Prologue for PART II

Part-Time, Over-qualified

One Shot (Part Time, Over Qualified should still be read) (might be a "prologue" for part 2 but can't promise)

10/25/2014 -because its avail at work and I need to get out of this reality.

-super minimal proofread. sorry. see you later chinguya!

* It's not always about proximity that holds a strong relationship. It's a mixture of everything wonderful and some twist of bad shiz that makes up, well, the 'wonderful' moments.

Factors like the environment and the individuals effort composes a somewhat satisfying to a succesful relationship. AND it should always work both ways.

Dating an almost-idol (what more if its an idol) is as complicated as keeping a huge secret that can only be revealed over one's dead body. Morbid as it sounds, its the closest comparison.

Arian really liked Minhyuk and the feelings were mutual since that night they confessed to each other. They dated, and even though its clear as a brand new day that they are 'together' - Minhyuk still asked her after one month to make it official. Ofcourse, she said YES.

*

If fangirling is a profession, Arian would already have her PhD degree. She knows the workarounds, secrets, dramas, and everything else in between to understand how 'serious' it is to become a fan. Behind those happiness were emotional investments, time, money and endless effort. One-sided, crazy, unconditional love - it all sums up merely as a supporter's love. Being passionate is the top key but it should be balanced with sanity.

A fan needs to protect her idol. From their activities to their private life. Their love life.

So having to date her own real-life idol, she's gaining some knowledge from first-hand experience.

*

It was hard on both sides.

Arian's back on her track with her regular day job and fangirling activities. What's new in her life is that she gained a new set of 'family' and still wanted to help around the bar if needed. And ofcourse, a boyfriend.

A boyfriend whom she supports wholeheartedly and whom she adjusts her busy schedule just for them to see each other. It was okay on the first few weeks, they meet, eat, talk, watch movies, take a walk. She accompany him to some practices after a long's daty work, she helps him study for school, and she listens/judges on his new compositions. She cooks and visited his place sometime where she literally cleaned every corner of his mini pigpen- boys will be boys, but she's loving the girlfriend duties.

Everyone know Minhyuk's path to fame - he's almost there but just waiting for the perfect opportunity. Or rather, opportunities has always been there but have been waiting for him - he just won't push music without getting a degree first. He did. Arian was so proud of him.

The company he's to sign up with started his official training schedules. He's got the dance, vocals, instruments, and rapping classes. He's got his hands full along side his part time jobs.

In Minhyuk's contract, he's not allowed to perform anywhere now. They are lessening his exposures, as they prepare him for bigger acts.

Minhyuk did one last performance in the bar - his followers quite aware of what he's up to. It was a semi-exclusive party where they sent out invitations frist to people who matters and Minhyuk personally hand-picked his supporters to be included in the list. Then they opened the remaining seats to the public/

Arian was given the privilege to be the head organizer and she gave her best shot.

*

Minhyuk moved to a place closer to where he trains and got a new part time job as a barista at the coffee shop across the street. It was also closer to where Arian lives.

It should have given them more time to be together. But it was the opposite.

With Minhyuk living closer to his new place, he tends to do overtime at training - aiming perfection even at the slightest move, there's always a flaw in his eyes. He'll practice till he drops and only comes home to take a quick shower, dress up, go to his part time and do the same routine again.

If it's too much for Minhyuk to come home or visit his girlfriend's place, Arian will cook for him food that will last for at least 2 days. As long as there is microwave, he's all good.

At the least they get to see each other during Minhyuk's 10-minute break.

*

Arian was promoted. She now handles VIPs who rents their luxurious packages. Its not only buses and pension villages for her, it's coasters and hotels now. Sometimes, airplanes.

She tends to be away for days specially during the weekends, and with her new position it demanded more of her time and skills.

She's grateful for her promotion and she just gives back all her effort to the company who trusted her. Minhyuk was supportive, he cheers his girlfriend just the way she cheers him.

*

Everytime Minhyuk gets a free time, he'll ran to whereever Arian is - just to see her and hope they can grab quick bites.

Minhyuk got in the bus towards her office as he sent her a text message. He smiled, looking at the box of donuts in his lap, and waited for her reply.

His phone went off. She's apologizing since she was sent to an important meeting outside their office. He was disappointed but he understands. He should understand.

He got down to the next bus stop and walked his way to the bar he use to work as a performer. It'll be nice to be surrounded with old friends.

*

Communication. What good is proximity without proper communication? Arian and Minhyuk tried their best to keep it. They'd send text messages and call each other. They sent pictures and do skype as much as possible. They made plans, set the date for their dates on their organizers. The alarm will go off but there's always a valid excuse for not making it. Work comes first.

Priorities. It's a mutual understanding, their own lives are their priorities. They would not want to interfere on each other's career but as much as possible they include each other on the plans for the future.

*

At some point, it all fell apart. Other people demanded more of their time and attention. They'd still meet but it felt more like an obligation, hugs and kisses a security fallback to say they are 'okay'. They're made for each other, that's what they think, so why let go of such treasure?

*

Minhyuk stared at his phone. His 'create message' window open, the cursor blinking as his minds ticks of what to put in his text message.

-I mis~ *erase* -How ar~ *erase* -Baegopa... *erase*

His thoughts seemed irelevant. He sighed and pushed on the button for standby mode.

*

Arian glanced on her phone every minute, waiting for that special tone she customized just for him. She waited for she knew or felt it that it's time for him to text randomness and it'll spark a conversation.

She waited.

Her phone chimed in but it was her boss calling.

*

He wondered what's happening.

She wondered if they can fix it.

He wondered how's she doing.

She wondered if he misses her.

Minhyuk tap for his messages.

Arian tap for her messages.

'Let's talk. ' He typed in.

'Can I see you?' She typed in.

They hit on sent and it's just a second when they received each other's messages.