Chapter 7

Christmas Love

No one POV

Without all of them realizing, Tao has almost bursts into tears at what he heard. So his suspicion was right. Kris did have pictures of the person he likes in his room. That's why he's panicked when Tao told Lay to get his things in his room. Feeling like his heart being smashes into pieces, Tao didn't have any energy to have fun again. He decided to calm his mind in the backyard. Kris, who noticed Tao leaving the room, deciding to follow the younger. Nobody notice them, because right then Kyungsoo yells from kitchen telling them that the cake is ready. Tao sits at a bench, his mind still filled with Lay and Kris' conversation. Unknowingly to him, tears start fall from his eyes as he remembers how Kris blushed when Lay about his crush.

Tao POV

I don't know when did my tears started to fall. Maybe because I'm feeling so hurt right now so I didn't realize it. I know that Kris wouldn't like me but at least I'm still happy to be at his side. I used to have this stupid thought that maybe he'll like me someday. Now? I don't even think I could still be at his side knowing that he already has someone that he loves. "I'm so stupid. What am I hoping anyway, there's no way he ever likes me", I murmur softly, trying to wipe my teary eyes. But the tears didn't want to stop. Maybe because the thought of leaving Kris' side was too painful for me. But I have to do that if I want to stop myself for getting hurt more. I'll just cry today until my tears dry and I'll start my new life tomorrow. The new one without Kris. Just then, the voice that I didn't want to hear the most right now, "Tao, are you alright?"

Kris POV

I leaned myself at the door while watching Tao took a seat at a bench. His back was facing me so I couldn't see what he's doing. Suddenly a sob comes from him and I realize that he's crying again. He murmurs something but I can't hear it because it's too soft. I walk closer to him but he didn't seem to notice me. When I get closer, I could see his eyes are red and puffy, and there are tears rolling down his cheeks. It hurts me so much to see him crying like that. What could have made him so sad until he cries? Maybe I did something wrong again? I tried to think of everything I did since we came to Minseok Hyung's house but I can't think of something that offends him or makes him sad. It's better if I ask him directly rather than thinking about something I'm not sure I've done. "Tao, are you alright?"

No One POV

Tao quickly looks away, trying to wipes his tears. Kris comes and sits next to Tao and puts his hand on the other's shoulder. Tao shifts a little trying to get away from Kris' touch. Kris pulls his hand away, feeling a little rejected. "Tao, why are you crying? Is it because of me again?” Kris asks. "Hm...I'm alright, don't worry ge, I'm just sad over something. I just need some time to think about it", Tao answers without looking at Kris, hoping the other would leave him alone. Kris noticed this but he wasn't going to give in to Tao's want. Today Tao seems strange to him and he's determined to find out no matter what. "No, you're clearly not alright, Tao. Please tell me, maybe I can help you", Kris tries to plead. "I'm alright ge, why do you care so much", Tao was starting to get pissed at Kris.

"Tao, don't lie to me. I know you are not alright since this evening. You were very happy when we're shopping and then you suddenly get sad and cry. It makes me worry not knowing what your problem is. I care a lot for you, you know." Kris was clearly sad and hurt. But it just makes Tao gets more hurt hearing Kris speaks like he really cares. His tears start to flow again. "No, you're not. Just leave me alone Kris", Tao was too sad and angry to realize that he uses Kris' name instead of gege. All of this conversation makes him tired and his head hurts so much. "Damn it Zi Tao! Why can't you just tell me?” Kris gets really frustrated and unconsciously yells at the younger. He stands up and looks at the other's scared face. He immediately regrets at his action because right now Tao starts to cry again.

"Well, if you really want to know so badly. I'm sad this evening because you're angry at me. I'm crying because I thought you have someone you like and then I overheard your conversation with Lay Hyung and my suspicions were confirmed. I'm hurt knowing that you already love someone and that person wouldn't be me. And then I thought of staying away from you to avoid getting myself hurt but I know I can't do it. I'm so used to be at your side now that imagining my life without you at my side is impossible. I love you so much ge that I think it's alright if I can stay at your side even if you won't return my feelings." Tao was crying so hard by now after he lets out all his feeling. His heart feels relieve and he's already prepare for Kris' reaction to his confession.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the next chapter will be the last chapter T.T

But I'll try to make a new Taoris fanfic, I already have the plot :)

See you on the last chapter ^^