The First Time We Met

Finding Love

'Byun Baekhyun, what was he doing here?'

"Hey are you Chanyeol?"

"Yeah. How do you know my name?"

"Oh er the nurse told me your name. Sorry for your loss by the way"

"No its okay."

Baekhyun looks at the chair beside Chanyeol's bed. Chanyeol catches what he's looking at.

"Hey do you mind..." "I don't mind, You can sit here" "Thanks"

"Sir here's your breakfast. Do you want me to feed you?"

"No its okay. I can feed him. Thank you" The nurse leaves

"Er you don't have to.." "I want to"

Baekhyun uses the fork and asks Chanyeol to open his mouth. Chanyeol willingly opens his mouth and eats the scrambled egg. 

"I'm sorry that my friend crashed to your friend's car. He was drunk. We were drunk so I asked him to drive. I'm so sorry"

"How's your friend?" "Oh he didn't make it" Baekhyun looks away, tears falling down his moist eyes

Chanyeol holds Baekhyun face, turns it to face him. Their noses are inches away from each others. Chanyeol wipes Baekhyun tears away.

"Erm Baekhyun, you need to go back now. You have a tight schedule tomorrow so you need plenty of rest." Baekhyun's manager interupts

"Okay, I have to go I'm sorry. I'll visit you soon okay" Baekhyun goes towards the door, stops and looks back, "You do know who I am right?"

Chanyeol smiles. Baekhyun smiles back and leaves.

A week later

Chanyeol is discharged but he walks away with a sense of disappointment. Baekhyun never visited him once after that day. Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun broke his promise. 

Chanyeol walks to the nearest bus stop and sits down, waiting for his bus home to come. Suddenly, he hears screaming and shouting. He wonders where are the shouts coming from. Girls are running towards the direction of the hospital but couldn't see clearly, His bus comes eventually and he boards the bus. The bus starts moving towards the direction of where the girls were running. He looks from his seat and sees Byun Baekhyun entering the entrance of the hospital. 'What was he doing there? Was he planning on visiting me?"

Baekhyun arrives at Chanyeol's ward and sees that he is not there. "Oh nurse, where is the patient in this ward?" "Oh he got discharged today sir." "Oh thank you" Baekhyun leaves the hospital and enters the car. "Chauffeur, we can go now." "Ok sir"

Baekhyun leaves with regret of not visiting him more often.

Home Sweet Home

Chanyeol drops his bags and stars crying when he enters the house, he looks around the house reminiscing the good memories with Suho. watching movies together, studying together, cooking together and eating together, sometimes even sleeping together. That reminds him of the first day they moved in together. Chanyeol was scared of thunder so Suho asked him to sleep with him so that his fear would be gone. Chanyeol shivers in fear while Suho pats his back and sings a lullbay. Chanyeol easily falls asleeep.

Next day

He wakes up on Suho's bed and goes to shower. He starts packing Suho's items into empty boxes and brings them down to the lobby. He flags a taxi and is going to Suho parents' place. He feels scared. 'How am I going to face them? Where am I gonna put my face?Oh god I feel so ashamed of myself.'

Chanyeol arrives at the gate of the house, he rings the bell, but there was no answer. He rings the bell again and the gate opens by itself, telling him to let himself in. He takes off his shoes and enters the 2 storeys-high house. He sees Mrs Kim sitting on the couch with a tissue in her hand, looking out the window.

"Good after-" "What do you want? What's your purpose here? What have you come to tell me? That you're innocent? That his death was not your fault! I don't want you to step foot in my house ever again! Don't come back here! Get out!"

Chanyeol leaves the boxes beside the couch and leaves. Mrs Kim glances at the boxes and sees words 'Suho's Precious' Mrs Kim instantly breaks down, crying a river of sadness. Chanyeol flags another taxi, tearing during the ride home.

Level 12

Chanyeol exits the lift and approaches the gate of his apartment, he sees a bouquet of flowers on the floor. He wonders whose the sender. He picks it up and looks at the card and the sender was Byun Baekhyun