01- How They Met

Something Called FAME

Chapter One:

I have never been one for socializing and relationships. I wasn’t exactly a friendly person in the first place and those incidents only changed my attitude for the worse. Because of them, I closed myself up. I became a really private no-lifer who only danced and sang all day long. I didn’t have any friends nor was I close to any of my labelmates. I was a loner and I loved every minute and second of it. Everyone left me alone and everything was peaceful and calm—just the way I like things to be. But that was until she entered my life. She broke into my peaceful and calm life and messed things up. She was unique and full of surprises. She was just the type of person that I needed in my life.

I can still remember the first day we met from the back of my hand. I was so mean and nasty, but that didn’t faze her at all. In fact, she took in all my nastiness and treated me with a pure heart.

-//-

‘But Oppa! I’m sure I can do better next time. Please, oppa. Give me a chance!’ a crying girl pleaded with a fierce looking guy as she held onto a big pile of clothes while trembling in fear. Five other guys stood behind, their arms crossed as they shook their heads. As much as they wanted to help the poor girl out, they didn’t want to be on the receiving end of Junhyung’s wrath hence all they could do was to just make sure that Junhyung didn’t do anything more than scold the helper.

‘Do you think you deserve a chance?’ Junhyung asked the girl coldly as he glared at the girl. It was her first day at work and she already screwed up. If she couldn’t even get them the right clothes to change into, how was she going to do other, more important jobs? Junhyung knew that it was second nature for humans to make mistakes but there was always this mean side to him that jumped at every opportunity to insult any person. He wasn’t like this in the past, in fact he didn’t like being this way, but this mean side of him protected him. It was his defense.

‘Y-yes…’ the girl stuttered. That was obviously the wrong answer for Junhyung.

‘Well sorry to break that delusional bubble of yours, but HELL NO. YOU DON’T DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE! You know why? I, YONG JUNHYUNG, WANT HELPERS WHO ARE PERFECT. NO MISTAKES, NO NOTHING. AND YOU, OBVIOUSLY ARE IMPERFECT. SO, YES, YOU ARE FIRED!’ Junhyung fumed in anger as he pointed towards the exit. At his outburst, the girl hurriedly scrambled up and dashed for the door as pieces of clothes left a trail behind her.

‘By the way, return those clothes, will you? Don’t be a cheapskate!’ Junhyung shouted after her and slammed the door. Smirking, he clasped his hands together and returned his attention back to the members. They all had disapproving looks on their faces and it was pretty much obvious that they were displeased.

‘What?’ Junhyung asked innocently as he shrugged his shoulders. For a long while, nobody spoke but just stared at one another in absolute silence.

‘Junhyung-ah, when will you stop bullying the new workers? They have feelings too…’ Doojoon, the leader of Beast, a newly debuted rookie band, said tentatively.

‘Pssh. You know incompetent people like her would be detrimental to Cube. I seriously don’t understand why Manager hyung even hired her. She’s useless.’ Junhyung stated matter-of-factly. Hearing that, the five other boys sighed mentally. Junhyung was always like that, no matter how many times they tried to persuade him to change his ways, they weren’t successful. Junhyung was dead-stubborn.

‘Well then, let’s hope that Manager hyung won’t get angry with you. You just scared away the sixth worker that he had hired this month. And to add onto that fact, she isn’t just the helper for us, she was helping out 4Minute too.’ Kikwang stated.

‘I won’t count on that. Manager hyung will definitely flare up for sure.’

-//-

As expected by the five other members of Beast, the manager was indeed furious.

-//-

YAH YONG JUNHYUNG! HOW MANY MORE WORKERS DO YOU WANT TO FIRE? BESIDES, YOU DON’T HAVE A RIGHT TO FIRE THEM! IT’S ME WHO HIRED THEM SO I’M THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE FIRING THEM IF THERE’S EVEN A NEED TO!’ Manager hyung shouted as he slammed the table with his fist. The five other members all shrunk back in fear while Junhyung looked disinterested. Their manager has never been this angry before…

‘She was useless! She couldn’t even get us the right clothes. If she couldn’t even get something like this right, how is she going to complete the more important things?’ Junhyung listed out his points of argument mechanically.

‘SECOND CHANCE! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THESE WORDS BEFORE? SECOND CHANCE!’ Beast’s manager shouted back again. He was going to have the last say this time, not Junhyung.

‘NOBODY DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE BECAUSE IN LIFE, WE ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE. YOU EITHER BREAK IT OR MAKE IT.’ Junhyung stood up and shouted back. He had never liked being shouted at and he couldn’t help himself if his defenses were coming back up again.

‘NOT EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD CAN BE AS PERFECT AS YOU, JUNHYUNG. HELL, YOU ARE NOT EVEN PERFECT AT ALL!’ the manager shouted back. Afraid that their squabble might turn into a fistfight, the other members stepped in. Kikwang, Yoseob and Hyunseung went to Junhyung’s side while Doojoon and Dongwoon tried to calm the manager down.

‘Hyung, calm down. I’m sure Junhyung know his mistake. He won’t ever do this again, I guarantee.’ Doojoon negotiated. Junhyung, hearing that, wanted to talk back but before he could do so, Yoseob pinched his arm hard.

‘AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.’ Junhyung screamed in pain. The manager having heard that, but having completely no idea of what was going on, arched one eyebrow in confusion.

‘What did you say?’

‘Oh, he said YE-AHHHHHHHHHHHH. He agrees with Doojoon hyung, don’t you, Junhyung?’ Dongwoon asked. Before Junhyung could even attempt to retort back, Kikwang stepped on his foot, hard.

‘AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.’

‘Hear that? He obviously agrees.’ Dongwoon concluded as he patted the manager on the back. The manager, upon seeing this, smiled, pleased.

‘Well then, I suppose I can let this pass. But you’ll have another new helper instead. In fact, she’s just standing outside right now.’ He announced. Junhyung, realizing that he had lost, scowled in resentment and pain as he clutched his arm to his body.

‘Come on in, Sunny.’

The door opened to reveal a petite looking girl with huge eyes and long, luscious hair. She had on a pair of slim cut jeans and was wearing a white ‘Cheer You Up’ tee, hence further emphasizing on her the-girl-next-door type of look.

‘Annyeonghaseyo. Sunny Lee imnida! I hope to do my best here.’ Sunny introduced herself with a bright smile.

‘Pshh. Wait till she screws up. I will be sure to chase her away.’ Junhyung muttered under his breath. Optimistic people tend to irritate him a lot. He could never understand how one could be so full of positive energy when life itself was hell.

‘Junhyung-sshi, it won’t be that easy.’ Sunny said slyly with a wink. I’m sorry Junhyung-sshi, but I really need this job. It’s really important to me…

Is she challenging me? Junhyung thought. Smirking at her, he said ‘Oh yeah? Well then, let the game begin, shall we?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello :D How was the first chapter? I don't know if it was confusing or not but the first two paragraphs are from Junhyung's point of view. I will be writing this story in such a way that it starts and ends with Junhyung's POV. Whereas the content of this story will be written in third person's point of view yeah (:

Please subscribe and leave a comment if you like this story (: Thanks and look forward to the next update! :D