Chapter 5

Christmas Love

No One POV

Kris goes to the front and sees all his friends looking at him. He didn't bother explains to them and goes straight to the door. Before he opens the door, he looks back at Tao and says, "Tao, quickly. We're leaving now." Everyone including Tao look at Kris confusedly and Tao immediately gather his entire things and bids goodbye to everyone. When they step outside the coffee shop, Tao finally questions his gege's strange behavior. "Gege, why are we leaving now? I thought we're going home late?" Tao looks at Kris demandingly, it's clear that he won't goes anywhere until Kris answers him. "Uhm... It was supposed to be like that. But I just realize that tomorrow is Christmas so...hum...you know, I kind of haven't bought a thing...” Kris scratches his head embarrassingly. Tao just laugh softly at his gege's action. It was a rare sight to see Kris embarrassed and it was a quite funny scene. "Ok then, let's go gege. I know some shops who sell beautiful presents with good price", Tao sounded so enthusiastically that Kris just ruffles the younger's hair. "Alright, let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're shopping for a few hours until Kris found the right gifts for everyone. Well everyone except Tao. Kris was actually waiting to see if there's a thing that caught the younger's attention and apparently there hasn't been any. After a while, Kris decided to takes some action. "Tao, what kind of things are you interested in?" "Why are you suddenly asking, gege?" Tao looks curiously at Kris. "No, it's just I didn't see you getting interested at a single thing since we came here so I'm just curious at what kind of things you like", Kris tries to makes his statement sounds not too eager. Fortunately, Tao didn't seem to sense anything suspicious. "Uh...it's quite strange, so don't laugh at me. Actually, I like Gucci a lot", Tao says embarrassingly. Kris just stares dumbfounded at Tao for a while before diverting his eyes somewhere else. His mind is trying to make up an answer that wouldn't offenses Tao. Meanwhile, Tao is starting to feel nervous because Kris hasn't gives any reaction to his statement. He was afraid that Kris would thinks he's strange and doesn't want to befriend him anymore. Finally, Kris says, "Well, it's a quite unique interest. Don't worry; I won't judge you just because of this." Kris gives Tao a warm smile and seeing this makes Tao sighs in relief.

"Ok enough of the chat. We still need to find one more gift before it gets darker.” Kris worriedly looks at his phone's watch. It was already showing 8 p.m. and he needs to be quick before Christmas comes. And then he glances at Tao and realize he has makes the younger stays outside too long, his parents must have been worried. As if Tao could read Kris' mind he smiles and says, "Don't worry about me gege. I have already told my parents that I'll accompany you to shop and I'll be home late." "That's good. Then we should be quick because we still have to go to Minseok hyung's house." "But gege, I'm hungry. Can't we eat something first before continue?" Tao puffs his cheek and blinks cutely at Kris. Kris, who clearly can't resists Tao's aegyo sighs and pinches Tao's cheek lightly. "Yes, aegyo prince."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris POV

I'm watching Tao eats his chocolate cake happily. We decided to take a break and eat something. While Tao's having his second plates of cake, I just sip my Americano slowly. Suddenly an idea slips into my head. "Tao, you're still eating, right?" Tao just nods at me because his mouth is full. He's just so adorable. "How about I go and buy the last gift myself while you wait here and enjoy your foods? This way will save time and we can still go to other place." I see Tao is considering my idea and then he gulps his orange juice before finally says, "Gege, if that's your plan then just do it. I'll wait here with my cakes.” he gives me a grin. I just chuckles at his cuteness. "I'll be back soon.” I say and run outside quickly.

I run along the road trying to find the right shop. There it is! It's just across the road, the sign reads: GUCCI I looks a round the shop, trying to find the perfect gift. And then my eyes stop at a pair of silver earring. Its design is simple but it still looks gorgeous. I decided to buy that earring for Tao.

No One POV

Kris walks inside the restaurant and sees that Tao had finished his food and is texting someone with his phone. He just waits for Tao to finish his text before he asks, "Tao, who are you texting?" "Oh, you're back gege. That's Minseok hyung and he's already rushing us to be quick." "Well, I've finished my shopping. How about you?" "I'm finished as well gege. Then let's go." Tao is grabbing Kris' wrist to go but the later just stood confusedly in his spot. "Wait Tao, how about our things? I haven't packed to go to Minseok hyung's house, you know." Tao just giggles before answers with a grin, "Don't worry about that gege. I've told Lay hyung to come to your house and grab your things." Kris widens his eyes at Tao's statement.

"So you just told Lay to come to my house and barge into my bedroom?" Kris has been complaining since they start walking and Tao just can't find the reason why Kris didn't want Lay to enter his bedroom. Then suddenly a thought appears in his mind. What if Kris has someone he likes and he puts that person's picture in his bedroom? Tao feels sad and tears are threatening to falls from his eyes. Kris who noticed Tao's sudden mood change was feeling worried.

"Tao, are you alright? I'm sorry; I didn't mean to complain your decision. I know you're just helping me and I'm being a jerk for something simple", Kris says hoping that Tao would calm down. He didn't like to see Tao crying especially if the reason was because of him. "I'm alright gege. It's just I'm afraid that you're angry at me." Tao decided to lie to Kris. It would be embarrassing for him if Kris knows about his reason for crying. Kris just pulled the younger one for a hug while patting his back. They stayed in this position for a while until Kris was sure Tao has stop crying before pulling away. Kris uses his thumb to wipes Tao's tears and smile. "Well, let's get going. The others must have waited for us." Tao nods and they start to walk again.

Kris notice that Tao is shivering. Well, it was already past 9 no wonder the air is cold. Kris takes the younger's hand in his and pulls the other close until their shoulders touch with each other. Tao blushes and looks questioningly at Kris. "It's cold so I thought it would be better if we walk closer."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, it's already half way through the story and this is the longer chapter that I've write :)

Please subscribe and comment , thanks ^^