Breathe

All of them

 

The day after my “mental breakdown” was luckily a saturday, so I had no classes. Heechul cancelled his schedule to take care of me. I didn't want him to miss anything important, but when I told him he simply refused to listen to me. “You're not allowed to stay at home by yourself.” He told me, like I was a little kid or something. Still I knew better than to begin arguing with him.

 

“Have a nice day” Kyuhyun said and gave me a hug. With him being the last one to leave, I locked the door. As soon as Kyuhyun had left Heechul grabbed my hand. Now Heechul and I were the only ones left in our huge dorm. Our eyes met and I felt my body release a small shiver. He moisted his lips with his tongue. 'Why are you doing this to me!' I almost said out loud. He was such a teaser. Then something unexpected happened. With long slender fingers he tilted my chin up, and without any warning, he bent down and kissed me.

 

His lips were soft, and gentle, and although he'd taken me by surprise it felt comfortable, and right. During the kiss my hands had let themselves travel up to Heechul's neck. After he pulled away we just stood there for a while, my fingers tangled in his hair, his hands around my waist, pulling me closer.

 

I could feel his breath on my lips. Should I return the kiss?

 

Then he broke the silence. “You know there's a really important thing that we humans need to do, it's called breathing.” What on earth was he talking about? “Breathe Serena” I finally realized I had been holding my breath all the while. My lungs were already starting to sting. I took a deep breath. “I guess good looks really can kill.” he said nonchalantly, before letting go of me to walk to the living room. For a minute I just stood there like an idiot, but in the end I decided to follow him and managed, by some miracle, to catch up with him and his damn long legs. As I reached him he turned around positioning himself right in front of me. It was sheer luck I did not crash into him. “Oh sorry!” Why was I apologizing? Stupid. “Um... I mean... what do you wanna do today?” He raised an eyebrow “What do you think I wanna do?” I felt myself turn into a deep red. Filthy mind! “Uh... I don't know...?” I answered. “Oh really?” he teased on, while a wicked smile spread across his face. At the same moment Hangeng walked out of the kitchen, making me freeze into position. Seeing this Heechul turned around and discovered too that we were not alone. “What? I forgot my reading glasses at the breakfast table!” Hangeng said, not quite understanding the situation. Unlike himself he was wearing skinny jeans and a pistols t-shirt. He looked like a rocker, kinda hot really. “Bye Serena!” he gave me a kiss on the cheek. “Ah, um, bye!” I was already blushing. “Oh and Heechul...” he now turned to Heechul, making me wonder if he was going to kiss him too. “Don't be too rough with her.” he finished with a grin and ran out of the dorm. “Wait, what? Is this some kind of sick joke?” I asked Heechul, but he just stood there saying nothing, obviously amused by the team-trolling that was going on between the two men.

 

I on the other hand was starting to feel rather stupid, and more than just a little bit irritated. “Okay... you can stop the minding already.” I explained to him. “What if I don't want to?” He told me, like a kid who knew the game was close to an end, but didn't wanna give up. “Heechul... we just shared our first kiss together,” I felt that a lump of pain was starting to form in my throat. “and now you're just a-acting all cool about it” the tears were building up in my eyes “like it didn't matter!”

 

“Serena... I didn't mean to make you sad.” There it was again, that pained expression I had seen on his face yesterday. “I love you” I said, my breath heavy “but you make no sense!” I ran to my room and locked the door.

 

“At first he's like all overprotective of me. Now he plays with me like I'm some kind of toy.” I was talking to myself while stomping around in my room like some five year old. “And not only him! Hannie oppa too!”

 

A loud “Meow!” was heard from behind the entrance door to my bedroom. “Heechul... ?” I asked, a bit hesitant, considering he might have overheard me talking to myself, and if that had been the case then I'd better shut up and pretend no one was there (either that or die of embarrassment). When no one answered I finally decided it was time to open the door and reveal who it was. To my great relieve no one was there. But then I heard it again “Meow”. A gray cat was circling my legs. “Oh hi Heenim!” I picked him up and carried him to my bed were we both laid down. I patted him and he begun purring “You're such a cutie!” He just looked up at me nonchalantly like he was telling me to zip it. “But I need your advice on something!” I frowned. “Meow” he answered. “I'll take that as 'Go ahead' ? Well... you see... I really like Heechul and all, but sometimes, like now, I get the feeling like all he want is to make fun of me.” Still I knew he also cared for me, if he'd been an I would not have been able to say that I liked him this openheartedly. “Maybe a little fun wouldn't hurt? Maybe I am the one who take myself too seriously?” I asked Heenim. He jumped out of the bed passed a pair of long legs and went out through the already opened door. A second later I realized Heechul was standing in the doorway.

 

“Hi...” I looked at him apologetically.

He didn't answer, just walked across the room to my bed. With few, long steps he closed the space between us.

 

A/N: Hi, I'm back! My darling subscribers I've missed you and your awesome comments so much! ♡ Special thanks to BEASTbabie for always commenting, but really thanks to you all! I love you ♡ Being a singer really kills your author unnie! This was supposed to be my summer vacation, but I will continue writing although I'm kinda busy with schedual for the next ten days as well. I'm kinda brainstorming about the next chapter. This chapter contained a lot of Serena + Heechul due to my feels towards Hee oppa after sasaeng ed up his life... (SICK STUFF I KNOW) Yeah anyways, I'm open for requests. So if there's anyone you want to be the center of attention for the next chapter just send me a private message. Thanks for reading! ♡♡