30

The First Wife.

Don't tell me to fight, to fight for you

After this long I shouldn't have to

I know you're fine but what do I do?

I'm awake and trying while you're sleeping like a babe beside her.

 

(not edited/ proof read I apologize for errors) 

“So… did you find them?” Tiffany asked Kris when he re-entered the hospital room, but she didn’t receive any reply. Kris went straight to Suzy and kissed her hard on the lips. He didn’t know what he was expecting from the kiss but. What once was a romantic kiss, felt like nothing to Kris and he didn’t understand why.

“Get a room! There are children here!” Tiffany scolded, her heart clenching for Eun Hee. She glanced towards the children, who were luckily still occupied with the balloon.

“What was that for?” Suzy asked breathlessly, staring at Kris with a dazzled smile. Though, Kris didn’t return the smile. All he did was stare at Suzy to the point where Suzy got nervous.

“Kris?” Suzy asked nervously. Scenarios were running through her head. She knows something happened and she knows it involves Eun Hee but she can’t bring her self to think about it. ‘Kris is mine.’ She thought as she caressed his cheek.

“Nothing. Let’s just go home. Tiffany, I’ll bring you back to where ever you’re staying.” Kris spoke, giving his girlfriend a fake smile and turned to get the bags before exiting the room with a confused expression.

Tiffany smirked as she turned to pick up Miyoung, who protested lightly.

“Suzy.” Tiffany spoke.

“What?” Suzy asked harshly, her heart beating at the thought of Tiffany being so close to her brother.

“I’m pretty sure we won’t last for a month. I’m pretty sure Kris is on his way to remembering.” With that, Tiffany took Minwoo’s little hand in hers and followed Kris out the door leaving Suzy and her thoughts alone.

 

 

As Kris waited in the car, his thoughts drifted to Eun Hee. ‘Damn it you’re thinking about her again!’ He scolded himself. ‘Screw it.’ He thought as he dropped his head on the steering wheel and realized it’s useless to fight anything. Eun Hee won’t get out of his mind and he can’t understand why.

“Yo! Open the door!” Tiffany screamed, knocking on the car door. Kris sighed and unlocked the door then got out to help buckle the kids on their seats.

“Tiff, can I ask you a question?” Kris asked, turning to Tiffany but not before closing the door so their conversation won’t be heard.

“What is it?” Kris took a deep breath; bit his lower lip and spoke.

“Last night… I had a dream… I think.” He started, Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

“Wait, so you think you had a dream?” Tiffany stated, giving Kris a look. Kris sighed and willed himself to continue. ‘You need answers Kris.’ He thought.

“I – I’m not sure if it was a dream or a flash back or my imagination working, just here me out.” Tiffany stayed silent and made gestures with her hands so he could continue. From the corner of her eyes she spotted Suzy making her way over to them.

“Hurry up.” Kris saw Suzy and hurriedly started.

“You were my girlfriend.” Tiffany’s eyes widened and Kris took this as a sign to continue so he did.

“But something happened. I don’t know what happened but something did… and I got married… but I don’t remember to who but somehow I was cheating on her with you.” Tiffany visibly paled as she stared at Kris with glassy eyes.

“Tiffany, I need you to tell me. Did that happen? Was I married? Were we together?” He asked, giving Tiffany a calculating look. Her change of aura was painfully obvious as Kris wrung his hands together in anxiousness.

Tiffany opened to answer but shut up when Suzy spoke.

“Hey guys! I’m hungry! Let’s go!”

“We’re going to finish this conversation… later.” Tiffany whispered before opening the car door and sliding in beside her daughter with her heart beating out of her chest. ‘He remembers!’

 

 

“Hey, is she alright?” Xiu Min asked, concern masking his face when he saw Tao carrying a sleeping Eun Hee.

“When was she ever alright hyung?” Tao replied, sighing as he placed Eun Hee gently on the couch of their rented house – they were after all staying there for months- and sitting on the carpeted floor.

“Do you think he’d remember?” Chen asked, taking a seat beside G.Na who was sipping a cup of coffee on the dining table.

“He’s getting there.” Tao mumbled, remembering Kris’ reaction when he walked away from them earlier. Yes, he saw Kris. After all, Kris wasn’t exactly being a ninja about his presence.

“I have an idea!” Ailee suddenly exclaimed, emerging from the kitchen with a ladle.

“Oh goodness! We’ve had enough of your ideas!” Lay exclaimed, remembering all the weird suggestions Ailee stated earlier when they were trying to formulate a plan. Safe to say, they never got to the point of having a plan.

“No! I think it’s going to work this time!” Lu Han said, coming out behind Ailee.

“You’re agreeing with her?” Lay asked, looking a little offended.

“YAH! What’s that supposed to mean!?” Ailee exclaimed.

“Dude! Shut up! Don’t mess with the mouth that’s gonna feed you!” Chen hissed, smacking the back of Lay’s head.

“I agree with you Ailee.” Xiu Min said innocently, giving Ailee an angelic smile.

“ up!” Tao muttered with a smirk, glancing at Eun Hee to make sure she didn’t wake up. ‘She needs all the sleep she can get.’ He thought, running his fingers through her hair, making Eun Hee sigh.  

“Guys, shut up. Ailee continue.” G.Na spoke, glaring at the boys.

“Well, All Kris needs is a little push.” Ailee started.

“So, we thought… What if Tao, you start acting on your feelings and start acting all lovey- dovey with Eun Hee.” Lu Han continued.

“So Kris will get jealous and become confused and want answers?” Xiu Min asked. Ailee and Lu Han nodded their heads but G.Na sighed, making all heads turn her way.

“Guys, as much as I think the idea is effective… Think of Tao’s feelings. If he’d do that; he’s practically committing suicide. So what? He shows his feelings and hope just to make Kris jealous and end up with Eun Hee?” G.Na reasoned.

“Honestly, I’m tired of Kris being an idiot about all of this. I understand he has amnesia but that doesn’t mean he can go ask someone to marry him! What? Was he never curious where he came from!? Seriously!?” G.Na exclaimed, screaming the last part. She was tired and all she wanted to do at the moment was hit Kris’ head until he remembers every single thing.

“I’m willing to do anything just to make Eun Hee happy, noona.” Tao muttered, staring at Eun Hee’s sleeping face. Everyone turned to him and could see the pain G.Na was talking about. It physically and emotionally hurt Tao to help the girl he loves get together with his best friend.

“Wait! No, We don’t need you to do that…” Chen spoke.

“What do you mean?” G.Na asked.

“I mean think about it, I’m sure Kris asked about his identity at some point. He may be an idiot but he isn’t stupid.” Chen continued, glancing at everyone’s faces.

“I’m not getting you.” Ailee muttered.

“This all comes down to Suzy. I mean I’m pretty sure she knows who Kris is. I mean helloooo! This is Kris Wu we’re talking about! The son of the richest man in Korea and if she brought Kris to the police station, they would have easily identified him right off the bat!” Chen continued as he saw the wheels of his friends heads turn.

“So… this is all part of a plan? Are you saying Suzy did this on purpose?” Lu Han asked, standing straighter.

“That’s exactly what I’m saying!” Chen answered, as a plan started to form in her head.

“I’m hommmeeee!” Tiffany cried out, with Miyoung and Minwoo following behind her.

“SSh!” Tao hissed, glancing at Eun Hee who stirred.

“What’s happening here?” Tiffany asked, taking in the tense atmosphere. Kris strolled in hand and hand with Suzy which made Xiu Min frown and glare at her.

“WE.ARE FINISHING.THIS.NOW.” G.Na said staccato and stood up, dragng Miyoung and Minwoo and telling them to play in one of the rooms with Xiu Min.

“Why can’t I join you!?” Xiu Min whined.

“Lay join Xiu Min and the kids.” Chen ordered.

“NO.”

“LAY!” Ailee screamed, glaring at the boy. Lay pouted but obliged anyway.

“What are you guys talking about?” Eun Hee’s small voice asked as she woke up because of the commotion.

“Nothing, we were on our way out.” Suzy spoke but was stopped when Ailee blocked the door and pushed her on the couch beside Eun Hee.

“Don’t do that to her!” Kris defended, making Suzy smile while Eun Hee frowned.

Tiffany, understanding the situation immediately remembered her earlier conversation with Kris.

“Kris, if you want answers, you sit down and we’ll tell you.” Kris stared at her face for a few long seconds before nodding hesitantly and sitting beside Suzy, while glancing at Eun Hee who somehow ended up in Tao’s lap.

“Wait. We promised to give them one month.” Eun Hee spoke, her heart beating out of her chest.

“No. We had five months but Eun Hee, I’m honestly tired of this. It’s been weeks! And Kris is acting stupid still!” G.Na burst out.

“You promised!” Suzy screamed, standing up while Chen automatically brought her down on the couch.

“Well who said I keep my promises?” G.Na answered rudely.

“But-“

“Will someone please tell me what is going on?” Kris demanded in a stern voice, making them flinch.

Tiffany sighed and decided she would start.

“Kris, what you told me a while ago….” Kris stared up at Tiffany, waiting for her answer.

“It wasn’t a dream. I’m no doctor but I can honestly say that maybe you’re getting your memory back.” She started, making everyone’s heads frown in confusion.

“What did you talk about?” Ailee asked but was ignored as Tiffany continued.

“You used to be mine.”

“Wow! Flash backs! Sorry we don’t have time-“ Suzy started but was cut off by Kris.

“Babe, this is my life. I want to know this now if you would kindly keep your mouth shut.” Everyone stifled their laughs while Eun Hee buried her head in Tao’s neck as her tears fell slowly. ‘He called her babe.’ Was all she could think of.

Kris noticed this but ignore the tug in his heart. He was jealous but felt like he had no right to be.

“Tiff, continue.” Chen said.

“You were my boyfriend.” Tiffany closed her eyes and sighed before continuing. “Your family arranged your marriage but I couldn’t let go of you… You couldn’t let go of me either. You were so in love with me, I got you wrapped around my finger… So you – we- planned that you would make your future wife fall in love with you then break her heart and divorce her after three years.” Tiffany looked up at Kris while Eun Hee let out a silent sob. Even after all this time, knowing the truth of her betrayal hurt and cut her deep.

“But Karma wasn’t on our side… You fell in love with her but you still didn’t let go of me. I threatened to kill myself so you stayed and cheated with your wife with me…” Tiffany’s tears fell as she thought of the things she did. She was stupid in the first place for being so insecure.

“Wait, I don’t understand. Who was my wife?” Kris asked, standing up since he couldn’t stay still any longer.

“Eun Hee.” Tiffany mumbled but she was heard because of the silence that enveloped them.

“E-Eun Hee?” Kris repeated, and turned to Eun Hee who was already up on her feet. She had tears streaming down her face as she stared at Kris.

“What?” Kris asked, staring straight at Eun Hee but nothing entered his mind. His heart beat was increasing and his fingers were becoming clammy.

“Y-you really don’t remember?” Eun Hee asked, as she stared helplessly at Kris. Tao stood up and placed a comforting arm around her as her knees buckled.

“Kris?” She asked, biting her lower lip, her eyes turning into waterfalls. Her tears wouldn’t stop and she was shaking very badly.

“You really don’t remember anything?” She asked again, but received no reply. Kris stood stalk still. He didn’t know what to do. He was confused. He now understood why he feels what he does for Eun Hee but still, she was a stranger in his eyes.

“Okay.” Eun Hee spoke as she nodded her head and composed herself.

“There’s nothing I can do is there?” She spoke as she took a shaky breath. No one made a move, everyone just stared at her. Eun Hee nodded once again and turned around and headed to her room but not before saying: “I’m not giving up Kris, but just tell me to back off and I’m out of your life for good.”

At the sound of a door softly closing, Tao couldn’t take it any more. Seeing Eun Hee hurt that way killed him inside. He marched towards Suzy and shook her hard.

“What happened? Tell us everything now.” He demanded as he glared at Suzy with all the hate in the world. As Suzy stared deeply into Tao’s eyes, her knees buckled and she fell on the ground crying.

“I- I knew all along.” She started.

“Babe, what are you talking about?” Kris asked, turning to Suzy with unseeing eyes.

“Don’t call her that!” G.Na screeched, glaring hatefully at Suzy.

“Don’t talk about her that way!” Kris defended. As Chen and Lay tried to stop G.Na from pouncing on the girl.

“No, Kris Mianhe… I –I thought I could do this… I can’t.” She confessed.

“Just frigging start explaining!” Ailee screamed.

“I was on vacation with my mom on Seoul… We passed by Kris’ car accident and decided to hurry and bring him to the hospital but my mom recognized him half way there a-and she drove straight towards Mokpo and we took care of him…. M-my mom wanted his money but Kris couldn’t remember anything… s-so she told me t-to make Kris mine… “

“YOU KNEW HE WAS MARRIED YET YOU CHOSE TO MHGNFHDN!!” Ailee started screaming but was covered by Chen’s hand.

“Continue.” He ordered, glaring at Ailee.

“I- I didn’t want to do it at first but my mom t-threatened to disown me… that night, she died from an accident, leaving nothing but debt for me to pay… I had no choice. Her original plan was for me to marry Kris and bring him back to his family a year later so we’d get the money… b-but you came a-and-“

“Is that why you wanted to go to Seoul so badly?” Kris asked, interrupting her. He remembered the conversation he had with Suzy two nights ago when she said they should travel to Seoul after their wedding.

Suzy nodded.

That was all it took for Kris to walk out on everyone. He walked out of the house and breathed in as he took everything in.

“Eun Hee… wife… “ Before Kris could register what was happening, He was on the ground, clutching his head as memories flooded his mind. Images of a faceless girl and him fighting in a furniture store, him and a girl eating dinner, him kissing someone, him dancing with a girl under the sky, him hugging the same girl, him looking at the magazines for information of this girl, him getting into a fight with Tao over the same girl and the last image he saw was Eun Hee, walking down the aisle with the biggest smile on her face and him feeling completely utterly happy. Then everything went black as he heard shouts from the distance.

 

 

GUYS! I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATENESS! I ADMIT THIS TIME I WAS PROCRASTINATING AND BECAUSE I'M WORKING ON ANOTHER STORY... THIS STORY IS ALMOST DONE AND WELL... YEAH.. THOUGH I'M SAD TO SEE THIS GO.... I'M KIND OF RELIEVED :) SO TO ALL THOSE WHO STAYED AND WAITED AND STILL READS THIS STORY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! AND THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! YOUR COMMENTS MAKE MY DAY SOMETIMES AND LET ME TELL YOU... IT'S NOT EASY TO MAKE MY DAY :) SO THANKS GUYS! THERE WILL BE PROBABLY 2-3 MORE CHAPTERS :)

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!