Unexpected Twist

Unexpected Twist

 

Your pov

 

A week ago~

 

"Oh no, we ran out of panadol!" Suho said as he rummaged through the medicine box.

Sehun fell sick, he's having a fever due to lack of rest and all the overwhelming practices and schedules. you pull the blankets and tuck him in carefully so as not to wake him up. You ran your hand down his beautiful jawline as you watched him sleep. His forehead cringed a little, probably from feeling uncomfortable from the heat and stuff. He tried to push the blanket away but you stopped him lightly.

"Sehun ah, you can't.. Just bear with it alright?" You said softly as you wiped the sweat from his forehead, though its highly unlikely that he will hear you.

"Taeri ah, we don't have any panadol left. I'm going to go out and get some okay?" Suho said as he entered Sehun's room and checked on Sehun too.

"No no, its okay. You just came back from meeting with manager right? You need to rest, I will go get it!" You stood up and grabbed my wallet and prepared to leave.

"But its late! You are a girl, I can't let you go out alone now. Sehun would probably kill me if he finds that out when he wakes up." Suho said and laughed.

"I will go with Taeri! I can go get some ice cream too, its running low already!" Baekhyun appeared at the door, pouting as he thought of his favourite ice cream running low already.

So Baekhyun and you left their dorm and went to the nearby convenient store to get the medicine and his ice cream. You were on the way back till someone recognised Baekhyun. Lowering your heads and ignoring them as much as you two could, the two of you hurried back till you finally reached the dorm. "I hope everything is fine." Baekhyun said as we entered the lift.

You silently hoped so as well though your instincts were telling you that something is going to happen, something bad.

 

The next day, a few of the members, Sehun and you were at the couch watching a movie. Till Kai who was on the computer, shouted, " guys, this is bad. Come and see!" Baekhyun immediately rushed over, joined by Kyungsoo and Chanyeol a few seconds later. You walked over with Sehun, fingers intertwined. You smiled seeing that he had recovered pretty quickly and is almost alright already. But the smile was gone the moment you saw what was on the screen. It was a photo of Baekhyun and you last night when you guys went out to buy stuff. The person who recognised him... he/she took photos.

The front door clicked and everyone turned to look who it was. Its Manager, with a furious look on his face.

"Manager hyung..." Baekhyun started. Everyone in the room knows why he is here, why he is so angry.

"So you saw it too? Care to explain what happened?! Did I not tell all of you to be extra careful especially now that you have debuted?!" He shouted. Baekhyun and you looked down at the ground. You felt really bad, you felt like you were the one who caused Baekhyun to be in this situation.

"Hyung, they just went out to get medicine for me because I was sick and there wasn't any left in the dorm. They didn't do anything wrong. And you know they are not together don't you?" Sehun explained, and his hand tightened around yours as he did so, reassuring you that everything is okay.

Hearing the explanation, he looked slightly less angry, rubbing his fingers against his temple, he said, "I know I know, of course I know they are not together. I am not blind!" He pointed to your hands. You blushed slightly and Chanyeol giggled at the manager's words before getting elbowed by Kai and attempted to look serious again.

"Its too late to stop the news from spreading, you guys know how fast this kind of news spread. All we can do is hope that the fans won't get too angry or anything of that sort. We need to keep your reputation as good as we can. In the meantime, Baekhyun, Taeri, don't ever go out alone or together again. Its for your own safety. All of you just stay indoors as much as you can!" Manager instructed and started to leave the dorm.

You hastily muttered a "Sorry", loud enough for him to hear. He smiled slightly to acknowledge that he heard it, though his face was still full of worry. Manager oppa can be a really nice person, I hate bringing him trouble...

"Sehun ah... I am sorry. I didn't mean to.." Baekhyun was cut off by Sehun before he could finish his sentence. "Hyung, why are you apologising? You didn't do anything wrong!" Baekhyun looked up at the maknae, eyes becoming watery. I felt even worse, its not even Baekhyun's fault! He turned to you, and started, "Taeri.. I am s.." "Sorry!" You said rather loudly before he could finish. "Yah! Why are you apologising!" "Then why are you apologising?!" Sehun and the members who were in the living room laughed at the two of you and you joined in too.

 

You cuddled up to Sehun in his bed. You took a long time to persuade him to let you do that because he refuses to let you near him, saying that what if the fever bug isn't entirely gone and might pass it to you. But he finally gave in as he could see that you are not going to back down. You smiled into the warm hug that he had you in, but it faltered as soon as you recalled the earlier event.

"Sehunnie.. What's going to happen?"

"Tae.. To be honest, I don't know either. But I'm sure things will be fine." He replied with a smile, the smile that never fails to warm you up no matter where and when.

"No matter what, I'm here so don't worry. And you have the whole of Exo behind you, what's there to worry about?!" He chuckled.

You laughed, but secretly thanking for having known these 12 amazing boys. Its true, what Sehun said, about having Exo with you. They accepted you really well when Sehun and you told them that two of you were together. They treated you as a good friend, as a sister and is almost like a big family. You were slowly falling asleep with Sehun's arms wrapped around you but before you fell into deep slumber, you heard him whispering "I love you" before kissing you on your forehead and using the last bit of energy left, you mumbled "I love you too", earning a chuckle from him as he tightened his arms around you and him telling you to sleep, which you did almost immediately. 

 

-----

 

A/n: This is my first time writing exo fanfic T-T Hope you guys enjoy it! ^^