06- Friends

Something Called FAME

Chapter Six:

‘I’m warning you guys beforehand, if anything happens to Sunny, I’ll never forgive you!’ Junhyung said fiercely to the leader and maknae as he glared at them. He was scared; Sunny was the first person who managed to crack his stone heart and he did not want to lose her. She had to be okay…she better be.

‘Neh.’ The duo said softly, the guilt that they felt was immense. If they weren’t so playful, things would not have turned out this way-- they could have been practicing happily and not sitting outside a hospital ward, waiting anxiously for the doctor inside to finish his check-up on Sunny.

Please let her be okay…please

-//-

After what seemed like eternity, the door to Junhyung’s room finally opened, revealing a middle-aged man, a nurse and Beast’s manager.

‘Ahjusshi! How’s Sunny?!’ Junhyung rushed forward and asked frantically, the other Beast members close behind him. Both of the men’s poker faces gave no clue as to the girl’s condition and that frightened Junhyung even more.

‘She’s fine, just a minor concussion that’s all. But, do make sure she rests well and not eat any fried or junk food.’ he advised. At that, Junhyung visibly relaxed as the members heaved a sigh of relief.

‘You can visit her now if you want to. Visiting hours end at seven today.’ The nurse informed the six of them before taking her leave.

‘Kamsahamnida.’ They replied and bowed before entering Sunny’s room.

I’m so glad she’s okay…

‘Ah, ahjusshi, you were saying that you suspected Sunny has a serious illness…’ the manager trailed off, his voice full of worry and concern. He could see very well that Junhyung has taken a liking towards Sunny and he really hoped that this illness that the doctor mentioned would not bring them bad news. He really did not want to see the cheerful Junhyung become a shadow of the past if anything were to happen to Sunny.

-//-

‘Omo! Sunny-ah, you’re awake!’ Junhyung exclaimed in delight as he scrambled to Sunny’s side while almost knocking into a chair in the process.

‘Annyeong Junnie.’ Sunny muttered as she struggled to sit up straight with a throbbing head. Noticing this, Junhyung hurriedly helped Sunny arrange the pillows for her to lean against comfortably with a light tint of red, colouring his cheeks.

‘Gomawo, what happened to me?’ Sunny asked as she looked around the room. ‘Why am I in a hospital ward?’

‘Well you see, these two pabos here,’ Junhyung explained as he pointed to Doojoon and Dongwoon, ‘were too caught up with their play-fight and ended up hitting you in the face.’

Sunny, sensing Junhyung’s rising anger quickly tried to calm him down. ‘Aniyo, it’s not their fault. I was the one who ran right in between them, don’t blame the both of them,’ she said with a soft smile.

‘Well, if you insist. Just don’t get hurt anymore ok?’

-//-

It has already been four days since Sunny was hospitalized and she was gradually getting better, with the exception of the frequent dizzy spells and nosebleeds. Of course, Sunny dismissed it aside as the side effects of getting of having a minor concussion and merely hoped that she will fully recover soon. Beast and 4 Minute visited her occasionally, always bringing along magazines and games each time they visited her. Junhyung especially, always brought loads and loads of healthy food and fresh flowers, convinced that fresh flowers will brighten up the gloomy hospital atmosphere and make Sunny smile everyday. It was a rather childish logic, but most definitely sweet… I mean, which girl wouldn’t want a boy to do that for her?

-//-

‘Here Sunny. Say ahhhh.’ Junhyung said as he fed her porridge. Sunny had insisted that she was well enough to eat on her own but Junhyung blew her off with a lame excuse that he did not want Sunny to strain herself.

‘Good girl.’ He said with a wide smile when Sunny swallowed the liquid food.

‘I’m telling you Junnie, I don’t need you to feed me!’ Sunny pouted as she crossed her arms. Sunny understood perfectly that Junhyung was concerned for her well-being, but honestly, isn’t this rather ridiculous?

‘Yah! You just hurt my feelings!’ Junhyung replied with a frown as he placed an arm over his heart, pretending to be hurt.

‘Mianhae Junnie…’ the girl said in feigned sadness as she played along with him. Leaning forward, she enveloped Junhyung in a hug. ‘Sorry!’ Without saying anything, Junhyung hugged her back tightly. It was really weird how two enemies became friends so quickly, what more have skin ship… But, they are friends and this is what friends do right? Then, what can possibly explain the jolt of electricity that Junhyung felt when Sunny hugged him?

‘HI SUNNY! DID YOU MISS ME?’ Kikwang’s loud and cheerful voice could be heard as he ‘gate-crashed’ her room. Shocked, the pair quickly pulled away…but sadly, not fast enough for Kikwang’s sharp eyes.

‘Ooooh, what were you two doing huh?’ Kikwang asked in a suggestive voice as he winked at the duo with that knowing look.

Of all times, he just has to interrupt us now…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello both new and old readers :D I'm really sorry for not updating for so long :\ School is just plain tortures, but thank god the school term's coming to an end soon (: I really apologise for the short chapter but I just wanted to show the progess in Junhyung's and Sunny's relationship and of course, a cute facet of this pair! ^^ So anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter :3

Please comment and subscribe! <3