Allegro

Floating

The next week seemed to go by in a blink of an eye for Luhan. Minseok had essentially moved in with him and his mother. They ate together, did their homework together, laughed together, spent every moment together. But Luhan's favorite time was when they just laid in bed with their legs entangled, talking.

"I want to be a singer." Luhan said, one day.

Minseok propped himself up on his elbow. "Then do it. We can use the sound booth at school to make you a demo. I used to mess around with mixing back in the US, so I can edit it for you."

He sighed. "Even if I were to make a demo, there is no way anyone would sign me. They would probably throw the demo out without even listening to it."

Leaning down, Minseok kissed Luhan's lips lightly and touched his cheek. "No they wouldn't. And anyone who heard you sing would instantly fall in love with you."

Luhan pulled him into another kiss and thought, "What did I do to deserve a love like this?"

The next morning they got to school at 4am. That gave them almost 4 hours to work on Luhan's demo before people started showing up for classes.  It was tough, singing the same words and lines over and over again, but the song Minseok had chosen was beautiful and Luhan couldn't wait to hear the final product.

"Your part is done now. I will work on it tonight when we get home and hopefully have it finished by the end of the week."

Luhan rubbed his hands together nervously. "Maybe we should just keep it for ourselves. You know? Like just make music for ourselves, and my mom."

Gathering his things, Minseok went and stood in front of his lover. "Why would I need cd's of you singing when I can listen to you sing live for me? I want to share your voice with the world." he said and Luhan into sweet kiss that lingered on his lips long after it was over.

School had been different for Luhan since he had shown up a week prior with his new hair cut. And with Minseok proudly at his side he couldn't help but feel a bit more confidence. Luhan didn't expect the other kids to react as they did to his new look though. The girls, in particular, had begun to take a keen interest in him. He would catch them taking pictures or video of him with their cell phones in class and in the hallways. When class let out for lunch thay would surround him, trying to talk to him and give him gifts of food or candy. Only when Minseok would come to his rescue would they leave him alone. Then they would stand a little ways away and take pictures of the two of them, giggling and snickering amongst themselves. Today was no different. 

"You better get used to it.", Minseok said at lunch. They where eating under a tree on the edge of the schools soccer field. "When you get famous it will get a lot worse. Might as well practice your fanservice on them."

"Fan service?", Luhan asked, dipping a cherry tomato into his dressing and popping it into his mouth.

"Watch this." Minseok turned to the girls huddled together and smiled brightly then gave them a small wave. A chorus of giggles and gasps erupted from the girls. Then he made a heart with his hands which set off a flurry of clicks as they took pictures with their phones. "But if you really want to make them crazy, then you do something like this."  Minseok leaned over to Luhan until they were barely 6 inches apart, and wiped the smudge of dressing from Luhan's bottom lip.  Screams erupted from the group of girls.

One of them yelled, " I TOLD YOU ES THAT XIUHAN WAS REAL!!!"

Luhan blushed to the roots of his hair and ducked his head.

"Well, atleast we know that they approve of our love.", Minseok said with a chuckle.

However, not everyone was happy with the changes Luhan had been making. There were several boys, not just in their class, that resented the fact that the girls had become so enamored with Luhan and Minseok. A couple of them walked over to where Minseok and Luhan sat under the tree.

"So you think you are so ing hot now that you got a new hairstyle, Luhan? Acting like you are the ?" the biggest boy scoffed.

Minseok rolled his eyes. "Like you are one to talk, Kris. I remember how you looked in middle school. You've obviously worked hard to make changes too."

The tall boy flinched and balled his fist. "I thought I recognized your name, Minseok. I just didn't recognize you with out all that blubber you used to carry around. How about I shove your face into the toilet like I used to, for old times sake?"

Luhan felt his anger rise and stood up.

Minseok stood up and pushed him back down. "Let me handle this."

He went to stand in front of the group of boys and looked at all of them. "I'm not that scared, little, fat kid anymore, Kris. I can defend myself now."

Kris and his friends looked around at one another and laughed.

"You are right. You're not a fat anymore. Now you are just a , like that little princess Luhan."

Kris hit the ground before he even knew what had hit him. Minseok was on top of him, one hand gripping the bigger boys shirt while he slammed his other fist into his face over and over again.

"Don't you ever talk about Luhan, you er!"

Too shocked by the sudden attack, Kris's friends just stood there, their mouths hanging open. 

After what seemed like an eternity, but was in reality only a few seconds, a couple of teachers ran over and pulled Minseok off of Kris. The other boy sat up and wiped the blood from his nose.

"I'm going to make you pay for this, ." Then he got up and walked away, hs friends close on his heels.

The teacher holding Minseok by the shoulders and turned to Luhan. "Bring his stuff to the office. Minseok won't be coming back to class."

Then he walked toward the building, pulling Minseok behind him. Luhan gathered up their belongings and ran after them, still trying to process what had just happened. 

After Luhan dropped off Minseok's bag off at the office he made his way to the spot where he had heard other kids say you could get over the wall easily. There was no way that Luhan would be staying at school today after what had happened. He would be too worried about Minseok to be able to concentrate, and the look that Kris had given him spoke volumes as well. Luhan went straight home and waited, pacing in front of the door, for Minseok to get home.

After an hour, he called the other boys phone. "Where are you? I'm waiting for you at home. Are you OK?"  Luhan said when Minseok picked up.

"I'm at my place. I'll be there later. There is something I needed to do here.", Minseok said, then sighed. "I'm glad you went home though. I hope you aren't mad at me."

"Why would I be mad at you? You were defending us. I'm just still a little shocked that you actually got into a fight."' Luhan said, biting his lip. "Are you sure you are OK?"

Minseok chuckled, "My hand hurts a little and I'm pissed about getting suspended for two weeks, but otherwise, I'm fine. Look, I am just picking up a few things and then I'll head over. OK?"

Luhan sighed in relief. "OK. I'll see you soon."