Chapter 4

Christmas Love

After that, they never talked about the kiss again. Sometimes Tao comes to the coffee shop and walked home with Kris, sometimes they hang out in the park or mall. They also met each other's friends. Tao introduced his friends to Kris when they came to the coffee shop; they're Luhan, Minseok, Jongdae, Sehun, and Kai. While Tao met Kris' friends when they go to mall; there are Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Lay. Surprisingly, some of their friends are also friends with the others. Another surprising fact for them, Kai and Kyungsoo was a couple. Nowadays, all twelve of them like to hang out together, especially in the coffee shop.

And today was another of their outing day. They're all gathering at the coffee shop after school. When there are no costumer, Kris, Suho, and Kyungsoo will join them in their table. "I'm tired... When will my shift ends?" Kyungsoo complains with a pout. The other just shakes their heads while Kai hugs his boyfriend and whispers things to him. And strangely, Kyungsoo didn't seem so gloomy anymore.

"Tao, you're going home with me today right?” Kris suddenly asks Tao. Tao's answer comes as a nod. "I think you have to wait longer because the manager said he wants to talk to me after my shift ends", Kris says and gives Tao an apologize looks. "No problem gege", Tao answers with a smile. "Oh...you two are going home together?" Baekhyun asks with a smirk on his face. Tao who is drinking his juice suddenly spills it out and Kris is glaring at Baekhyun. "What? Did I say something wrong?" Baekhyun asks with an innocent tone. "Hyunnie, don't pretend like you don't know. We all in here know that there's something strange with Kris hyung and Tao", Chanyeol, Baekhyun's boyfriend decided to joins his boyfriend with the teasing.

"Yeah, I still didn't understand why Tao clearly knows I'm Chinese but never calls me gege but he calls Kris gege every time", Luhan complains with a pout. Everyone just laugh at Luhan's childish behavior. "Well, maybe because your name wasn't Kris", Minseok pokes his tongue at Luhan and the other start to laugh again, all except Tao, Kris, and Sehun. Tao is blushing because of his hyung's words, Kris just shakes his head at his friends' words, and Sehun is glaring at all of them. "Yah, stop laughing at Luhan Hyung. Don't worry Hyung, I can call you gege if you want", Sehun says while lowering his head and a slight blush appears on his cheek. "Aw, my baby is so cute. Thank you", Luhan smiles sweetly at Sehun before giving a peck at the maknae's cheek. This makes Sehun's face becomes redder. "Yah, do your lovey dovey stuffs in other place", Lay says while throwing snacks at the couple. "Just admit that you're jealous", Jongdae finally decided to joins the teasing session. "Guys, don't get to loud or the other costumes will feel uncomfortable", Suho decides to stops his friends before they gets wilder. Having 11 crazy friends was sure tiring. "Kris hyung, Kyungsoo, let's go back to works." There were some groans and unsatisfied comments coming from all of them but they finally calm down.

Kris POV

I'm going back behind the counter and was going to continue my works but it seems like my friends didn't think so. Suddenly Suho and Kyungsoo come to my place and ask something I didn't expected. "Hyung, when are you going to confess to Tao?" Suho asks and Kyungsoo just looks at me with curiosity. I sigh before shrugging my shoulder, "I don't really know, I mean we're fine like this." "We know but we think it's for the best if you confess. We know you got pain because of your last love but it's the past, hyung. You need to open your heart again and let a new one replace it", Suho says looking straight at my eyes. "Yeah, we feel sad for you two when we see how much you two like each other but afraid to say it out", Kyungsoo adds and I looks at Tao. Tao was sure a nice person. He tries to walks home with me every day to accompany me. It must be hard for him to waits a few hours in the coffee shop while he actually can rest in his house. And he even cheers me when I'm having one of my bad days. I suddenly feel so bad for him. I realize I've been out for a while so I quickly answer them, "I'll think of it latter, thanks for reminding me about it." Both Kyungsoo and Suho give me a small smile before going back to their work.

Suddenly, the shop's manager comes in and announces, "Because tomorrow is Christmas, you guys don't need to come because I'm going out of town and I'll give your payment after your shifts end." Suho and Kyungsoo cheer and thank the manager but I'm too shock to do anything. How come I don't know that tomorrow is Christmas? To my horror, Minseok suddenly suggests us to spend Christmas at his house. Crap! I haven't bought anything for them. I quickly run to the manager's room and request to end my shift earlier and tell my reason. "Well, because you've never been late to work and also always help other workers, I'll let you go this time", the manager says with a smile. "Thank you, sir. I promise I'll work harder next year." "Sure, I believe in you. Here's your payment." "Thank you, sir", I say once again. But before I could go out from the room, Mr. Jung suddenly says, "Kris, can I give you a piece of my mind? Tonight is Christmas Eve; believe me everything you do will succeed." I look at Mr. Jung with a confused face and then suddenly it hits me. I grin before replying, "Sure, Thanks sir. Merry Christmas". When I close the door, I hear Mr. Jung wishing me luck.