Far Away for Far too Long

Baby, you might just fall in love with me

Whoo! New chapter and you guys didn't have to wait that long! BUT WOW, all the comments and people that have subscribed to this makes me like gasp in amazement and want to lock myself in a room until I finish this XD LOLOLOL, anyway, I will talk a bit more at the bottom! Please read it, it'll be important! But thank you for the amazing support and comments!

CHAPTER TWO

“Time?” I gasped, pretending not to comprehend his words as I found myself leaning closer to him. I couldn’t stop myself from doing so, even if I tried. I felt a magnetic pull toward Nichkhun and I’d be dammed if I resisted it.

After all, it’d been so long since I’d last seen him…

A coy smile played at his lips and I felt the blush on my cheeks darken at the simple curl of his lips. Gently, one of his hands trailed up my back, intentionally trying to make me shiver.

And he got the reaction he wanted, especially when said hand threaded itself into my blonde locks. I closed my eyes at the pleasant sensation of his fingers massaging through my hair and I felt as his fingers went to my hair tie. He pulled it off within moments and my hair softly cascaded in ripples to my shoulders.

His hand then rejoined the other at the small of my back, dangerously close to the curve of my bottom.

I suddenly felt as though I no longer needed my jersey from the spike in the temperature.

“Nichkhun?” I breathed out as my eyes once again opened. My cheeks were flushed red and my breathing had begun to labour in the increasing heat.

“Yes Victoria?” he asked me with a teasing tone. He knew full well what I wanted to communicate, but he chose to ignore it. I clenched my teeth slightly and prepared myself to ask.

“What…” I paused as the words caught in my throat, “Are you trying to do?” I squeezed out when his face came impossibly closer without touching mine.

He raised an eyebrow in mock confusion, “Victoria, I thought you were clever,” he pouted, his eyes shining, “Or has my absence taken that much of a toll on you?”

Despite our positions, I crinkled my brow in puzzlement.

“What do you mean?”

“I thought you of all people would’ve known…” he halted for dramatic effect and I felt like hitting him, “That you can only make a baby one way.”

My eyes widened exponentially and I completely froze.

My mouth parted, but no words could escape my numbed throat as I simply stared at him.

He really meant it when he said he wanted to fulfil the deal, didn’t he?

“But- I began to say when I was cut off-

-by a pair of soft lips pressing onto mine.

I really did want to protest, but the feel of Nichkhun’s lips against mine was too overwhelming for even some form of coherent thought. A gentle tingle began to spread throughout my body as he kept his lips against mine, not forcing me any further.

And then, my eyes closed.

Why hadn’t we ever done this before?

Gingerly, I felt myself deepening the kiss as I moved my lips against his.

He responded.

It was hesitant at first, but soon, excitement overtook his caution and within moments, his tongue was raking against my lips.

It was then that I gently pulled away.

My breathing had become more laboured, but I noted that Nichkhun’s had too. We didn’t move our faces further as we both attempted to collect our-

I felt a hand slip underneath my shirt.

I moaned softly at the delicious feeling of his warmed fingers on my skin.

My eyes popped open and immediately found his.

They were questioning me, asking for permission as he kept his hand where it was.

Somehow, I didn’t need any second thought

I nodded.

And then he pressed his lips onto mine again.

 

 

Regret is a terrible emotion.

It claws at your every fibre, begging you to feel the guilt as it devours you. It causes your mind to race, thinking of how you could’ve avoided the regret. You run so many scenarios through your head of how you could’ve acted and how you should’ve acted.

That’s how I felt now.

I’d woken up about half an hour ago, and next to an equally Nichkhun.

His arms were lazily draped around my waist and I refused to believe that were in any way possessive. My back had been pressed against his chest, but I’d shuffled myself away. The skin on skin contact had been too much for my regretful mind.

You weren’t supposed to sleep with your best friends.

It was like an unwritten rule that everyone followed and rules were there for a reason.

ruined friendships.

And somehow, I felt immense dread at the thought of what was to come.

I winced as I tried blocking out the thoughts just as the curtains blocked out the early morning sun, leaving my room shrouded in darkness.

I bit my lip to try and contain the welling tears.

It was never supposed to be like this.

While yes, last night… had been amazing, it was only a temporary emotion. When Nichkhun woke up, it’d all be over.

Even though I should be angry at him, I wasn’t. Technically, he’d taken advantage of my emotional state last night. It didn’t help that earlier that day I’d been thinking of being a mother and then he appeared and happened to mention a deal we’d made when we were still foolish teenagers.

But then again, I should’ve resisted.

I couldn’t find it in myself to blame him for anything.

A tang of disappointment made itself apparent. Why did Nichkhun ask me to sleep with him anyway? Did he fly all the way to China just to have his way with me for one night? Didn’t he have women falling at his feet? Why me?

These questions continued to run through my head as time stretched on.

And then, I heard rustling behind me and a few seconds later, I was pulled backwards.

I gasped softly as I came into contact with Nichkhun’s hardened chest. My breath caught in my throat as I felt him press a kiss into my shoulder.

“Good morning,” he sleepily croaked as he nestled his head into the back of my neck.

I squeaked a response of some sort. I knew he was probably expecting me to turn around, but I couldn’t find the courage to face his eyes.

I was scared they’d judge me.

I was scared they’d show me that I was just like every other women he’d probably spent a night with.

“Stop.”

My eyes widened at his simple word.

No longer did his voice sound sleepy, but it’d taken on a deeper, more serious tone.

“I know you and I know what you’re thinking,” he told me sternly, “This wasn’t a game Victoria. I keep my promises, you should know that.”

Somehow, his statement raised my bravery and I slowly turned to him, making sure the covers were always covering me as I did so.

Nichkhun’s eyes were soft and tender, completely opposite to what I’d been expecting.

I slowly nodded and he curled his lips upwards.

“You’ll never be like any other woman to me,” he whispered as he laid a kiss upon my forehead. My cheeks flushed red as I felt heat welling in the pit of my stomach.

The regret and guilt began to fade.

He must’ve noticed the change in me as his lips curled further and he began to sit upright.

I squeaked in protest as his actions caused the sheet to slip off of my chest. My cheeks went red as I hastily snatched the material back and pulled the cover up to my nose in order to hide my embarrassment.

Nichkhun simply chuckled, “No need to hide when you know I’ve seen it all before,” he teased as he watched me in amusement. I was glad I was able to use the sheet to cover my blush as my eyes began to scan his unclothed, muscled chest. Pure lean muscle greeted me and glowed in the dim sunlight.

I briefly remember laying my lips on his torso last ni-

I wildly shook my head to get the thoughts out.

“Have you always been this cute?” he asked and I made no movement to answer him as he climbed out of bed.

I squealed again as I quickly closed my eyes, not wanting to see his ness. I heard another chuckle escape his reddened lips at my actions. I was probably one of the most immature people he’d come across!

“I promise you can look now.”

I gingerly opened an eye and was relieved to find that he’d at least slipped his boxers on and was currently scanning the room for his pants. I kept the blanket pulled over my nose as I tried to watch him without seeming to obvious.

The Nichkhun I’d known had been considerably smaller than the Nichkhun that was now dressing in front of me. Being in 2PM had forced him to bulk up and to be honest, I wasn’t really complaining as my eyes hungrily took him in.

And I’d had him all-

Wait.

What the hell was I thinking?!

If a blush could spread over one’s whole body, mine would.

Nichkhun continued to scrounge around my room as he looked for his blue shirt and I tried to sort out the confusing mess my thoughts had become.

Had I… enjoyed last night?

But… wasn’t he my best friend?

Granted, I hadn’t seen him in five years… was what happened right?

“Hey, Victoria~” Nichkhun’s sing song voice caught me from my thoughts and I was grateful for the distraction.

I blinked my lashes innocently at him and he smiled tenderly as he reached out and gently pulled the cover from my face, revealing its redness proudly. I tried to pull the cover up again, but he would have none of it. I eventually gave up and wrapped the sheet around my upper body.

“There, don’t hide your beautiful face ok?”

My blush decided to come into the open again, despite the fact that Nichkhun had called me beautiful on a number of occasions.

But, that was all over five years ago.

“And you should really start packing.”

I immediately snapped my head up.

“Packing?” I repeated almost stupidly as I looked at him in confusion. What did he mean by packing? Was he planning to go somewhere with me? Maybe into the city? But, wait, wasn’t he only here for one day?

“Yes, packing,” and he rolled his eyes for emphasis, “You’re coming back with me.”

My jaw dropped.

My lips moved, but no words could escape my paralyzed throat as my mind wildly processed his words. He couldn’t have just said what I believe he’d just said. That would be impossible. Me, go back with him? Did he honestly mean that? I simply refused to believe that.

“Seriously, the plane leaves in three hours and I have a fan meeting to be at later tonight.”

The way he spoke made me want to think that he was telling the truth.

I was still unable to say anything as he crawled onto the bed and sat in front of me.

“Last night, I really meant everything. I’m tired of being away from you. And I’m here to fulfil the deal. I also promised I wasn’t going to be an absent father, so you have to be in Korea for me to fulfil that. Therefore, I’ve already booked your ticket. Hell, I already have an apartment back for us in Seoul,” he spoke as he reached over to clasp one of my hands in his. His eyes then briefly gazed at my flat stomach and I knew instantly what he was thinking and somehow, I hoped for the same thing - life.

The tears welled before I could even try to stop them.

Why’d he have to have such a way with words?

“So please, Victoria,” the way he said my name with such emotion made me want to leap into his arms and hold him, “You’re my best friend, the person I trust most in this world. You know I love you too, so please, come back with me?”

The regret and guilt had become non-existent and I felt my heart fluttering at the utter sincerity of his words.

I nodded.

…The smile that spread over Nichkhun’s face was worth it all.

 

And so? =D Ok, it was probably obvious what was going to happen, but meh, I hope I surprised you all with the, "COME WITH ME TO KOREA!" thing ^^ Anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow to go on holiday and well, I might not be-able to update for two weeks >< I'm sorry! I'll try to use my phone, but really, no promises ok? But I hope this chapter left you with enough until then XD