Chapter 10: Night On the Town (Part 2)

A Tale of A Backpacker

 

elloericaa.tumblr.com

follow me, know what's up, that's what's up.


The automatic slid open, leaving enough room for Hoya and I to hop out of the train, still hand-in-hand. Hoya pulled me across the platform, laughing at practically nothing, while trying as fast as he could to get onto the London streets. We just chatted and walked once we were out of the train station. The walk was peaceful. We admired the every feature of the London streets, taking in the old architecture and modern ones that clashed together. We even stood in awe at the skillful graffiti that was painted on the sides of many buildings.

Hoya led the way, because I had no idea where I was going. Streets passed by, but I couldn't recognize a single one. “We just turn this corner, and we’ll see it straight ahead,” he insisted.

And just like he guaranteed, it was just down the street, looking at us with all of its glory. Down the street, the Eye, an enormous Ferris wheel located in central London, called out to us. 

“Can we ride it?” I asked.

Hoya looked at his watch. “We can if we run,” he said with a smile. Before either of Hoya’s feet could even lift the ground, I sped off towards the giant Ferris wheel, hoping that I would have the chance to ride it.

We made it just in time to catch the last evening ride. Together, Hoya and I paid then boarded the oval shaped, glass capsule. The Eye wasn’t an ordinary Ferris wheel, but instead, it had giant, glass capsules that could fit almost twenty people inside of it. Besides an elder couple, maybe in their thirties or forties, there was no one else in the ride.

Once inside, the Ferris wheel began to move, stopping high enough for us to see the full London skyline. All the lights glimmered in the city, shining so brightly in the darkness, almost like stars.

“I love coming up here. It’s my favorite place to be,” Hoya asked, “Isn’t it beautiful?”

I nodded, “How can you resist coming up here everyday? If I lived here, I’d pay those thirty pounds (British currency) just to look at the view, every night.”

“I keep busy,” Hoya stated.

“It must to be so busy all of the time. It wouldn’t hurt to take a rest once in awhile, maybe come up here and just take the sights in,” I said.

“I guess,” Hoya replied.

He brushed the idea away and then stood close to me. We both leaned our arms on the railings of the capsule, leaving us comfortable enough to look through the glass. He pointed out significant landmarks, ones that I should check out before I leave. While taking photos, I asked if he would show me these places, and in reply he gave me a shrug.

Once the ride was done, the atmosphere changed. Before the ride, we laughed, screamed, and joked down the streets of London. Now, Hoya seemed to be in his phase of deep thought.

He walked ahead of me. He was in such deep thought that I believed that he forgot about me. Almost instinctively, I took my camera out and took pictures of him walking away from me. I still don’t know why I took those photos, but it had to do with something I wanted to remember about Hoya: the way he looked absolutely gorgeous when he was in deep thought.

“Hana,” Hoya said, stopping in his tracks.

I put the camera down quickly, letting it slide down to my side. “Yeah?” I asked.

“Hurry up,” he said with a smile. There he goes again, just changing his attitude on whim.

“Bipolar mother fu—“ I mumbled underneath my breath. I caught up to him, and as if the Ferris wheel incident never happened, we joked and laughed down the streets.

“Where should we go now?” Hoya asked.

I looked at my watch. It was almost 5am. Our time disappeared, vanished right before our eyes. “You want to head back? I think we're in need of showers, because I’m pretty sure we both stink,” I joked.

Hoya chuckled, “I’m pretty sure that I smell fine, but you on the other hand—“

“HEY!” I yelled, with a frown. I pulled the collar of my shirt to my nose, trying to smell the scents of sweat or anything else. “Do I really smell bad?”

Hoya continued to laugh and said, “No, you smell fine, but if it makes you feel better, we can head to the car and I have some sprays I can lend you. My mom stuffed one in there in case of emergencies. After, let’s eat breakfast and head home?”

I nodded and we agreed to do just that. After a quick train ride and a few steps, we were back in Hoya’s car. He gave me spray that smelled like lavender, and I proceeded to spray my entire body with it. He stepped out of the car to spray cologne on himself. When we both felt that we smelled decent, we drove out of the parking lot.

The sun was beginning to rise. The orange and yellow hues were rising on the horizon. The colors mixed with the darkness, slowing shadowing what was once the night sky. It reminded me the sunset I saw yesterday at dinner, just the opposite.

“We’re heading to my favorite place for breakfast, is that okay?” Hoya asked.

“It’s not McDonalds right?” I asked with a smirk.

Hoya exaggerated a gasp, “How did you know? Darn, I guess I’ll have to take you somewhere better.”

“Surprise me,” I said.

Hoya surprised me, alright. By the time we reached our destination, the sun was fully out and shining its rays on us. He took me to an adorable café, furnished to the tee with modern yet retro styled pieces. It was named the Riding House Café. The food blew my mind. Their muffins and eggs were delicious, making my taste buds sing in joy. And with hearty stomachs, and smiles on our faces, Hoya drove us back to the Hostel.

“Well, I think I’m going to sleep for a few hours then maybe head out tonight,” I stated, “Do you want to join me?”

Deep inside, I wished that he did. The company that he gave me yesterday was warming, the warmest and most secure I’ve felt in awhile. Just having someone like Hoya to talk to while on vacation was nice.

“I’ll see,” Hoya, replied, “I got stuff to work on.”

“I understand,” I said, dejectedly. The tone of my voice must have come out, because I said Hoya shift uncomfortable, “Thanks again, Hoya. Last night was truly memorable.”

I waved goodbye and hopped into the elevator. Before the doors shut, I saw his mother, Madam ChoHee, about finally doing something rebellious. I smiled sadly. I couldn’t help, but feel a bit bitter knowing that Hoya just didn’t have the time to repeat what we did tonight.

Before I entered my room, I let out a sigh.

It’s just the way life is.


confession: I have this insane envy for some writers here on AFF and on livejournal. I swear, writers like almost_asian, keena_choding, and summerchild and ALL writers on livejournal continue to make me envious with their writing styles, plotlines, and interesting characters. Jesus, maybe one day I'll be that good.

oh and are there any hoya fans watching his new drama? I'm in love with it! and everytime I see him onscreen, I freak out a little. 

well, thanks for reading! another chapter coming soon.