Acceptance

Baby, you might just fall in love with me

YAY! Faster update! It's only because of all the amazing encouragement I received from you guys! So thank you very much for your kind words and all that =3

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

Calm down Victoria, calm down.

I repeated to myself like a mantra as I hurriedly stepped out of the shower and ran into Nichkhun’s room. Once there, I quickly ripped open the cupboards and began to scour the shelves for anything wearable for tonight.

Well, the tonight that was happening in roughly fifteen minutes.

I wanted to scream at my lack of organization, but that would just take up more time that I didn’t have.

It wasn’t my fault really since Nichkhun had only texted me about fifteen minutes ago that they’d be arriving in half an hour, which honestly, didn’t leave me enough time to prepare. Secondly, I’d expected them to come here at ten in the evening at least, not six thirty. After all, that was the time Nichkhun usually arrived home.

Thirdly, after vomiting this morning, I’d gone straight to sleep as the nausea hadn’t quite faded yet. Then, I’d ended up napping for far longer than I’d planned – for about five hours. Then, I’d casually made myself something to eat before channel surfing, even though my Korean was still mediocre.

It’d been a typical lazy day.

And then Nichkhun had texted me.

I sincerely hope he didn’t expect me to have dinner made for six men right?

My stress level began to rise as I pulled on my black jeans along with an elegant blouse. I ran my fingers through my blonde locks once or twice before I checked myself in the mirror. I had no makeup on, aside from a little mascara, but there was no time to try and apply more.

My fifteen minutes were up.

And right on time, I heard the door opening.

I paled – did he have to be so on time?!

A chorus of deep, laughing voices filled the apartment and I found myself frightened by the sheer number – there were now six of them after all, and for the past week, I’d only seen one person day in and day out. Even before then, I’d never really been in a room with six handsome men who’d all have their attention on me.

Also, they were Nichkhun’s band mates and I desperately wanted to make a good impression on them. I felt the need to earn their approval more than anything as I was pretty sure they had enough influence on Nichkhun that their opinion of me could have me flying back to China.

I shuddered at that thought – I really didn’t want to go back there now, not when I’d experienced this week here.

“Victoria?”

My body froze at the sound of Nichkhun’s voice outside of the bedroom door. I opened my mouth, but found that no words would flow from my lips in my state of paralysis.

And then, the door was opening.

“Vic, are you decent?” he asked timidly as he peeked his head through the gap, making sure that no-one else could see into the room, just in case I was ‘indecent’. I felt my heart warm at the precaution.

Slowly, I raised a hand in front of me and stretched out my fingers, “Hi…” I managed to force out of my mouth.

Nichkhun immediately rolled his eyes before he entered, closing the door behind him. The sound of wolf-whistles and cat calls came after and I blushed.

What were those boys thinking?

“You weren’t kidding when you said you’d dress up,” Nichkhun commented as he ran an appraising eye up and down my body.

“This?” I answered, “Are you sure it’s ok? I was in a rush and I wasn’t too sure what to put on,” I nervously finished as I began twirling the hem of my blouse in between my fingers.

A tender smile curved the Thai’s lips as he stepped closer to me before laying a reassuring peck upon my forehead, “I promise,” he spoke in a low tone as he pulled away.

“Now, come on, everyone is excited to meet you,” and he firmly grasped me hand before he began leading me towards the door.

I felt my heart beginning to pound, beating thickly as we neared the door and I briefly wondered whether or not my palms were beginning to sweat. If they were, I wondered if Nichkhun could feel the wetness.

And then, we were outside.

The first thing I heard was a low whistle and immediately, I ducked behind Nichkhun’s frame, glad that he could hide me.

A soft chuckle flowed from his lips at my action before he stepped out of the way and revealed me to his band members.

Deciding to swallow my fear, I boldly looked up from the floor and my eyes widened. All of them were so good-looking that I wasn’t sure which one to keep my eyes on.

I blinked in amazement – they weren’t even made up or in fancy clothes, like they would be if they were in a music video, but they were still so handsome. They were all in some sort of practice clothes and the faint smell of sweat was apparent.

They hadn’t even stopped to shower before coming over.

Were they all that excited to meet me?

Realizing that they were all staring and waiting upon me, I quickly bowed my head, “Good evening, I’m Song Victoria,” I said in the Korean I’d been practicing all week, “It’s nice to meet you.” I sure hoped they didn’t hear the uncertainty in my voice or sense the inexperience of my talking.

“Hyung, I can see why we’ve had to beg you for a week before you finally decided to let us over.”

I was amazed that I managed to understand half of the sentence that’d been uttered, followed by the chorus of agreement from the rest of the members. It was then that I lifted my head and realized that they’d all stepped closer.

For a moment, I felt like a midget.

And then I remembered that Nichkhun still held my hand firmly within his own.

“But, really, it’s unfair that you’ve been keeping her all to yourself! We’re brothers, aren’t we?”

“I didn’t know you were selfish!”

Then, I lost comprehension of their sentences as they all began to tease Nichkhun and talking faster than they had before. Nichkhun must’ve sensed my confusion as he used his free hand to stop their mocking.

“Guys, one at a time,” he said, “I think you’re scaring her.”

I nodded in response to the statement and immediately, all of them began muttering soft apologies to me while bowing their heads. I was amazed at their ability to transform from loud and boisterous to quiet and ordered.

“It’s ok,” I told them, feeling unnerved by their bowed heads.

“Let me introduce my monkey friends to you,” Nichkhun spoke after me, “First, we have Junsu.”

For the first of the handsome men, he seemed to be the most charming of them all. He had those eyes that sparkled and probably made women swoon when he locked eyes with them. Yet, I didn’t feel threatened by them. I remembered him as being one of the main vocals of 2PM.

“Then, the tall one next to him is Taecyeon.”

And boy, was Taecyeon tall, muscular too. I could identify the defined outline of muscle underneath the thin, black sleeved shirt he wore. Yet, he had a look of innocence etched in his manly face and the spiked hair helped to emphasize that. He was the rapper of the group and the leader.

“Smiley next to him is Junho.”

Junho was the type of boy you wanted to date as he looked like he’d treat you well and would look after you. He had a charming, boyish smile and gentle features. Somehow, I thought I’d feel the most comfortable with him the whole evening.

“And then there’s Wooyoung.”

Snow and a confident smile were the first words that came to mind upon seeing the male. Yet, somehow, a sense of jealously began to filter through me. He was the closest to Nichkhun, based on the pictures I’d seen and things I’d read. They were a ‘fan-couple’ and did something they called ‘skinship’ on stage. I’d seen some of the so-called, ‘skinship’ and I’d been… intrigued. Yet, Nichkhun had reiterated that it meant nothing, therefore I offered Wooyoung a timid smile, one which he returned.

“And lastly, our maknae, Chansung.”

He certainly didn’t look as though he were the youngest. He stood with confidence and he had an air about him – one that said he was aware of his looks.

“Victoria~” Chansung spoke to me and I started at the unexpected address, “If Nichkhun-Hyung ever bores you, come find me first ok?”

Instead of putting me ill at ease, I felt a laugh bubbling from my lips and the tension in my body eased.

“Ya, maknae,” Nichkhun called out, slowly pointing an accusing finger at the younger member, “I’m watching you.”

“Ok, enough fooling around… can we eat?” Junho’s voice piped in.

I paled.

I hoped that didn’t mean that they thought I’d cooked dinner?

“Don’t worry, we brought food home,” Wooyoung spoke, “So, don’t put worry wrinkles on that pretty little face of yours.”

- - - - -

 

It was well past midnight when 2PM finally left that evening.

I was already curled up in bed, snuggling into the blanket as I waited for Nichkhun to emerge from the bathroom. I was mentally willing him to hurry so that he could come and warm up the bed – something my meagre body heat was unable to do.

But, as I waited, my mind drifted back to the evening.

It’d been an eventful one, that’d been for sure.

2PM was full of character I discovered and they loved to tease each other in one way or another – whether it be for an eating habit or something that’d happened at practice. Being the youngest, Chansung took the brunt of the teasing, but he took it well and then gave it back to his Hyungs when his chance came.

What had amazed me the most was how easily they accepted me into their group. I’d been included in the conversations as though I’d been there to witness whatever event they were talking about and they’d even teased me once or twice! They’d spoken slowly too and pronounced their words clearly. Junho had even spoken to me in Mandarin once or twice.

And then naturally, the conversation shifted to Nichkhun and I and I was amazed to hear that Nichkhun had mentioned me more than once in the previous five years. In fact, he’d even told them about our deal that we’d made! To which Taecyeon had suspiciously eyed my stomach.

I was glad to learn this though, it meant that Nichkhun had missed me just as much as I’d missed him in the past few years.

“You still awake?”

I hummed in response as the Thai male stepped into the room, bringing with him a fresh, just-showered aroma. I cocked an eye open to watch as he approached the bed.

The mattress below me shifted as he climbed onto the bed and a slight shiver overtook me when the bed sheet was lifted in order to accommodate him. However, the shiver soon disappeared when he scooted closer and I felt the warmth from his body began to radiate onto mine.

A simple silence enveloped us and for a moment, I believed he’d fallen asleep. But I was sceptical as I was still waiting for him to ask-

“Did you like my friends?”

I smiled at the worried tone his voice had taken. It seemed as though me liking his friends was a deal breaker and that I’d leave to go back to China if I didn’t.

“They certainly are a unique bunch,” I replied, trying to make my voice sound reassuring, “But, I suppose that’s what I liked about them.”

I heard Nichkhun’s sigh of relief, “That’s good. I was worried they’d be too much. I know how a bunch of boys can get, especially when they see a beautiful woman.”

“I knew there was another girl in the room!”

“You didn’t see her? That’s what had all the guys so mesmerized.”

I chuckled and rolled onto my other side, so that I’d be-able to face him, “They really are a good guys. I’m glad you landed up there.”

He smiled down at me, lips pulling up as he nodded.

“I was just worried about you. You didn’t eat much.”

“Well, I didn’t want to take food away from six ravenous men!” I exclaimed, “Did you see how hungry you were?” I proceeded to , “Besides, I was nauseous this morning. I didn’t want to upset my stomach again.”

Yet, somehow, my sentence, while meaning nothing to me, had great effect on Nichkhun as he shot upright.

“You were nauseous this morning?” he asked, leaning down to place his hands on my shoulder.

“Yes…” I replied with hesitancy. I didn’t understand how my vomiting could mean anything-

“Vic! You should’ve told me earlier! It’s a big thing!”

Now I was really confused, “What do you mean a big thing?”

“Oh dear…” he exhaled before rolling his eyes, “What am I going to do with you?” he pouted as he moved his hand to my cheek.

“Vic… your nausea could’ve been morning sickness.”

And then the idea lighted up.

I groaned as I hit my forehead with my palm, feeling rather moronic. Of course! I should’ve thought of morning sickness! I was involved with children after all, it shouldn’t be the idol that remembers it and I don’t.

“Vic,” there was excitement growing in his voice, “This could mean that it worked!”

A grin spread from the one end of his face to the other.

“This could mean that you’re pregnant!”

 

Oh dear Vic, not even realizing that she could be pregnant! Aigooooo~ But it's all ok now! I'm sorry the meeting with 2PM was so short >< I wasn't sure what to put there really and I wanted to write the end part so I apologize. I promise they'll be active in later chapters though^^