Chapter 9

The Successful Woman's Guide in Finding yourself

The next morning, I woke up completely dazed. I shifted around under the white blankets trying to feel for a way out. The sun was blinding causing me to not move any further. Instead, I had looked over at the clock that read 11:00. 

That's when I noticed what had happened last night. 

I looked over to find no Junho anywhere. Hoping he was gone for the day, I quickly jumped out of bed and into the shower. The quick clean up only reminded me of last night. 

"One day, Kyunggie, I plan on making you my wife.""I love you... Lee Eun Kyung." stuck in my head like super glue. 

There was no way in hell I'd be able to face Junho. I just saw him yesterday and I already had slept with him! ​I was indeed going out, but not with Junho or Seunghyun. I needed personal time.

I got out of the shower and quickly pulled on an oversized burgundy sweater and black tights. I neatly combed my hair into a bob and pulled the bangs back. My make-up was light and my perfume was floral. I wasn't striving to look like a drop dead diva. 

​I walked downstairs as halmeoni opened the front door. 

"Hey, Halmeoni. Where are you going?" I asked grabbing my purse. 

"Just to visit some friends." She said stepping onto the porch. "I'll be back later tonight. Oh! And be sure to visit your parents. They miss you, you know." 

​I smiled and nodded in agreement with her as I began stuffing my brown leather satchel with my wallet. She closed the door and I was alone in the house. 

Eventually, I decided to go wherever the wind took me.

Just as I opened the door, there stood Seunghyun, preparing to knock on the door. 

Once again, he looked flawless. The sun on his face made his skin look creamy. It had a beautiful glow. His blonde hair was perfectly sculpted and his navy blue blazer and black v-neck fell perfectly over his torso. 

"S-Seunghyun..." I stuttered. 

"Sorry for showing up on such a short notice." He quickly said. "I was going to ask if you wanted to go for a walk, but it looks like you have somewhere to be." He said looking me up and down. 

"N-No, actually. I was just going to hang around." I said pulling my satchel over my head. 

"W-Well, can I join you?" He mumbled. 

​How could I reject him? He was too nice and he was a really great guy. Besides... I didn't come here for Junho nor was I wish him. I could do whatever I wanted, right? 

I smiled. "Sure. Why not?" 

He smiled back and shifted to the side, allowing me to pass. I locked the door and made my way to the sidewalk. He followed me and grabbed my hand, and smiled. 

---------------------------------------------

"You are something else." I said chuckling. 

The walk with Seunghyun was exactly what I needed to get my mind off of yesterday. 

"No, no. You're clearly something else. There's no one else like you." He said looking at the ground, smiling. 

​I only smiled. The day was perfect. The sun was out. The breeze was nice. Everyone around us seemed so relaxed. I let in a breath of fresh air and sighed out heavily. The sun's warmth felt good on my skin. The quiet sound of the hustle and bustle around us was calming. 

​We walked until we came to a small park and found a bench to sit on. 

"Eun, we haven't known each other for that long, but you really do make me feel good." Seunghyun began. "I haven't felt like this in a long time. I'm always so caught up with work, family, and friends. I never have time to please myself."

"I know where you're coming from." I agreed, thinking of my redundant life in the states. 

"I guess we're a lot alike." He chuckled. "You've made me smile more than anyone in such a short amount of time. That makes you special, Eun." 

​I nodded, content with his opinions on me. 

He reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a bracelet. 

"Eun Kyung, this may be a little too straight forward, but... could you call me oppa from now on?" He said taking my hand. 

​Was this his way of asking me out? 

Before I could answer, he wrapped the bracelet around my wrist and latched it together. 

"Seunghyun..." I began.

​He looked up at me, his eyes big and waiting. He wanted me to answer his question whether he put on the bracelet or not. 

​I sighed and nodded. "Okay... Seunghyun oppa." 

​He pulled me into a hug. His cologne filled my nose, intoxicating me. Despite my thoughts, being in Seunghyun's arms the way I was felt special. Junho's grasp was a nice one, but Seunghyun's was special, warming... fresh. 

---------------------------------------------------

​When sunset became more and more apparent, we made our way back to halmeoni's house. 

"I had a great time." I said smiling. He was holding my hand. I couldn't help but to look down at the intertwined fingers. 

He smiled and said, "Me too." 

"There's this place that sells the best bulgolgi! We should check i-" I was cut off.

"Eun... I have to leave for a few days... I wanted to tell you earlier, but it was kind of last minute." 

​I stood with my mouth open trying to manage a complete sentence.

"I wanted to make sure you were mine before I left." He said, the guilt apparent in his voice. 

"I promise, when I get back, we can check it out." He kissed my forehead and began to walk down the porch stairs. He looked back and I could manage was a wave. 

When he turned the corner, I walked into the house, a little disappointed and confused as to why he left so suddenly. 

I set my bag on the table by the door and saw Junho on the couch. 

He looked up at me, his face red and his eyes full of fury. Seeing that automatically alerted me that he saw, and possibly heard, everything.

"Who was that?" He said, biting down, not separating his teeth.

I was pretty sure he had an idea of who Seunghyun oppa was, I was just to scared too answer. 

He suddenly darted up and over to me. Out of fear, I backed against the nearest wall. 

He hovered over me, breathing heavily. He slammed his hand onto the wall, enough to make me flinch. He turned around, sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair. And again, was back in my face. 

He pointed a finger at me and said, "Never again. I don't want to see you with him... ever." 

He grabbed his jacket in a hurry, wanting to let off some steam from what he had just witnessed, and fled out of the door. 

I flung myself on the couch, exhausted. I knew I should have started to pick up girls.