05- Developments

Something Called FAME

Chapter Five:

‘Yah, Sunny! Wait up!’ huffed Hyuna as she struggled to catch up with Sunny in those killer four-inch heels of hers. Glancing over her shoulder, Sunny did as the other girl requested as she slowed her pace to a stroll, hence giving Hyuna time to catch her breath.

‘Gomawo. Anyway, I wanted to ask how are you coping with Beast. I heard from Dongwoon that Junhyung is always making trouble for you huh? Do you need me to inform the manager? I don’t want you to get hurt.’ Hyuna fussed over her unnie, her voice full of concern. She knew that Junhyung was never a person whom was easy to get along with and she disliked the fact that he treated such a nice person like Sunny badly.

‘Dongsaeng ah, it’s alright. He is…’ Sunny hesitated as she tried to think of an appropriate word to describe his behavior these few days. It just wasn’t normal, the way he is behaving, or maybe she just had not gotten use to it yet, but Junhyung was abnormally nice to Sunny ever since that incident happened. Not only was he not giving her any difficult jobs to do, but he was also helping Sunny with even the smallest things such as getting coffee for the members from the vending machine in the building. Not only that, his attitude was taking a complete a u-turn too. Gone were the days when all he did was shout and throw tantrums, he was now, a completely matured guy who gave really good advice to people in need of help. And, it was not just Sunny who saw this change in him, even s and manager noticed and they were simply over the moon for they no longer have to deal with moody Junhyung. Sunny welcomed this change but it would definitely take time for her to get used to it. ‘Well, he is a really nice guy.’

‘Chincha?’ Hyuna probed, one perfect eyebrow arched in disbelief. A leopard never changes his spots, so why would Junhyung?

‘Neh. Dongsaeng, you don’t have to worry about me. I am a grown woman; I can take care of myself!’ Sunny said cheerfully. It pleased her to know that there were so people like Hyuna whom cared for her.

‘Alright then. I have to go for practice now so I’ll see you around some time later. Take care of yourself, unnie. Araso?’

Nodding her head, Sunny waved Hyuna goodbye as the younger female turned and strutted to the practice room like a professional model. With a huge smile on her face, Sunny made her way to Beast’s practice room as she braced herself for another day of work.

-//-

‘Aish, HYUNG! When will you stop leaving your clothes around?’ Dongwoon complained as he threw a shirt at Doojoon who caught it just before it could hit him in the face. Their practice room was in a mess. Music albums, food wrappers and dirty clothes littered the room at every corner and it was slowly starting to smell. It was seriously hard to imagine how Beast managed to practice everyday in such an environment.

‘Yah, don’t throw stuff at me.’ Doojoon pouted as he leafed through a magazine while waiting for the choreography noonas to arrive.

‘Ani. It’s fun!’ Dongwoon chuckled as he continued throwing clothes at the leader. To some, it may seem disrespectful, but to the members, it was how they openly showed their affection for one another. On top of that, Doojoon’s aegyo was simply too funny to give it a pass.

Sitting at one corner, Junhyung observed the duo’s fight with well concealed amusement. Watching the maknae and leader having a clothes-fight was hilarious and a great way to pass time. He was undoubtedly bored: Yoseob was busily practicing his vocals while Kikwang and Hyunseung were brainstorming for new dance moves for their upcoming album. He originally wanted to come up with a rap, but gave up when he realised that all he could think about was Sunny.

Junhyung was really nice to everyone these days and he knew that they were all pleasantly surprised with his change of behavior. After that whole incident, he had made up his mind to trust and slowly open up to new people, although it wasn't easy. But then again, it was time for him to move on and stop dwelling on the past. The past will never change but the ability to shape his future lay in his very own hands. Hearing the practice room door creak open, Junhyung looked up. Noticing that it was Sunny who just walked in, he became slightly happier. He looked forward to seeing Sunny these days for reasons he himself did not even know. Every small thing she did unknowingly attracted him to her and Junhyung really regretted mistreating her when she first joined Cube.

 -//-

Frowning as she surveyed Beast’s messy practice room, her mood got even worse when she noticed Doojoon and Dongwoon playing with the clothes. Seriously, what have they done to this room?!

‘Hey guys, stop it.’ Sunny said to the duo, her arms crossed. Too engrossed in their clothes-fights, they ignored Sunny and continued.

‘Yah!’ Once again, she was ignored. Having no other choice, she dashed right into the middle of their clothes fight, completely oblivious to the pair of heavy metallic leather pants that was in Dongwoon’s hands.

Everything happened in a blur for the next few minutes. Dongwoon threw the leather pants at Doojoon with as much force as possible. Junhyung saw it happening and dashed into the picture. With his arms, he tried to form a shield to protect Sunny but was a second too late. The heavy pants hit Sunny square in her face and the next moment, she fell onto the ground, her eyes closing. , I'm too late

Looking at the unconscious body on the floor, it took a long moment before it registered in everyone's head that Sunny had just fainted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Annyeong! :D I hope you readers like this chapter and that the phrasing isn't too awkward or something O.O Anyway, I have something to address. I know that I tagged angst for this story and some of you may be wondering: where is the angst? Well, the angst will come at the later part of this story. But, just a hint, angst is coming soon! ;)

Please comment and subscribe! Thank you! <3