Chapter 5: Accommodating.

A Tale of A Backpacker

 

 

elloericaa.tumblr.com

follow me, know what's up, that's what's up.

 

 

 


There are just so many places in the world to visit. From the majestic Himalayas to the Great Plains and everything in between, I've wanted to visit these places. I made a list, containing all the names of visitable civilizations, so that I can keep track of the many places. China, several parts of Europe, the Philippines, almost every American city, Korea, Mexico, Canada, and now London are crossed of my list... 

"Crossing another place off my list," I thought as I was buttoning my white blouse. I picked up my phone to check the time, it was about 8 am. "Breakfast sounds good right now." 

Before I left the room, my eyes scanned the room for a brief second to check if I brought everything I needed. Camera? Check. Phone? Check. Money? Check. Passport and ID hidden in backpack? Check. 

My mother would be proud of my effort at being responsible. Whenever we went on vacation, I was always extra baggage compared to being an aid in our travels. 


"Hana, you are so irresponsible," scolded my mother. 

I was in deep trouble. While checking out of our hotel in Las Angelos, I accidently left my passport on the counter of the front desk. We walked out of the hotel, hopped into an awaiting taxi, then sped of towards the airport. 

Halfway through the trip, I ped my bag to pick up my I-Pod. While searching for the music device, I suddenly remembered my passport. After a few minutes of quick discussion, the corners of the taxi driver's mouth began to face up and he quickly u-turned the taxi. 

"I'll be more responsible. I promise," I assured my mother.

 


"Mom, look, I am a responsible adult now!' I said. With a small chuckle, I stepped out of the room and closed the door behind me. After a few steps and an elevator ride down I was having breakfast in the Hostel's self-serve kitchen. A breakfast of cereal and milk was always my favorite. While stirring my cereal in the bowl, I began to read my tourist guidebook. 

I already decided that I would be taking my explorations slow. Just for Day One, I'd shop around the surrounding area, then meet back here for whatever Hoya wanted to take me. I laughed a little when I thought of my plans. I still couldn't believe that I was letting myself explore a strange city with a complete stranger. 

"At least he's cute," I mumbled as I put down my book. 

"Who's cute?" smiled Hoya as my book reached the table. Hoya was on the other side of the table, with a bowl of cereal and milk similar to mine. He sat there smiling at me..

My eyes widened and I almost fell out of my seat. Hoya completely snuck up on me; I wasn't afraid to say that I was totally shocked. Still not gaining my composure, I asked, "How long have you been there?"

"A short while," Hoya said while pouring milk into his cereal, "I got here right before you called a man cute. So, who is the lucky man?"

"David Beckham," I smoothly lied, "He is a very handsome man."

Hoya chuckled, "I can totally agree with you there. I am completely straight, but his soccer moves make me fanboy. But, changing the subject, I actually called you from across the kitchen, but you didn't hear me." He shook his head at me and began to munch of his Frosted Flakes. 

"You did? I didn't hear you."

"I know you didn't. You seemed to concentrated on planning your day, because your nose was all the way into that tourist book." he said while pointing at my book with his spoon. 

"I was just looking for the best local shops!" I yelled defensively, 

"You don't need that! You have me! I finished my paperwork last night. A tourist guide is way better than a dumb, old book," he teased, "Plus, I am as good-looking as David Beckham."

I let out a loud laugh, "You're funny Hoya, I'll give you that. But, are you sure you're okay with taking me around? I am a complete stranger." I wanted to know if it bothered him as much as it bothered me. 

"It doesn't bother me," he said, "As a hostel owner you have to be sure that you can accommodate the needs of all your guests, that includes companionship. When you run a hostel, you meet new people all the time. I find that some of my closest and longest-lasting friends come from the groups of people who stayed here."

"Oh, okay, then feel free to show me anywhere!" I said more comfortably. 

"I will," he assured, "Now hurry and finish your breakfast. We have a lot to do, oh and, your cereal is soggy now."

 

 


hey guys. 

sorry that I haven't updated in a few days, one of my best friends stayed for a few days.

so, is it okay so far?

I am getting worred that I am going on the same track as MOFB where they fall in love in a second >< IT WON'T HAPPEN. 

I'm also worried about the amount of dialogue. Tell me if it's too much, cause if it is then I'll lower it. 

thanks!

subscribe, comment, enjoy! (:

<3