Unexpected Twist (Baekhyun)

Unexpected Twist

 

Third person pov

 

The next morning, Baekhyun was in the kitchen getting a glass of juice from the refrigerator. He didn’t sleep well, not a surprise actually. He couldn’t stop worrying about what manager hyung had said. Yes, Sehun did indeed not look angry at him yesterday but will he really be that way if the news was really released that way? She’s his girlfriend after all, which boyfriend will be okay with that?! He sighed at the thought of it.

 

He rummaged through the fridge, seeing some eggs and suddenly feeling really hungry, his stomach growled. Baekhyun wanted to cook some omelette, mouth already watering at the thought of it, but remembering that Kyungsoo had reminded everyone to not cook without his permission and supervision, he sadly placed the eggs back and settled with his glass of juice. 

 

He turned around and saw a sleepy Taeri at the entrance to the kitchen. He jumped slightly because he didn’t expect anyone to be awake at this early timing.

 

“Taeri ah, why are you awake already? You could have rest more.” Baekhyun said, as he moved towards the sleepy girl rubbing her puffy eyes, probably from all the crying yesterday. He chuckled at the cute sight infront of him, and thought, “She looks like a little girl”.

 

“Oh I was thirsty and my bottle was empty already. Why are you awake too?” She muttered, eyes barely open.

 

“I couldn’t sleep so I came to get something to drink. Want some juice?” Baekhyun answered and held out the cup of juice he poured just now. She smiled and took it, finishing it within a few seconds.

 

“Thank you~~” Taeri dragged the end unnecessarily, causing the boy to laugh at her. Baekhyun held out his hand. Taeri stared at his pretty hands, yes Baekhyun's hands are really pretty, everyone knows that, even the fans noticed that too. She looked at him, confused by his actions. "Yah, babo ah. Give me the cup, I will wash it", Baekhyun said, smacking her head lightly before snatching the cup from her hand. Taeri stuck out her tongue at the boy "mehrong!", and went to sit at the kitchen table. 

 

"You can go back and sleep, don't have to wait for me to wash finish. Its only a cup!" Baekhyun said, laughing. 

 

"Its okay~~" Taeri replied. "Oh, what's this?! Its so cuteeeee" 

 

Baekhyun turned around, wondering what she's talking about, and saw her playing with the handphone keychain that he got recently. "Ah, I just bought it recently! Cute right?!" Taeri nodded her head furiously, trying hard to express how cute the keychain is. Baekhyun laughed at her, taking the keychain away from her, receiving a pout from the latter. "Yah, can't you let me play with it for a while more? You're so mean!"
 

"Oh really? I wanted to take it out and give it to you. Ah, since you don't want it, and even said that I'm mean, I shall keep it for myself then." Baekhyun said, acting disappointed that his kind act wasn't appreciated. Taeri's eyes widened and she clinged onto the boy's sleeve, pulling it and whining. "Baekhyunnieeeee~ I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that! You're the best!" 

 

Obviously, the boy couldn't resist Taeri's cuteness and constant whining so he gave in, not that he really decided to not give her the keychain anyway, he was just joking. The look of happiness and joy on Taeri's face was indescribable and Baekhyun don't even understand how could she be so happy just because she got the keychain, he asked "Are you really that happy?"

 

Taeri nodded, smiling, grinning, until her eyes almost couldn't be seen anymore. Baekhyun laughed and ruffled her hair. She yawned, and Baekhyun started pushing her back to her room, which is actually also Sehun’s room. “Go back to sleep, you’re still tired!”, he said. "Baekhyun, you're really giving me this?" Taeri asked, holding up the keychain.

 

"Yeah of course, why not? And even if I say no, will you give it back?" Baekhyun joked.

 

Taeri, being sleepy again, didn't catch the joke and took him seriously. "Yeah I will! So do you want it back? Really, you can have it back!"

 

Laughing, he continued to bring her back to her room. "I'm really giving it to you. Take good care of it okay! Now go to sleep, rest well!"

 

"Oh okay, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! Sleep well too Baekhyun oppa!" She quickly said before Baekhyun closed the door.

 

Baekhyun smiled recalling how adorable Taeri had been, but then realizing what he was thinking about and quickly shook his head attempting to get rid of those thoughts.

 

“Yah Bacon! What are you thinking about! Are you mad, aish!”

 

“But… she really looked so cute just now..”

 

“NO NO NOOOO, STOP!! You are mad!!!” He hit his own head lightly and then went back to the kitchen to get another glass of juice for himself. He couldn't get rid of the thoughts about Taeri, so he started to sing along to his favourite seniors, SNSD's new song, Paparazzi in order to distract himself.

 

-----

As the title says, this chapter focuses more on Baekhyun. Do you all like it? :/

 

Don't forget to do the poll here! Really appreciate your feedback!

Thank you all who have voted already! The votes are quite close currently, its hard for me to decide! T-T