09- Realizing Feelings

Something Called FAME

 ~Something Called FAME~

09- Realizing Feelings

-//-

‘So hyung, what do you want to talk about?’ Dongwoon asked, curious as he fidgeted in his seat. At the back of his mind, there was this nagging worry that Junhyung had found out about Sunny’s illness and that Junhyung was planning to force a confirmation out from his lips. And well, Dongwoon gives in under pressure…

‘Dongwoon-ah, how…does it feel like to be in love?’ Junhyung spoke softly, his cheeks red with embarrassment. Love was a touchy topic to him and honestly, he did kind of know that he is in love with Sunny. He just wanted to confirm his feelings with a third party’s opinions.

‘Oh my god hyung, you are asking me? Your dongsaeng? Are you serious? Shouldn’t you have more experience?’ the younger asked in disbelief, his mouth wide agape.

‘Yah! Just answer the question!’

‘Fine, fine. I suppose when you are in love, all you can do is think about that special person most of the times, you get extremely worried even when a very minor accident happens to that person, your heart flutters when you see that special someone and I suppose, when you touch that person, you will feel a jolt of electricity pass through you? Aish, I don’t know about this love thing—I haven’t even experience love yet!’ Dongwoon grumbled as he pouted. ‘Wait hyung! Don’t tell me you’re in loveeeeeee,’ Dongwoon’s grumpy tone immediately switched to a teasing one as he looked at his hyung with full of anticipation in his eyes. Junhyung was badly scarred by the accident that happened to him back in high school and Dongwoon was pleasantly surprised that someone managed to warm his cold icy heart.

Deep in thought, Junhyung nodded his head. I should have known…I’m in love with Sunny…

‘Omo! Omo! Who is it, hyung? Tell me! Is it Sunny noonar?!’ Dongwoon asked ecstatically as he tried to suppress the urge to start jumping in his seat. He had an image as the calm and cool maknae to keep too!

Junhyung once again nodded his head, he just could not wrap his mind around the fact that he was in love in Sunny. Although he had suspected it, Dongwoon’s confirmation was just too overwhelming.

On the other hand, Dongwoon sat at his seat, equally overwhelmed. He always had this small suspicion that Junhyung likes Sunny, but now that this suspicion is confirmed, he was shocked into silence. Dongwoon could not help but wonder if Junhyung had the slightest idea of Sunny’s illness and well, to be completely honest, Junhyung and Sunny had no future together. Sunny is dying; it’s a fact that cannot be changed. Too caught up in his own world, Junhyung unfortunately did not notice the sudden silence…

Hyung is going to get his heart broken again…

-//-

‘So guys, how’s the upcoming album coming along?’ Beast’s manager asked as seven men sat around a large table.

‘It’s going fine. We have already finalized on the songs and are learning the choreography from the choreographers.’ Doojoon, being the leader spoke up.

‘That’s good, but I want you guys to work harder and faster! The superiors are planning to push forward your comeback date.’ At that, all six members mentally groaned. They were tired from all the countless practice sessions they had in the past few weeks and they needed to rest. They weren’t robots for god’s sake, at the rate they were practicing, it won’t be surprising if all six of them broke down…But then again, what say did they have?

‘Oh and Junhyung, the superiors have set you up for a publicity dating stunt with Hara. According to him, it will help boost Beast’s popularity. Alright, that’s all for today, I’m leaving.’ After the manager left, four other members immediately got out of their seats and went to their respective bedrooms to sleep. Left in the living room was Junhyung and Dongwoon who were badly shocked. Dongwoon could not believe what he just heard… Hyung and Hara noonar dating? Is this for real? Omona, this is really bad timing…What about Sunny noonar?

Next to Dongwoon, Junhyung was also thinking the same thing. Dating Hara? Ani! I don’t want to date her, who cares if it’s fake, I just don’t want to! Arghh, being an idol is so difficult!

-//-

‘Hyung, there’s a call for you!’ Dongwoon’s voice broke through Junhyung’s reverie as the older male sat in his corner of the room, staring into space. He has been in this dreamy state for the past few days already…maybe it’s because of the stress or maybe it’s due to the fact that he had to date Hara, whatever the reason, Junhyung just was not his usual self.

‘Ah neh, gomawo,’ the older said softly as he took the phone from Dongwoon. ‘Annyeong.’

‘Hi Junnie! You haven’t visited me for so long already! I miss you…’ Sunny’s cheerful voice could be heard as Junhyung instinctively smiled.

‘I missed you too…mianhaeyo, I couldn’t visit you in the past few days; we are having our comeback soon. Chongmal mianhae…’ Junhyung apologized. He was doubtlessly guilty.

‘Ani, it’s alright. Your career is more important! You must take good care of yourself araso? I’m no longer there to nag at all of y-you…’ Sunny’s voice cracked as she was reminded about the fact that she was nothing but a burden to Junhyung; her resolve to keep Junhyung in the dark was now stronger. You’re nothing but a burden, Junhyung doesn’t need you…

‘Sunny? Are you crying? What happened?’ Junhyung asked frantically, his voice becoming more and more high-pitched with worry.

‘Aniyo…Junnie-yah, can you visit me tonight? That is if you aren’t too busy…’ Sunny asked softly as she wiped her tears away. Don’t make Junhyung worry more, you are just a burden…

‘Sure…rest well okay? I’ve got to go now, I will see you later. Annyeong.’ Junhyung said. All his previous stress was gone as he thought about seeing Sunny later. I really love you, Sunny-ah

‘Yah! Stop slacking and start practicing!’ one of the choreographers shouted at Junhyung as he scrambled to his feet and got into position.

-//-

‘That was a good practice session! Oh, Junhyung-ah, Manager hyung wants me to tell you that you have a date with Hara tonight.’ Doojoon informed his dongsaeng once practice was over. Frowning, Junhyung merely nodded his head, grabbed his bag and went off to shower. His stress was now back and the promise with Sunny was forgotten cleanly.

-//-

Glancing at the clock for the nth time, Sunny could not help but wonder when Junhyung was going to turn up. He had promised earlier but it was already ten thirty now… Are you going to turn up?

‘Sunny-ah, you better go to sleep now. Visiting hours are already over. He’s not coming…’ a motherly nurse by the name of Shin Ae said. Nodding her head, Sunny switched off the night lamp and slid beneath the bed covers. Sobbing quietly, Sunny’s mind wandered as she thought of all sorts of reasons why Junhyung did not appear.

Looks like I really don’t mean a thing to you right? That’s great, Junhyung. This way, when I die, you definitely won’t miss me. I’m just nothing but a pathetic assistant…

-//-

Author’s Note:

Hope you all like this update! There’s more angst coming your way hehe, just a heads up (: Comment and subscribe please~ Thank you :D Oh yeah, I just wrote an eunhae one-shot, so eunhae lovers, please check it out hehe (:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/87582/ed-up-society-angst-donghae-eunhae-eunhyuk-oneshot :D Thanks! ^^