04- Change

Something Called FAME

 Chapter Four:

His pride still intact, Junhyung immediately tried to wipe his tears away discreetly with the sleeve of his shirt. ‘What are you doing here?’ he attempted to speak to Sunny with the usual cold tone but failed terribly when his voice cracked. Sunny kept silent for a few minutes as she observed Junhyung’s face, causing the said person to feel self-conscious. 

‘Yah!’ Junhyung shouted at Sunny when he knew he was not going to get any response from her. It was an embarrassing moment for him: no one had ever seen him cry before, not even s, and Sunny just had to be the privileged person.

‘You are forever the egoistical guy, aren’t you? Even when you are obviously sad, your pride still matters more.’ Sunny made a simple statement that managed to shut him up. For an eerily long period of time, Junhyung stayed in the same position with his hands covering his face while Sunny knelt and watched him from a corner. She was starting to lose her patience and as much as she knew that Junhyung deserved some alone time, Sunny was starting to get annoyed. 

‘I didn’t want to be like this too.’ It was merely eight simple words, but it took a lot of courage for Junhyung to admit it. Sunny saw how hard it took for him to say those words out and her heart softened at the sight. 

‘Do you want to tell me your troubles?’ Sunny asked him with a gentle smile as she scooted nearer to him. Still a little hesitant, Junhyung stared at Sunny before making up his mind when he saw the sincerity in her eyes. Taking in one deep breath, he closed his eyes as he told Sunny his story. His story that had been hidden under his cold facade for so long. 

‘I used to be the Kingka in my high school. All the girls flocked to me and all the guys admired to be me. I had a best friend and a girl that I loved dearly and I thought that life could not get better for me. It was really stupid of me to think that way. After a few months, everything changed. My best friend backstabbed me and got together with my girl and all my admirers turned their back on me. I had no one to turn to. Back then, I was really distant from my parents, so I could not count on them. I became the social outcast and was constantly bullied. Isn’t it amazing how I became the discriminated and ostracized?’ Junhyung paused to catch his breath before continuing. The memories were too painful for him to bear and he was slowly becoming hysterical. 

‘Calm down, Junnie.’ Sunny whispered to him soothingly as she wiped away his stray tears. At that moment, all Sunny cared about was making Junhyung feel better. She didn’t know that Junhyung had experienced such a horrible thing in the past, and if she had known, she would have treated him a little better. Sunny fully understood how Junhyung felt for she had gone through a similar situation in the past. But unlike him, she had several supportive friends and her parents to help her pull through. 

‘I really don’t want to be like this. I hate the fact that I find it hard to trust anyone. I hate the fact that my walls are always up whenever I meet people and I absolutely hate the fact that I am always giving people a bad impression of me. It’s not me. I really want to change, but I’m scared…’ he said in between sobs.

‘Silly, there’s no need to be scared. Don’t worry…I’m here for you. If you need help, call me and I will be there. I will help you. I will help you become a better person. You are not alone, remember that.’ Sunny said softly as she patted his back. 

‘Why are you so nice to me?’ Junhyung asked her as he looked at her with red puffy eyes. He just could not understand why Sunny was so nice to him despite everything he had done. He had actually expected her to laugh at him for being so pathetic but she did not. Sunny did many things that he had not expected from her.

‘It’s because I want to help you. Sure, you did make life difficult for me, but it didn't kill me. In fact, you taught me that what doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger. Besides, I’m not one who holds grudges. I’m willing to just forgive and forget.’

 

How can anyone be so kind? After all that I put her through, she still readily forgives me… ‘Chongmal mianhae and kamsahamnida.’ were Junhyung's quiet but sincere words.

‘It’s alright. Now cheer up and let’s get back to the dorm. It’s getting late and you won’t want the members to get worried right?’ Sunny stated as she got up and dusted her clothes. ‘Don’t lose your smile because of this issue. We can get through this together, I promise you.’

‘Kamsahamnida.’ He responded and enveloped Sunny in a sudden hug. Startled but secretly pleased, she hugged him back.

This is the turning point in their relationship. Junhyung’s attitude towards Sunny is about to improve and Sunny is gradually starting to see Junhyung with different light…

‘Yah, Yong Junhyung, help me carry some of these bags, will you?’ Sunny asked as she struggled with the groceries. Responding to her request, Junhyung stepped in and took the heavier bags from her with a small smile on his face.

‘Gomawo Junnie!’ Sunny said cheerfully as she ruffled his hair. Whistling a slow tune, she sauntered in front of him, completely oblivious to the blush that was slowly developing on Junhyung’s cheeks.

You’re a really nice girl, Sunny. Gomawo. I’m so glad to have you in my life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Annyeong! It has been a really long time since I last updated right? Well, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! (: Term break has finally arrived but I have one whole pile of homework to complete. Gosh, I really wonder how I am going to cope with all of them ): But meanwhile, I shall try to update my other fanfics! ^^

Please comment and subscribe! <3