gestured at Tiffany, who was still in her tank which was almost transparent by this time and Taeyeon could make out the hot pink bra, her short skirt lifted up exposing her thighs.

 

Taeyeon gulped at the alluring sight.

 

“Eyes are up here shorty. Don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy the view. I caught you gaping at my perfect figure.” Tiffany smirked in victory at the native village girl, who seemed both embarrassed and flustered at being caught staring.

 

“I was just trying to protect you” Taeyeon tried to defend herself meekly.

 

“With your laser beam glares? Sure!” Tiffany whispered in Taeyeon’s ear, making her gulp.

 

“I wasn’t staring”

 

“And fishes can fly.”

 

“Actually some fishes can.”

 

“Whatever, village girl. Now take me home! It’s about to get dark in a couple of hours…and I don’t want to spend my first night like this.”

 

Taeyeon didn’t answer, as she went to the back of the car, grabbed Tiffany’s luggage and started walking.

 

“Yah! Where are you going with my stuff?”

 

“You are coming with me too.”

 

“Oh”

 

Tiffany jogged a bit to catch up with Taeyeon.

 

“Carry one” Taeyeon said, pointing to one of the huge pink twin suitcases.

 

“No way. I am not carrying this .”

 

“This ‘’ is your stuff. If you are not going to carry this, then it will remain here for thieves to steal. Considering that they are interested in stealing hot pink underwear.”

 

Taeyeon sneered as she witnessed Tiffany’s cheeks turning pink.

 

Tiffany huffed in irritation. No one in this world has ever made Tiffany Hwang work against her will, not even her own father. And now this Kim Taeyeon is ordering her to carry this huge heavy suitcase. Not only that, now she is making fun of her for her very costly underwear.

 

 

“At least tell me where we are going?”

 

“One of my dongsaegs lives in this area. We are crashing in her place.”

 

“How would she know we are stuck here?”

 

“She doesn’t know.”

 

“Then how is she going to pick us up?”

 

“No one is picking us up”

 

While Tiffany was getting irritated at the short answers, Taeyeon was trying her best to buy herself some time before breaking the news to the American girl.

 

“Then how are we getting there?”

 

“We are walking”

 

“WHAT?”