Air

Baby, you might just fall in love with me

I have no excuse other than life xD I know this might not be what you all expected but I hope it makes up a little for the wait ><

- - - CHAPTER 14

AIR - - -

Suffocation.

Somehow, I couldn't get into my lungs fast enough and the air I managed to breathe in felt heavy.

Heavy with Nichkhun.

I panted as he continued to kiss me, his hands wildly pulling my shirt from my body. I mimicked his frantic actions, hands gingerly tracing the contours of his toned body. 2PM weren't called 'Beast-dols' for nothing.

There wasn't even time for me to regain some of my breath when he momentarily stopped kissing me in order to lift my shirt over my head. He reconnected our lips as soon as the shirt was over my head. I tried my best to keep up with his burning pace.

Slowly, his kisses moved from my lips to my neck and I gasped as he nipped the skin of my neck before ling at my collarbone.

He was going to leave a mark.

Yet, even though his lips had left mine, I still couldn't breathe properly.

"Nichkhun," I laboured, trying to gasp in air, "I can't breathe."

His lips stopped for a moment and he gently laid his forehead against mine. Our eyes met and I noted the thick haze that covered his. I could feel his chest moving against my hands and I briefly wondered if time had stopped.

They said that time stopped for no one, but maybe, it'd made a special exception for us. For in this moment, engulfed in a hazy light, with the only sound being that of our laboured breathing, it seemed as though nothing else existed.

"Well then," he rasped out as a hand reached behind my back, the skin lightly before beginning to fiddle with the clasp of my bra.

"Don't breathe."

My eyes widened as he leaned in to claim my lips once more.

Don't...

Breathe?

And slowly, I understood.

Nichkhun was all the air I'd ever need.

 

- - - - - -

 

It was another sunny day in China and I smiled as I breathed in the air, wondering if it seemed any different today.

A giggle left my lips at the strange thought.

"And what are you laughing about?"

I turned my head at the voice, a smile breaking out on my lips as soon as I saw who it belonged to. Hangeng was the owner, my boyfriend of six months.

"Nothing," I chirped back to him as he sat beside me on the park bench, "I was just thinking about the day," I added as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. We'd been dating for six months, but I still felt as shy as a schoolgirl around him.

It was probably because I still couldn't believe that such a handsome man had chosen me as his girlfriend. Hangeng was a wanted man and I often noticed the glares women gave me when we walked around together.

Nichkhun said it was because they were all jealous of me and my beauty, but I never believed him.

"You really are in la-la land today, aren't you?" Hangeng teased as he lightly poked my forehead, bringing me from my daydream. I shook my head, eyes widened as I quickly apologized. He simply laughed as he shook his head before nonchalantly swinging an arm around my shoulders.

I blushed at the simple action.

"So, what did you get up to today?" he asked me with a smile as he continued to watch the hustle and bustle of the park.

It was just after 5pm and many were walking their dogs, walking home from work or simply wandering around the park at this time of the day.

"Today?" I repeated as I pouted, "Hmm, well, I helped my mom bake a cake," I stated, remembering the chocolate delicacy we'd produced earlier, "It ended up tasting really good."

"Hmm, really?" Hangeng asked with interest in his eyes, "Why didn't you bring me a piece?" he pouted cutely.

I giggled at his appearance before shaking my head, "Because I was with Nichkhun before meeting you here."

I failed to notice the frown that creased Hangeng's brow.

"You were with Nichkhun before this?" I also failed to notice the annoyance in his tone.

"Yeah," I nodded enthusiastically, "He showed me what he was going to do for his audition. He's going to do this really cool dance and rap a really fast Korean song! He really is amazing."

"Yeah... amazing." I then failed to notice Hangeng's lack of enthusiasm.

Nichkhun was my best friend and I was always happy to talk about him, because honestly, he really was an amazing person. He could do almost anything and he was as polite as a manga character with the looks of a prince.

"You should hear the song he can rap. I can't even distinguish the different words from one another. Also, he does these really cool dance moves-

"Enough."

Hangeng's stern interruption caused me to stammer.

"Ehh?"

"I don't want to hear about Nichkhun anymore," he snorted as he removed his arm from my shoulders.

"But... what did I say?" I asked honestly unsure of what I'd said wrong.

"Nichkhun this... Nichkhun that... your eyes shine when you talk about him. You act like he's the one you're in love with."

My eyes widened.

"What? No," I protested, "Nichkhun is just my best friend-

"I got to go."

And Hangeng didn't even give me a chance to explain before he got up and walked away without even glancing back.

 

- - - - - -

 

Well, this was a strange time to be remembering that.

I sighed as I mulled over the memory. It had been seven years ago when that'd occurred. It was a poignant memory for me and Hangeng's words had given me a few sleepless nights.

I'd stayed up thinking about my feelings for Nichkhun during those nights, wondering if I'd really been in love with him. I'd eventually come to the conclusion that I wasn't and that we really were just close friends.

I'd been so confident that I'd nearly asked Nichkhun.

Luckily I hadn't.

But now, as I thought back to that time, I really was blind back then.

It really had been obvious.

I had really been in love with Nichkhun back then.

It was the reason none of my previous relationships had never worked - because those men, as amazing as they were, were simply never as amazing as Nichkhun. They'd never been able to meet the standard he'd set.

And the best part was that Nichkhun had been in love with me too.

I now wished we'd told each other earlier though, maybe then I would never have had to date all those mister wrongs and Nichkhun and I could've begun our life together earlier.

But on the other hand, maybe we wouldn't be where we were now.

Nichkhun wouldn't be in 2PM.

And that was something I'd never be able to take away from him.

Maybe it was a good thing that things had worked out this way-

BRRRRIINNGGG

I jumped at the sound of the timer going off-

Wait, what had I set a timer-

I quickly jumped off the bed and scrambled into the bathroom.

My heart rate began to increase rapidly as I reached the sink. Within the porcelain bowl lay a big part of our future.

I breathed shallowly as I slowly picked  one of the white objects from the basin.

I was greeted by a smiley face - the others had one too.

It didn't take long for the tears to begin welling.

"Vic! I'm home!"

His timing couldn't be more perfect.

I dropped the object back into the basin and made a beeline for Nichkhun.

He was just closing the door when I spotted him. He was still in his practice clothes, which meant he'd come straight home after practice.

He was unprepared for my leap onto him, but he quickly adjusted and caught me.

"Whoa, I'm happy for the enthusiasm, but what's got you so happy?" he asked me with a bewildered look.

I simply grinned and wrapped my arms tighter around his neck.

"It's a smiley face," I told him, hoping he'd catch on.

"A smiley face...?"

I nodded.

"Wait," he said as his mind registered, "You mean?" I could hear the excitement bubbling in his voice.

I nodded, tears now falling down my cheeks, "Yes."

Once again, time seemed to make an exception for us.

"I'm pregnant."

 

I'm so sorry for the long wait everyone. Really. Thank you to those who will still read this <3