Rescue

The Leader

Joon Myun's heart started racing.  It felt like it was going to pop out of his chest  He was running toward what appeared to be Tao's leg.

"Tao~~~!"   Joon Myun screamed his name repetitively while he ran the 25 yards.  The other members had gone to look on the next street or the other side of the alley.

The leg wasn't moving.

Joon Myun finally came face to face with the figure behind the trash bags.  It was surely Tao.  His hair was sticking out in all directions.  His lips had no color to them.  But on his face, Joon Myun could see bruises.

"Tao!"  Joon Myun screamed one more time.  There was no movement from the young boy.  Joon Myun quickly kneeled beside Tao and lifted his head into his lap.  Tao's skin felt freezing.  Joon Myun could barely see Tao's chest rising and falling.  Tao was only wearing a thin black sweater and a pair of jeans.

"Guys!!!  Over here!  I found him!"

Yixing, Wu Fan, and Baekhyun could be seen in the distance running toward Joon Myun.

"Tao, wake up!"  Joon Myun started moving his hands back and forth over Tao's arms in an attempt to warm him up.

Joon Myun heard the footsteps stop.  He looked up and saw the other three looking down at them.  Wu Fan immediately bent down and started rubbing his arms along Tao's legs with the same goal as Joon Myun.

Wu Fan started saying things in Mandarin to Tao's limp body.

Joon Myun interrupted "We need to get him back to the dorm now.  His skin is freezing.  For all we know, he has been in the snow for hours!"

Wu Fan nodded.

Wu Fan, being the biggest person there, grabbed Tao's arms and put them over his shoulder.  Joon Myun helped push the rest of Tao's body over Wu Fan's shoulder.  With no words, they all started running toward the dorm at the same time.  Joon Myun kept one hand on Tao's back the whole way there to make sure he stayed steady on Wu Fan's shoulder.

Finally, the dorm came into view.  Yixing led the way and held the door open for Joon Myun and Wu Fan.  Baekhyun followed them into the lobby.

The elevator could not come quick enough.  Now in the light, Joon Myun could see actually how pale and life less Tao's body was.  His limbs followed in whatever direction Wu Fan moved.

The elevator finally arrived and they rode up to the room.

Finally, the door to the dorm was in view.  Baekhyun hit the numbers on the keypad and the door made a sound to signify it was correct.

Baekhyun opened the door and let Wu Fan enter first.

Neither Wu Fan nor Joon Myun bothered taking the time to slip off their shoes.  They rushed from the entrance down to the new room that Joon Myun and Tao now shared.

Joon Myun saw everyone sitting in the living room staring at what was happening.

Wu Fan layed him down on the bed and saw that Tao was violently jerking and his teeth were chattering.

"We need to get him warm!"  Everyone had gathered around Joon Myun and Tao's room by now.  "Kyungsoo-ah start a hot bath!"  Kyungsoo ran down the hall to the bathroom.

Joon Myun started to undress Tao.  Wu Fan followed.  The clothes that Tao was wearing were stiff with snow that had melted on his skin and re-froze in the cold air.

Once Tao was stripped, Wu Fan picked him up again and hurried to the bathroom.  He placed him in the half full bathtub.  Nothing happened.

Joon Myun was wanting Tao to wake up in that exact moment, but he didn't move or react in any way to the hot water he was in.

"I will stay with him." Joon Myun said kneeling next to the bathtub.  He felt Tao's forehead with the back of his hand.  It was still freezing.  Joon Myun splashed water higher up on Tao's chest.

Everyone had stood there watching in disbelief.  This was Tao.  The member that knew wushu.  He could defend himself easily yet he had clearly been beat up.

After about five minutes, people started heading back to the couches in the family room.

"How could someone do this to him?  Did you see his face?  It's black and blue!"  Asked Chanyeol.

Everyone sat there looking at the walls with anger and hate in their eyes.

"I will find out who did this."  Said Wu Fan letting his fist hit the table.  Everyone nodded in agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHH...  I have no idea where this is going now!  I will think of something!  Any suggestions are welcome :)