Moderato II

Floating

After spending the rest of the day swimming and playing by the lakeside, Minseok and Luhan caught the last bus back to the city. They didn't let go of each others hand the whole ride home.

"Why don't you come stay at my place tonight? Minseok asked, Luhan's fingers.

"I shouldn't. Mom would worry."

"Then how about I stay at your place?"

"Yeah. I think that would be OK. We have some extra blankets and the couch is pretty comfortable."

Minseok turned and looked at the other boy, his face shocked. "You would make your boyfriend sleep on the couch!?" He turned back to the front of the bus, his lips pushed out in a pout. "I won't stay unless I get to sleep with you. I need your cuddle."

Luhan laughed and pinched Minseok's cheek. "How can you be so cute and so handsome at the same time?"

The smaller boy responded by puffing his cheeks up, which just made Luhan laugh harder.

"So.", Minseok said, as he jumped off the bus at the bus stop. "I really liked hearing your voice today... your non-whispering voice, I mean. Not that your whispering voice isn't nice, because it is....." Minseok turned to Luhan. "What I'm trying to say is... I hope you will speak up more from now on. It makes me really happy."

Biting his lip, Luhan duckd his head. "I may need some practice. You know, until it comes naturally."

Reaching out, Minseok pulled him closer and kissed him gently on the lips. "I'm here for you anytime you need someone to practice with. I'd even be happy listening to you recite your mothers menu over and over again."

Luhan sighed and shook his head. "How about we just talk. About stuff. Do you still want to stay the night?"

Minseok squinted his eyes and cocked his head to the side. "Do I get cuddles?"

The other boy laughed and put his hands on Minseok's cheeks and kissed him back. "All the cuddles you want."

The house was dark when they arrived at Luhan's. There was a post it on the fridge from his mother, saying that she went to her friends house to play cards. Luhan unpacked the empty food containers from his bag, which smelled of honey, then went and threw it and the blanket into the washing machine. When he came back into the kitchen, Minseok was running soapy water into the sink so that he could clean the containers.

"You don't have to do that.", Luhan said, trying to push him out of the way.

Minseok pushed him away with his hip. "I want to. I have to pay for my shower and bed tonight somehow."

"OK. Well, I am going to go ahead and shower while you do that."

"Wait for me! We will save water if we shower together!", Minseok said, scrubbing the dishes furiously.

"No. Take your time. I'll be out in 5 minutes.", Luhan said, smiling. Then he cleared his throat and louder he said, "After you shower, we will go to my room and talk."

Minseok turned to look at him, a smile spreading across his face. "And cuddle?"

Luhan rolled his eyes and smirked. "Yes, and cuddle."

Once they were both showered, Luhan gave Minseok some of his sweats and a T-shirt to wear, then threw their clothes into the washer and started the load. Luhan went back to his bedroom just as Minseok pulled the shirt over his head.

"It's a little tight."

Luhan walked over and pulled on the hem of the t-shirt, stretching it. "It's ok. It's an old t-shirt anyway. The only time I wear it is around the house. I went ahead and started the laundry. You clothes will be ready in the morning."

"It's nice."

Luhan kept stretching the hem of the shirt out. "You can keep it if you like it."

The other boy laughed and pulled him into a hug. "No. Your voice is nice."

Luhan wrapped his arms around Minseok and squeezed him back. "Thank you. I'm actually starting to believe that."

Minseok let him go and laid down on the bed, patting the spot next to him. Luhan turned off the overhead light and climbed into bed next to him where they quietly laid for awhile, just looking at one another.

Reaching out and, Minseok ran his thumb across Luhan's lips. "I hope one day you will say it?"

"Say what?"

"That you love me too."

Luhan kissed Minseok's thumb.

Moving his hand to brush the hair out of the other boys face, Minseok smiled a small smile. "That will be my happiest day. But for now, how about them cuddles?"