28

The First Wife.

What do you say, 

When tears are streaming down your face in front of everyone you know?

And what do you do when the one,

Who means the most to you is the one who didn't show?

 

 

A frantic Kris raced towards the hospital with every different scenario running through his head. He was expecting the day to be perfect but it turned out completely opposite. He could no longer propose to Suzy, but somewhere deep in his gut, he felt like it was meant to be. He mentally cursed his luck as he rounded a corner of the hospital and ran straight to the emergency room.

Surprisingly, there were only a few people in the emergency area as Kris went straight to the reception desk where a nurse was talking to a man wearing a black leather jacket with a white v- neck shirt under and black skinny jeans.

“Excuse me, but I really don’t know anything aside from his name.” The man stated, giving the nurse a look. The nurse sighed exasperated until Kris interrupted.

“Sorry, but do you happen to know where Bae Minwoo was taken?” Kris asked, looking around, ignoring the man who turned to him with surprise evident in his flawless face.

“Bae Minwoo, Let me check sir.” The nurse replied kindly, excusing himself from Chen.

“K-K-Kris?” Chen asked, staring wide eyed at Kris. He couldn’t believe his eyes. ‘I’m not dreaming right?’ Chen thought, looking at Kris intently and poked his stomach.

“YAH! What was that for!? And who are you?” Kris asked, disturbed at the way Chen raked over his body and the way Chen knew his name. ‘Oh God, he couldn’t possibly be a gay stalker, can he?’ He thought.

“Y-you don’t know me?” Chen asked confusion clear on his face as Kris glanced back at the nurse who was still looking though the computer.

“Should I?” Kris asked already frustrated with the fact that the nurse was taking forever and that there was a weird man standing before him.

“Chen, what’s taking you so- KRIS!?” She screamed, immediately making eight heads snap in their direction. Kris stared at G.Na strangely before turning his attention to the people who simultaneously turned their heads.

His eyes immediately landed on Suzy who was the farthest from him and who just stared at him with glassy eyes and a tear strained face. Kris’ heart broke at the sight. His girlfriend was hurting and she had no one beside her.

 

Eun Hee whipped her head at the sound of her husband’s name being yelled. She immediately stood up at the sight of Kris who looked exactly the same except his hair was a little longer. closed and she couldn’t utter a single word. Her eyes were wide and tears were streaming down her face. Relief washed over her entire body and for the first time in years she smiled a huge genuine smile that somehow only Kris was able to make her do. ‘He’s alive.’ Was all she could think of as she slowly started walking towards his direction.

“Kris.” She whispered, barely enough for anyone to hear. Kris flicked his eyes over to Eun Hee but immediately went back to Suzy who was still on her seat, trying to calm her nerves down. Confusion filled Eun Hee as he watched Kris run pass her and hurt quickly consumed her as he saw how Kris gathered Suzy in a hug.

“No.” Eun Hee whispered, stepping back into someone’s chest. She felt her knees give out as she stared at the scene before her.

Kris pulled away first and looked into Suzy’s eyes “Where is he? Is he okay?” Kris asked, his heart thumping in his chest. Suzy nodded “He’s in the operating room, they’re stitching him up. They said he has a concussion and may slip into a coma since his head is still to fragile.” She broke into a fresh sob as she said this; Kris held her face in his hand gently and kissed away every tear in her face. Everyone froze at the action.

Eun Hee gasped and felt her knees give out from under her. She couldn’t stop her tears anymore. The raw pain she felt was unspeakable. Kris and Suzy turned to her. Suzy looking concerned while Kris merely stared at her in confusion. Tao held Eun Hee up while the others backed away but watched them like a hawk.

“Unnie, gwenchana? What happened?” Suzy asked but Eun Hee only stared at Kris with hurt filled eyes.

“Do you remember me?” Eun Hee asked Kris bluntly, her voice wavering, her lips trembling and her hands were shaking with fear.

Fear that he might say-

“No.” Kris answered, giving her a blank look. Suzy gasped as she started to connect the dots. Obviously Kris had amnesia and he had friends looking for him all along. Before anyone could say anything, Suzy spoke.

“All of you knew Kris, didn’t you?” Every head turned to her but no one spoke.

“Yes, that is if he’s the same Kris and not just a look a like.” Tao answered, deciding things were already very tense. He slowly wrapped his arms around Eun Hee’s waist, gaining Kris’ attention.

“It’s impossible for him to be a look a like though.” Tao added as an after thought.

“Why don’t you remember?” Eun Hee asked in a small voice still staring at Kris, somehow hoping that his memory would suddenly appear.

 

Kris stared back at Eun Hee, everyone waiting for his answer. He didn’t know the girl in front of him but he thought, that maybe he meant a lot to her. ‘Maybe we’re siblings.’ He thought to himself but suddenly felt anger rise in his chest. ‘All these years they didn’t even bother looking for me.’

“Maybe you just aren’t that important in my life.” He answered coldly, before gripping Suzy’s hand and dragging her away from them, bringing her to the canteen which wasn’t that far. Ignoring the look in Eun Hee’s face as he said it.

“Kris, maybe you should talk to them.” Suzy suggested. Kris shook his head firmly.

“Okay, if you won’t I will. They at least deserve an explanation. And I can’t leave my spot there. Minwoo might be out any minute now.” She was about to go but Kris pulled her back against his chest and hugged her tight.

“Suzy, I know this isn’t really the time for this but I just, with everything that’s happening and that  is probably about to happen.” Kris suddenly pulled away from the hug and fished a velvet box out of his pocket and opened it. “Bae Suzy, will you marry me?” He asked automatically kneeling on one knee as the attendants and some people stared at her, waiting for her answer.

A smile slowly eased into Suzy’s features as she nodded and held her hand out so Kris could slide the ring into it. Kris stood up and planted a kiss on her lips.

“I love you.” Kris said, but as he did, Eun Hee’s broken face entered his mind.

“Nado.” Suzy replied, giving him a small peck before pulling away, saying she needed to explain things to Eun Hee and the others. Kris merely nodded and sat on a chair with some people congratulating him on the way.

 

Suzy exited the canteen and ran back to where Eun Hee and the others were, hoping they were still there. And they were, except the sight broke her heart. Eun Hee was crying, heart wrenching sobs on the floor while Tao held her tight, trying to soothe her. Which doesn’t seem to be working.

Tiffany, G.Na and Ailee were on the chairs with Xiu Min, Chen, Lu Han and Lay looking at Eun Hee and Tao helplessly. They have never felt as helpless as they did at the moment.

“Unnie.” Suzy stated, bending down so she see Eun Hee clearly.

“Please. Please Suzy, bring him back to me.” Eun Hee begged, crying so much that Suzy wouldn’t have understood what she said if it wasn’t for the pin dropping silence. Suzy felt confused.

“W-what exactly was Kris to you?” She asked, fearing the answer.

“My husband.” Eun Hee answered, bringing her hand out and showing her ring to Suzy who immediately slipped the ring off Eun Hee’s finger and peered at the inside of the ring. She gasped when she read it.

Kris, my love, my forever.

“No.” Suzy replied, making Tao glare at her immediately while Eun Hee just stared at her in confusion and hurt.

“What?” Eun Hee asked.

“Kris and I are getting married. He doesn’t remember you, he barely knows you anymore. It’s best if you just leave and stop messing with us.” But before Suzy could stand and walk away, Tiffany held her in place and slapped her hard.

“YOU DISRESPECTING HOME WRECKER! DON’T YOU DARE TELL US TO LEAVE! THESE PEOPLE COME FROM FAMILIES YOU DO NOT WANT TO MESS WITH AND THEY CAN CHARGE YOU WITH KIDNAPPING AND THEY SURE AS HELL CAN TAKE YOUR BROTHER AWAY FROM YOU.“ Tiffany screamed with anger as Suzy’s eyes hardened with fear.

“Tiff, stop.” Eun Hee said weakly. She stood up, Tao assisting her and turned to Suzy with pleading eyes.

“Give me two months. Just two months to make him remember everything. If he doesn’t remember me at all, then I promise to leave you for good.” Eun Hee begged.

“One month.” Suzy bargained.

“Two months or you’re leaving this hospital with out a brother.” Tao warned.

“We can even put you to jail.” Xiu Min added.

“It’s actually very easy to make a simple accident turn into something like child abuse, don’t you think Lu Han?” Lay asked.

“With money? Of course.” Lu Han answered.

“Actually, make it five months.” G.Na spoke.

“And we can use every method we wish to.” Ailee added.

“You’re monsters!” Suzy yelled, pointing at them.

“Well, you’re the one breaking a family! If you didn’t already know, they’re husband and wife which means they already said vows. In a church, before the Lord. Not only are you breaking something sacred but also are you committing a very very very very grave sin.” Tiffany said, earning stunned looks from her friends. They never knew Tiffany can be smart at times.

“So is it a deal?” Xiu Min asked, smirking at the already shaking Suzy.

“Fine.” She replied in defeat.

“Well that was easy oh and YOU DO NOT TELL KRIS ABOUT THIS OR ELSE.” G.Na warned. Eun Hee stepped away from Tao and engulfed Suzy in a hug.

“I know you weren’t willing but thanks any way.” 

 

Hey guys! I admit... this is not the best chapter I have written... but yeah... sorry for that... :l 

i love you!

please don't forget to comment and subscribe! :)