I missed you...

Just maybe...

 

With each game and practice HyukJae showed just how great he is with the given chance. He was so busy between 2 a days and game, by the time he was given a break he succumbed to sleep before he had a chance to get cleaned up.

"Hey, how are you doing...? I miss you" were the kind of messages that he would wake up to, from DongHae. 

He felt bad missing his calls and replying to his texts late. He wanted to see him, catch up on lost time, but he would have to wait a few more days. 

With the final game of the regular season coming, HyukJae was highly anxious yet excited. This wouldn’t be the first time he was playing in a decision match to see who goes on. If it wasn’t for the FC Giants they would be in for sure. But just like they had made a run with their win streak, so did they.

It wasn’t an easy game to win, but they did. Like usual SungMin was there screaming his lungs out cheering for him, along with Hae and Kyu. Hyuk couldn’t focus on the last 15 minutes of the game, causing a turnover. Almost giving the other team a chance to tie the game, Junsu yelled at him to get back into the game and worry about what’s happening off the field for later. 

That was just it. He didn’t want to wait till later. When he saw DongHae running out the stands leaving his best friend behind, he couldn’t help but worry, wanting to run right behind him to find out what was going on.

After the game, he tried to call him but his phone was off. He left several text messages throughout the remainder of the day but got no reply. 

Hyuk was happy that they had a couple free days. He had the whole weekend for himself and then on Monday back to his daily routine for soccer. He already knew what he would be doing, spending time with Hae.
He called his best friend SungMin to see if he knew where Kyu was and lucky him, they were already together. Kyu told Hyuk that Hae has been slammed with work. After getting the directions to Hae's workplace, Hyuk got dressed.

 

Black skinny jeans, white wife beater and a black fitted cap on; he took one final look in the mirror and smiled in approval of his look. 

The sun was blazing hot, he was happy that he took off the white button up shirt. DongHae’s workplace wasn’t as close as Kyu made it out to be. Sweat was perspiring off of his forehead running down the side of his face. 
 

"Hello, welcome to SM Little Bakery, how may I help you" the sound of DongHae’s voice alone was enough to bring a smile to HyukJae’s face. 

DongHae looked up to see smiling but sweaty Hyuk in front of him, his face light up but just as fast as it did he became concerned.

“Are you okay, Hyuk?" DongHae asked coming around from the counter.

"I am now" Hyuk said as he pulled DongHae in for a hug.

That was the first time they hugged, Hae stood there for a moment without moving. Worried that something was wrong as to why Hyuk came all the way to his workplace.

"I'm okay..." Hyuk said as he lifted Hae’s arm directing him to hug him back.

"I just missed you and wanted to see you." Hyuk said.

"I missed you too..." DongHae said and then wrapped his arm around him, holding him tightly. They stood in their embrace till they were interrupted by Hae’s boss.

"Ya! This isn’t your bedroom..." YeSung, DongHae’s boss called, scaring HyukJae. Hae noticed his flinch and sudden bow.

"It’s ok" Hae said with a smile before turning to his boss. 

"I have to make some deliveries, so I’m going to need you to watch the store till RyeoWook get in for the evening shift" YeSung instructed.

"Are u serious..." Hae whined. With HyukJae showing up unexpected he wanted to leave work on time. "I’m not even supposed to be working today" DongHae continued to plead his case. 

"I'll pay you double, since you have been picking up extra shift for me lately." YeSung said with a smile and walked out the back door with boxes in hand.

"Ya! I didn’t agree to this."

Hyuk couldn’t muffle his laughter.
"Don’t laugh" Hae said followed by a pouty face.

“That has got to be one of the cutest faces I have seen in awhile” Hyuk said staring at Hae’s pout. Even though he is a 22year old guy, that face was of a five year old child who didn’t like what they were told to do.

 

“So...” Hyuk began to say as he started to look around the store, empty store, for the time being, pastries and cakes lined the walls and small circular tables in the middle. “What’s good around here” He continued to say as he saw the layouts and beautiful design for the pastries/desserts to choose from.

 

“It depends on what you like” Hae replied, while pulling out a chair. “Come sit, and I’ll make you samples of what’s good here” Hyuk went and took a seat in the designated chair that DongHae pulled out for him.

 

“Oh it’s okay, you don’t have to make samples for me, and I’ll just buy what’s out here.” Hyuk said as he continued to look over all the delicious food in front and around him.

 

“It’s the least that I can do, considering I’ll be stuck here and not being able to enjoy this beautiful day with you.” Hae said with a warm smile, trying to sway Hyuk to give into his request.

 

“I like strawberries, so if you want to do something with Strawberries for me, that’ll be great.” Hyuk retorted obliging to DongHae’s appeal to make him something to eat.

 

The sound of the door opening, new customers coming in, caught Hae’s attention.

 

"Hello, welcome to SM Little Bakery, how may I help you” He said as he made his way towards them, greeted them, giving off a welcoming environment.

 

“We’re looking for some treats and a small plain vanilla cheesecake for our son’s birthday party.” The couple, tall dark hair guy, with light brown average height women said to Hae.

 

“Right this way” DongHae said pointing in the direction; he thinks would be best suited for what they might be looking for.

 

“I’ll be right back” he mouth to HyukJae and then followed his customers.

 

The couple went back and forth debating on which treats to go with, they couldn’t decide if they just wanted the Chocolate Éclairs or Macaroons, they definitely were getting the Mango & Lemongrass tart with coconut pastry. They wanted that for themselves.

 

“How many kids are you expecting to be at the party?” DongHae asked, trying to help them decide.

“About sixteen at most and couple parents will be joining us as well.” The lady said to DongHae.

“What about you get a dozen each, it’s cheaper when you buy a dozen and you never know some might want seconds. That way they got another option.”

 

“Can you give us a couple minutes so we can think about it” the lady said.

“Sure, I’ll be right back” DongHae said giving them space and started to make his way back to HyukJae.

 

“You know you look good working” Hyuk said complementing Hae.

“No I don’t, you’re just saying that” Hae replied.

“Maybe, maybe not” Hyuk teased.

Hae looked over his shoulder to see if they were ready, he couldn’t quite tell.

“I’m going to get back to work, but do you want anything to drink.”

“Yeah actually, the heat almost killed me on the way here. Do you have Strawberry Fruitopia here?”

“You must really like strawberries” Hae said, as he glanced one more time over his shoulder, this time the customers were by the cash register.

 

“I’ll have your strawberry drink to you in a sec, just going to cash them out first” Hae said over his shoulder, as he made his way back to them.

 

It took long than expected for Hae to come out with Hyuk strawberry sample that he was preparing. The shop started to get busy, HyukJae didn’t mind, but it seems his stomach was becoming a bit impatient.

 

“I’d like to order three macaroons please, for here.” Hyuk said, while squeezing through the small crowd that was forming in the store, trying to make his way to Hae.

 

“Just give me like five minutes, I’ll take a break and close the shop” Hae pleaded, he knew it was taking long but he really wanted to make something for Hyuk.

 

“Won’t you get in trouble?” Hyuk asked, realizing how busy the store can get.  

“It wouldn’t be the first time we close the store for out breaks, five minutes is all I want and I will have your food ready.

 

Just like he said five minutes was all he need, he came out holding three dishes on his arm, like an experienced waiter.

 

“You got between three things to choose from” Hae said as he laid them out on the table. “Save this one for last” he said pointing at the Strawberry Blintzes. He quickly went to the front of the store, closing the door and blinds.

 

“They all look good; I don’t know which one to try first.” Hyuk said as he his lips.

 

“You could start with the macaroons; I added strawberry syrup on top seeing that you like strawberries.”

 

Hyuk took a bite of the macaroon and his mouth exploded with glee, the warmness of the freshly made pasty, with the cool syrup of the strawberry syrup ignited his taste buds.

 

“Mhmm that is very good” Hyuk said before he finished off the remainder of it. “What next?” Hyuk said as he rubbed his stomach and eyed the two remaining dishes.

 

“Next up is the Strawberry Pastry Filled Braid. It’s usually bigger than this, but I hope you like” DongHae explained as he brought the plate closer to Hyuk.

 

“Of course I’ll like it, strawberry pastry and it’s made by you, how could that go wrong” Hyuk said as he smiled at Hae before cutting into the pastry and taking a bite. 

 

Hae watched Hyuk eat all of the food up, practically cleaning the plate getting the crumbs up as best as possible with his fork.

 

“You ready for the best?” Hae asked.

“I’m getting a little full, but I’ll make space” Hyuk replied.

 

Hyuk began to pick up his fork again, but DongHae’s hand stopped him.

 
“Can I?” Hae asked, as he pulled a chair closer to Hyuk. HyukJae instantly blushed; he’s never had someone he likes feed him before. He started to play with his fingers, looking away from Hae.

 

Just seeing that reaction alone, made Hae fall for him even more. How can someone be so confident on the field, but be so shy off. There was so much about HyukJae he wanted to know about. One thing he wanted to continue doing was bring this shy side out in him more often.

 

DongHae cut a descent piece of the Strawberry Blintzes and turned to face Hyuk.

 

“Here...” Hae said as he started motioning towards Hyuk’s mouth. Hyuk couldn’t stop smiling childishly. “Come on, you’re going to make me drop it” Hae said through a smile.

 

Hyuk closed his eyes; he knew if his eyes were open he would just continue as how he was behaving. Once the pastry hit his mouth, he could feel his mouth salivating. He’s never tasted anything like it before. The filling, the crepes were made to perfection.

 

“OMO, I want more” Hyuk said as his eyes flew open.

 

“That good huh...?” Hae said feeling completely satisfied with Hyuk’s reaction to his food.

 

“Yes and I’m waiting” Hyuk said as he looked at the fork and then to the plate with the remaining pastry and then to Hae.

 

“Come here” Hae said when he saw a bit of the filling at the corner of Hyuk’s mouth. DongHae wiped the filling with his thumb, still Hyuk, sending chills throughout his body from the touch. Hyuk looked up nervously into Hae’s eyes, to see a smile awaiting him.

Hyuk began to choke on his spit.

“Here, drink this” Hae said reaching for the Fruitopia juice on the table. Hyuk gulped down the drink turning away from Hae.

 

OMO what the hell just happened Hyuk thought to himself he felt his face, he felt like the temperature just went through the roof. Feelings he never felt were arising from that touch, and then multiplied with the look. He needed a breather.

 

“Aish...it looks like it’s closed” Kyu’s voice was heard through the door.

“So we came here for nothing” A disappointed SungMin’s voice came through the doors as well.

“We can just go somewhere else to get treats from” Kyu said trying to reason with Min.

“Fine...whatever... as long as I get to eat something” SungMin said in defeat.

 

“I think your break is coming to an end, I thought I just heard SungMin’s voice.”

“Yeah” Hae said as he looked down at his watch, seeing that he still had a few minutes to spare.

“I’ll be right back” Hae said as he went to open back up the store.

 

“Ya! You don’t have to go somewhere else” DongHae yelled to his BFF.

 

“Thank gawd” Min let out, as he started walking fast in Hae’s direction.

 

The two entered the store to see Hyuk sitting down at the table, something a bit off with him but couldn’t tell.

 

“Hey KyuHyun, Hey Ming” Hyuk said planting a smile on his face.

 

“You’re still here?” SungMin asked. “I thought you were only going to stop by and then go back to dorms”

 

“Yes I am but I got captivated by the smell and taste in here.” He replied to Min. 

 

 

“That’s what I was just telling your friend here, they make great goodies here," Kyu pasused to look from hyuk to Sungmin. "He just has to try some.” Kyu said as he walked over looking through at the display.

 

“I’m going to put these away and I’ll be right back out” Hae said as he ran his hand along Hyuk’s shoulder, giving a small squeeze on his left side before disappearing with the plates.

 

“OMO, I need to talk to you” Hyuk said as he grabbed SungMin’s hand and pulling him outside with him. 

 

A/N: YAY i updated faster than usual :) ahhh i hope you guys like *facepalm* soo tired i cant remember if i had said the store was Little SM Bakery or if it was SM Little Bakery" Please disregard that as it is 4am in the morning for me running on nothing now. I will make the proper correction when i am more awake.