Chapter 11

The Successful Woman's Guide in Finding yourself

~2 Weeks Later....

It had been two weeks since I had heard from anyone.

Amanda was still avoiding Taecyeon, Junho still hasn't stormed back in since storming out, Taecyeon ignored my calls when I tried to help him, Halmeoni stayed out with her friends most of the time, and Seunghyun still wasn't back in town. 

​For the most part, I was enjoying the alone time quite a bit. I was able to put my thoughts together about what's happened since I got to Seoul. 

Seunghyun was the man I liked and Junho was the man I loved. I was finally able to accept that. The fact that I still loved Junho bothered me because that was proving him right and allowed him to get what he wanted. Call me selfish, but I didn't like it. He was my first love and I put our relationship to an end... So I thought. I came to Seoul to start anew, and Seunghyun was just what I needed to forget the past and start a promising future.

​I forced myself to stop thinking. I decided to focus on my time alone. 

It was a lazy Saturday night. Nothing special was going on. I was in my black silk pajamas I took from my old room when I was visiting my parents and had all of my hair pulled back into a high ponytail with a pink ribbon. 

​After trying to kill the hours by watching Korean variety shows, I heard a knock on the door. Automatically assuming it was halmeoni, I hopped off of the couch and ran to the door. 

"Seunghyun! Y-You're back!" I said, surprised. "When did you-"

"A few hours ago. I wanted to stop by and-" I cut him off and pulled him inside, completely ignoring that I wasn't looking my best. I was desperate for company. Any company. 

​He sat on the couch and laughed at me as I tripped over my own feet. I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Want to watch a movie?" I said regaining my composure. 

"Well, I was going to go home and knock out for the night, but why not?" He said making room for me on the small couch.

I turned out all of the lights except the light in the kitchen so the house wouldn't be too dark, plopped on the couch, and pushed play on the DVD remote, hoping there was a good movie already in place. 

​Just as I hoped, there was a great action movie in the DVD player Taecyeon was watching. I rested my head on Seunghyun's shoulder as he wrapped his large arm around my torso. 

​I didn't mind watching a movie alone, but having everyone be gone was getting old and his company was just what I needed. 

Towards the middle of the movie, Seunghyun and I shifted positions to where I was practically laying on top of him, still wrapped in his arms. We were silent, but our presence for each other was enough. 

​Then, he began to my jawline. Tickling me, I looked up at him to motion for him to stop, but I was interrupted by his lips touching mine. It was the first time he kissed my lips.

​It was just as I had imagined it, but better. His lips were soft and perfectly shaped. The fullness of his lips caused me to unconsciously nibble on them. As I was doing so, he laughed, ruining the kiss. I jokingly scoffed, half amused, half annoyed. He gave me one more peck before redirecting his attention back to the movie. I was content with his kiss, so I did the same. 

​Maybe a half and hour had passed when I realized that I had fallen asleep because I woke up when I was pulled from the comfortable position I was in. 

"What in the hell is he doing here, Eun Kyung?!" I heard Junho yell out. His face usually showed his emotion, but I didn't have to be fully awake to tell that he was incredibly and ultimately pissed. 

​Seunghyun must have been sleeping too because he was wiping his eyes. 

"I thought I told you that I never wanted to see him around ever again!" He said pointing to the confused man on the couch. 

"Uhh, who are you?" Seunghyun's deep voice filled the quiet room. 

​Junho turned around, upset at the fact that the man he didn't like for no apparent reason had spoken.

"A better question. Who are you?" I could tell Junho was trying to hold back. I could see the veins pulsing from his biceps and neck. 

"I'm her oppa, that's who." Seunghyun confidentially shot back. I knew it would be it if I allowed this to continue. I needed to make sure I got Seunghyun out of here, face still in tact. Junho's jealousy wasn't what you'd called 'cute'

​I pushed my way in between the two grown men who were uncomfortably close. 

"He's leaving, Junho. Just sit down." I pushed Junho's chest and grabbed Seunhyun's wrist. I pulled him to the porch and closed the front door so Junho couldn't hear. 

"What was that about?" Seunghyun asked, snatching his arm away. 

"It was nothing. He's just overprotective and bitter." 

"it sure as hell didn't seem like nothing." Seunghyun replied, a slight annoyance in his voice. "Look, I like you. I really do. You know that, but if you can't handle your so-called'overprotective and bitter' friend in there, then this won't be able to work. I have too much on my hands and this is something I don't need." 

​I could sense the seriousness in his voice. It almost scarred me. There was a pause. 

"Who is he?" He said crossing his arms. 

I hestitated before I answered. "L-Lee Junho. A-A family friend."I knew I should have told him about Junho, but the moment wasn't right. He would leave for sure. 

"Well, I think this 'Junho' likes you. I'm watching him." He said backing down the stairs and to his car. He sped down the street just as Junho opened the door. 

"Come inside. It's getting cold." Junho said placing his hand on my shoulder.

​I could only look at him in disgust. How could he possibly think that I was going to talk to him, let alone even acknowledge his existence after the stunt he had just pulled. 

I pushed past him and rushed upstairs into my room. I sat in bed and wrapped my arms around my knees. When Junho stood in the doorway, I didn't look in his direction.  

He made his way over to my bed and sat next to me. 

"You knew I wouldn't be able to handle seeing you with him." He said propping his feet onto the bed. 

"Then you should have stayed in Busan." I groaned. 

​I felt him looking at me. He began to play with my ponytail. 

"I knew you weren't asleep the night we slept together, Kyunggie. You've always been terrible at pretending." 

I dug my nails into my knees, trying not to give myself away. How could he tell that I wasn't asleep? I don't know. He was one of the people that I met that could read me like a book... A kindergarten book.

"The only reason I haven't asked you tp marry me yet is the fact that you haven't fully grasped the aspect of still loving me and realizing that you were being stubborn when you left." 

​I turned my head in the opposite direction of Junho, not wanting him to see any emotion on my face whatsoever. He was too confident.

​He forced me to look at him when he grabbed my jaw. Once his eyes locked onto mine, I couldn't look away. 

"You love me. I can see it." 

The Junho I used to know was never this talented at reading his partner. I'm surprised he never started a class on this. 

He kissed my forehead, my cheeks, my lips, and down to my neck.

He placed his forehead on mine and said, "One day, Lee Eun. One day..."