02- Living Hell

Something Called FAME

Chapter Two:

True to his word, Junhyung did everything he could to things up for Sunny. He was going to win their so called challenge. He was going to show Sunny who’s boss. But then again, Sunny was a tough cookie. Every nasty thing he did, she simply accepted it and moved on with life, never once did she tattletale on him. Every mean and negative comment that Junhyung made, she simply acted as if she didn’t hear it. To Junhyung, Sunny was like a porcelain doll. Nice to look at, but no one has any idea of what was happening beneath that surface. She was a mystery herself.

-//-

‘Unnie!’ HyunA called out as she chased after a girl with long bouncy curls, a ticket with grand-looking fonts on it held within her tight grasp.

‘Neh?’ Sunny turned back as she heard HyunA’s familiar voice. She had developed a close friendship with HyunA ever since the day she joined the Cube family. Whenever Sunny was in difficult situations (which mainly involved Junhyung), HyunA would always be there to help her out. She was like her personal rainbow—always being there for Sunny, through thick and thin. If it weren’t for HyunA and her own stupid obligation, Sunny would have resigned from that energy- job a long long time ago.

‘I’ve got a free VIP ticket to the latest club in town! You wanna come?’ HyunA asked her in excitement as she shook the ticket in front of Sunny’s face. HyunA had noticed that Sunny was a little down these days; she was as pale as paper and she had huge eyebags beneath her eyes. And so, she thought of planning a girl’s night out for her. 4Minute was going to be present too and they were planning to party all night long. All of them needed a well-deserved break. Please say yes…

‘Sure! Where’s the location?’ Sunny inquired. Truth was, although she wasn’t the type of girl who went clubbing, Sunny really needed a break. She was sick of Junhyung’s attitude towards her. She was sick of the way he treated her—it was as if she was even worse than a dog. As if on cue, past memories came flooding back into her head. Shuddering, Sunny thought of more positive things. I can’t quit now. Not yet…

‘YAY GOMAWO UNNIE! I’ll pick you up, so don’t worry! I got to go for schedule now. Annyeong!’ HyunA said enthusiastically as she waved goodbye. Smiling back, Sunny reciprocated the gesture as she watched her dongsaeng’s figure disappear into a small dot and then, into nothing. Sighing, she turned her back and made her way towards Beast’s room.

This is gonna be one loooong day…

-//-

‘Yah! Where the hell were you?’ Junhyung shouted at Sunny as he threw a pillow at her. Completely caught unaware, the pillow hit Sunny square in the face. Clenching her fists to prevent herself from lashing out at her ‘superior’, she apologized coldly. Apologies would always do the trick for him, that she knew all too well from first-hand experience.

‘Hmph. I want all the clothes here to be sorted out according to whom it belongs to and colour by colour. Outfits that match should be hung on the same hanger. Is that clear?’ Junhyung instructed Sunny firmly. This ought to kill you…

Nodding her head, Sunny glanced round the room and sighed mentally. She should have known that Junhyung would pile her with lots of work. There was never a moment when she could rest with him around. Heaps and heaps of clothes decorated the room at all corners and it would take ages to sort them out!

‘I expect all this to be done when I come back to check up on you later. If it’s not done by then, I will show everyone that video of yours. I’m sure you don’t want that to happen right?’ Junhyung threatened her mainly because he liked and wanted to see her frightened expression. Truth was, Sunny was a really efficient worker.

‘N-neh.’ Sunny stuttered in fear. No one can ever see that video, her reputation would be ruined in just one second if that video were to ever come to light. Deep in her thoughts, Sunny stumbled in a daze as she started sorting the articles mechanically.

Aniyo, that video wasn’t or whatever. It was simply a video of her doing what might possibly be the most embarrassing thing ever. It was a video of her eating leftovers from the floor, doggie style. Sunny had, accidentally, pissed Junhyung off and was later tricked into doing something to redeem herself back. When she found out what she had to do, Sunny literally begged and groveled for Junhyung to let her off the hook but that man is damn bloody stubborn. He just won’t listen to any word that she said! And so, she off the leftovers with a poker face as Junhyung recorded the whole moment by the sidelines, laughing uncontrollably at her expense.

Get yourself together, Lee Soon Kyu. Prove that assbag wrong!

-//-

‘Are you done?’ Junhyung asked in a dry tone as he entered the room. In his mind, he was already celebrating his victory in advance. He was SO sure that Sunny would not be able to get the job done on time. Imagine his surprise when he entered the room to find Sunny sleeping on the couch, all clothes sorted out accordingly. The ? She’s actually SLEEPING? Oh well, MORE punishment then…

‘Yah! Wake up!’ Junhyung barked as he hit Sunny hard on the arm repeatedly. Groaning from the pain, Sunny eventually woke up to see a fierce looking Junhyung hovering above her. Like a bullet train, she immediately shot up from her fetal position and sat ramrod-straight.

‘Mianhaeyo. Chongmal mianhae. I didn’t mean to fall asleep. Chongmal mianhae.’ Sunny apologized profusely as she looked at her lap. She knew, very well, that she was in deep this time.

‘Sorry doesn’t help. For sleeping during WORKING HOURS, your punishment would be to sort out ALL the music albums Cube has according to the year it was released. Mind you, Cube has A LOT. I want all this done by TOMORROW MORNING. Clear?’ Junhyung snarled as he rejoiced on the inside. More workload equals to her giving up earlier!

Oh no… how am I going to finish all this by tomorrow? I still have to go clubbing later with 4Minute… I already promised them… OTTOKE?!!!, Sunny panicked. Having no other choice, she decided to bargain with her superior.

‘Uhm, can you extend the deadline? I have something important to attend to later…’ Sunny asked softly. She was prepared for rejection, as usual…

‘And what might be that important appointment of yours?’ Junhyung scoffed. As if a lowly person like her would have an important appointment. What a joke.

‘I…have to go clubbing with 4Minute…’

‘WHAT THE HELL? YOU CALL CLUBBING IMPORTANT? ARE YOU GODDAMN SERIOUS? WHAT ARE YOUR PRIORITIES HUH?’ He shouted at her in fury.

‘M-mianhae…I made a promise already…’

‘Well then, LITTLE MISSY, PROMISES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN! NO WAY IN HELL WILL I EXTEND THE DEADLINE. I WANT IT DONE BY TOMORROW MORNING, PERIOD. HONESTLY, I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY 4Minute EVEN ASKED YOU TO GO ALONG WITH THEM. YOU ARE SO LOW CLASS. YOU WILL ONLY DAMAGE THEIR REPUTATION, YOU SERVANT!Junhyung continued insulting Sunny mercilessly without giving a damn about the poor girl’s feelings. She way too naïve…keeping promises? That’s what a small kid would do! As Junhyung continued firing insensitive insults, Sunny bit the insides of to hold back those tears that were on the brink of falling. Don’t cry… don't cry… especially not in front of him...

After he ran out of things to insult about, Junhyung left as he told Sunny that he, a person of HIGHER status, would go clubbing with 4Minute as her replacement. Once alone, those tears fell without any warning. Hugging her legs to her chest, she cried non-stop as she bit her clenched fist to prevent herself from screaming out loud. She disliked crying. She disliked men. She hated her life. It wasn't fair...why did she have to suffer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

How's the second chapter of Something Called Fame? Mianhae for being MIA for so long. Blame school and exams for that. Please do leave a comment after reading! Next chapter will be published as soon as possible :)