03- Twist

Something Called FAME

Chapter Three:

The dorm was peacefully quiet as Sunny shuffled around, setting up the dining table for breakfast. Tranquil mornings like these were ones that she really adored. It was rare, especially when you have six hormonal guys living together in one dorm. She did everything for them—she cooked, she washed, she cleaned even though it was not included in her job scope. Sunny knew very well that she was indispensable. They needed her, despite everything that Junhyung had said.

The oven’s alarm went off after ten minutes had passed. Glancing at the digital clock situated at the counter, '10:30' registered in Sunny’s head. Yoseob would be the first to wake, that’s for sure. Sunny had already hung round long enough to remember their sleeping cycle as well as their likes and dislikes. As if on cue, the said guy himself stepped out of his room as he sauntered towards the kitchen while stretching his well-developed arms.

‘Morning, Sunny.’ Yoseob greeted as he walked round the counter to pour himself a glass of water.

‘Morning. How was your night?’ Sunny asked as she walked to and fro from the kitchen to the dining table, freshly baked muffins in hand.

‘It was okay…’ Yoseob commented as he picked up a muffin and bit into it. ‘Mhmm… this is daebak!’

‘Yah! Go dress up first! And remember, save some for the other boys too!’ Sunny said as she wacked Yoseob’s arm playfully. Clutching his arm to his chest in mock pain, he stuck out his tongue at her and ran off towards the bathroom. ‘Merong!’

Chincha… that boy is too childish for his age, Sunny thought as she shook her head and continued bringing food plates out to the dining table. Gradually, every member woke up as they sat round the dining table, wolfing down their breakfast as if there was no tomorrow.

‘Sunny, come join us.’ Hyunseung called out as he patted an empty seat next to him. Sunny sighed a mental sign of relief as she walked round the table. She didn’t want to look like an idiot, just standing at one corner watching them, nor did she have the guts to actually sit down. No matter how close they were, she was extremely wary of the line between an employer and an employee. Just as her was going to land on the soft seat, Junhyung made a nasty comment (as usual).

‘Yah! Don’t sit! I don’t want your sweat and germs to contaminate the seat!’ he said nastily with an evil smirk on his face. Clenching her fists, Sunny had a poker face as she moved away silently. Doojoon, noticing this, side-glared Junhyung as he told her to ignore him and sit down. With one small smile, Sunny sat down once again as the seven of them ate in awkward silence.

Oh well…just another typical morning…

-//-

‘Well, guys, I have already checked with your manager regarding today’s schedule. You’re all free today except for Junhyung. Manager wants you to attend some high school reunion of yours.’ Sunny announced as she stood by the sofa, watching the six of them laze around.

‘WHAT?! WHY? I’M NOT GOING! ANDWAE!’ Junhyung shouted at her as he glared at her fiercely. Sunny had known that this would come her way—even the manager had warned her beforehand, but she didn’t expect him to be this angry. It was just a high school reunion for crying out loud, what could be so bad about it?! Calm and composed, Sunny reasoned with him.

‘Come on, Junhyung. You’ll meet all your old schoolmates. Isn’t that awesome?! I’m very sure you miss all of them.’ Junhyung, shook in pure rage as the words that poured out of Sunny’s mouth imprinted on his head. It was simply ridiculous. Miss all of them? Like hell Junhyung ever did. He hates all of them for what they did to him. In fact, his high school life was one of the memories that he never ever wanted to revisit.

‘No, I do not. I’m not going, no matter what you do or say.’ He said coldly as he looked away. The members too, were curious. Come to think of it, Junhyung had never once disclosed any information of his high school life to them. Not even Yoseob, the closest to Junhyung among the band, knew.

‘Junhyung-ah, why are you…desperate not to go for the reunion? It would be fun for sure!’ Hyunseung asked him as he tried to persuade Junhyung to look at this issue from a positive angle. They all assumed that Junhyung was acting this way because they all had a free day except for him. But, that was definitely not the reason why…

‘Yeah, you can also help boost Beast’s popularity! After all, we are of the same age group… there would not be any communication gap or whatever.’ Kikwang spoke up as he glanced away from the television screen.

‘YEAH! Our group’s popularity lies in your hand. Please Junhyung? Puh-leaseeeee.’ Dongwoon, the group’s real maknae, pleaded with him as he showed some rare aegyo. To be honest, they were all doing this to help make Sunny’s job easier. They all knew how Sunny was struggling and they wanted to do as much as they could to ease her job burden. Junhyung could not help but feel guilty as he took a good look at all the members. He knew that they were all exaggerating but their words would definitely leave a bad impression of him if he didn't give in. And so, hoping fervently that he did not make the wrong decision, he nodded his head in agreement.

Maybe, just maybe, after all these years, they would have changed.

-//-

Oh hell, I can’t do this… I really can’t, Junhyung thought as he paced outside his old high school, hands tucked in the pockets of his jeans. That last year he spent in his high school was hell. All their constant teasing and bullying, it killed him. Junhyung could never figure out how things turned out like this. He was the popular Kingka with a huge circle of friends. He had the looks, brains and of course, the girl—Kang Mi Young. Mi Young, a tall and slim blonde girl with goddess-like features. She was the envy of many students and the apple of teachers’ eyes. Everyone wanted her and Junhyung, being the Kingka, got her. They were ‘in love’ and happy together for a short while, before things took a drastic turn for the worse. All of a sudden, Junhyung was ostracized and bullied by the entire school population while HIS BEST FRIEND became the Kingka. To add onto that fact, Mi Young broke up with him and became HIS BEST FRIEND’S GIRL. Everything he once had was stolen away by A BEST FRIEND whom he trusted. Everyone whom he once thought was his friend suddenly turned their backs on him. The girl he loved so dearly left him broken and depressed. Junhyung still remembered all these very clearly. Those memories had left a great impact on him. He became the person he is today all because of THEM. THEY killed the old cheerful him and made Junhyung become the cold and nasty person he is today. Betrayal hurts that badly… till this day, he can never forget.

Heck, I can’t do this. Seriously, I’m gonna just go back to the dorm and slack. I really DO NOT WANT to see those damn ‘FRIENDS’ of mine, Junhyung came to a final decision as he turned his back and walked away, not paying a slightest attention to where he was heading.

‘YAH! WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING BASTARD!’ a loud voice snarled menacingly as Junhyung banged into the person by accident. Glancing up, Junhyung intended to apologise, but the words that he wanted to say just could not come out. For a short while, all was silent as the both of them stared at each other, recognition dawning upon them with every passing second. Finally, a word was said. A name that Junhyung had never heard for many years.

‘Ji Won…’

‘Well well well, look at who we have here. Junhyung eh? Long time no see huh, EX-KINGKA.’ Ji Won smirked as he glanced back at his group of friends—the same exact people whom he had hung around with back in high school. Hurt flashed in Junhyung’s eyes but the next moment, it was gone just as quickly as it came.

‘Whatever. I’m out of here.’ Junhyung rolled his eyes at them in disdain as he stepped around them to walk away. Before he could even take one small step, a sugary voice halted him abruptly. Mi-Young... Junhyung’s heart clenched tightly as he recognised the woman's voice. He still had not gotten over her—his first love. He just couldn’t no matter how hard he tried.

‘You are such a loser, Junhyung. Just like before. I thought you would have changed…after all, you’re now the rapper of Beast. But, it definitely seems like I’m wrong. LOSERJUN.’ She said as the other people in their ‘gang’ started laughing out loud. LoserJun was what they called him back then, till this day, they hadn’t forgotten.

Why must you do this to me? Wae…

‘Wh-y are you doing this to me? WHY?!’ Junhyung exploded in anger as fresh tears started streaming down his flawless face. At this sight, the group laughed even harder.

‘Tsk tsk. Junhyung, did you seriously think you were that awesome back then? You were popular because of ME. All those ‘friends’ you had, they were MY friends, not YOURS. Mi Young, she didn’t love YOU. She never did. She only loves ME, HAN JI WON. I hate you so much, seriously.’ He said coldly, all those years of pent-up emotions were revealed in just a few sentences. Junhyung couldn't believe what he just heard. He had still thought naively that the friendship and love they once had in the past was genuine, but it turned out to be all fake. How did things turn out like this? It hurts so much… why? Why ME?

‘I hate you too. All of you,’ were all Junhyung said before he ran away crying, pain and anger overwhelming him.

-//-

Aigoo…why do I feel so tired these days…Just carrying a few bags already tire me out, Sunny thought as she made her way back to Beast’s dorm, grocery bags in hand. Must be due to the lack of sleep…

Just as she was waiting at the traffic light junction, a soft sobbing sound caught Sunny’s attention. Before she knew it, Sunny was already walking away from the junction and following the crying sounds to its source—bringing her to a deserted alley in between two coffee shops.

A figure sat huddled next to a rubbish bin, legs clutched towards the chest and arms covering the head as the person bent inwards, rocking to and fro. It was a really pitiful sight and Sunny couldn't help but wonder who that person might be. The mysterious person was wearing the same set of clothes that Junhyung had on when he left the dorm, sulking. But, it couldn’t be Junhyung right? After all, he is a mean guy who’s insensitive to people’s feelings, why would he even shed a tear?

‘Ahjusshi, gwenchana?’ Sunny asked in concern as she squatted next to the person, a hand patting his back in an attempt to comfort him. After a short while, the guy finally looked up. Eyes, red and swollen, glanced up to meet Sunny’s bright and cheerful orbs. For a moment, none of them said a thing as recognition, followed by shock showed in their eyes.

‘Junhyung?!’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I think this chapter is total crap. Sorry as usual for not being able to update earlier /bows a thousand times/ Please tell me what you think after reading chapter three, okay? I hope it's long enough to make up to all the readers heh x) And anyway, this story may turn out longer than I expected it to be, yay x)

Comments and subscribers are greatly appreciated! <3